ADVERTISEMENT

LWE 35 Warren 14 FINAL

Offensively for Warren, I suspect if drilling down, some real keys could exist from formation, personnel grouping and down-distance-hash mark. Other teams likely also knew such, but may not have had the tools to limit what they might have known was coming. Their run-heavy I-formation sets look like some (more?) run and pass misdirections could be beneficial. Although not from I-backs, a few QB keeps off the jet sweep meshes to #7 vs East were productive. Such a 2nd action off an initial path is often useful against most HS teams. Somewhat like their play-action pass (mostly to the FB) that has been good to Warren, but East defended the couple times attempted.

This isn’t about Coaching so much as it is about the kids in the program. I saw this coming as did many. The athletes are there but the will and quality of kid isn’t. Afraid this is the end of this era. The talent pool is starting to dry up.
I hear you Newt! I don’t know any of the kids in their program so I can’t speak to the quality of kid, but there have been rumors about an ugly fist fight (I heard there is video that was posted on social media) during school which involved a couple of the top players along with other questionable conduct.

Is it a program issue or a handful of kids?

I watched Warren live 4 times (MS, LZ and Stevenson 2X). I’m not ready to say I thought they were overly dirty but they did lead with the helmet often and had their share of late hits. They were rarely flagged in those games. In my mind that gives players the belief that what they are doing is within the rules.

The chippy plays were called against LWE. I won’t say that the calls weren’t deserved. I am saying that the kids were probably lulled into the belief that the calls wouldn’t be made.

I watched the LWE stream. Warren didn’t play any different than they had all year. They were just called for penalties that other officials allowed.

I noticed the non handshakes which were obvious as the 1st kid going through the line walked and never extended a hand. Others didn’t shake. That’s disappointing!

• Sad
Reactions: Gene K. and WIU78
I watched Warren live 4 times (MS, LZ and Stevenson 2X). I’m not ready to say I thought they were overly dirty but they did lead with the helmet often and had their share of late hits. They were rarely flagged in those games. In my mind that gives players the belief that what they are doing is within the rules.

The chippy plays were called against LWE. I won’t say that the calls weren’t deserved. I am saying that the kids were probably lulled into the belief that the calls wouldn’t be made.

I watched the LWE stream. Warren didn’t play any different than they had all year. They were just called for penalties that other officials allowed.

I noticed the non handshakes which were obvious as the 1st kid going through the line walked and never extended a hand. Others didn’t shake. That’s disappointing!
I have to admit I didn’t watch the end for the handshake. That’s really bad and If I were the coach if any of those players were returning for next year they would have a serious talking to. I mean that’s just wrong on so many levels. I am glad I didn’t see that because their is absolutely no place for that ever!

Reactions: Gene K.

I'm not talking about chippy plays. I talking about punches thrown, late intentional hits and several other personal fouls of the physical kind. Yanking facemasks while player walks back to huddle. extra push down after a tackle, when a player is trying to get up. Running into the end zone after a score and blindsiding a player celebrating.
You said:
"I am saying that the kids were probably lulled into the belief that the calls wouldn’t be made."
Sorry I completely disagree. These fouls we always wrong. Called or not. Again my argument is accountability. There is apparently none. Players follow the coaches lead....or lack of.

Reactions: mmca
I'm not talking about chippy plays. I talking about punches thrown, late intentional hits and several other personal fouls of the physical kind. Yanking facemasks while player walks back to huddle. extra push down after a tackle, when a player is trying to get up. Running into the end zone after a score and blindsiding a player celebrating.
You said:
"I am saying that the kids were probably lulled into the belief that the calls wouldn’t be made."
Sorry I completely disagree. These fouls we always wrong. Called or not. Again my argument is accountability. There is apparently none. Players follow the coaches lead....or lack of.
I have seen late hits all year, by several teams and very few are called. I have specifically seen Warren give the extra push down as the player is trying to get up several times but never once saw it called. I didn’t witness the other actions you mentioned.

I am not justifying the actions. I am on your side. Quite frankly I was amazed at some of the stuff that wasn’t called. I’m not sure if the issue is/was the lack of qualified officials or officials simply being lazy.

Reactions: Gene K.
A punch, and a laying out a player during a celebration in the end zone after the game had been decided are the uncalled for circumstances that come to mind. No room for that. Coaching can squelch that by showing the player what an aluminum bench looks like. Also, I don’t buy the fact that a far south side officiating crew has the rap sheet in advance of a team, unless they read Edgytim of course.

Reactions: Billy Budapest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT