ADVERTISEMENT

LWC names head coach

Heard this was inevitable and in works for at least a year now. Believe he was an assistant at Beast before Central.
I know of people out that way that are happy with the hire and there may be a few studs that central could keep home instead of going to a private school.

Reactions: Braves55
Not a shock hire here. Real good hire by the school. I agree with Southland. This may keep some kids at Central and that may have went to a Parochial route before this.

Heard this was inevitable and in works for at least a year now. Believe he was an assistant at Beast before Central.
I know of people out that way that are happy with the hire and there may be a few studs that central could keep home instead of going to a private school.
He was definitely a assistant coach at East. 👍

Which position(s) did he coach and how long was he on staff at East?
He did coach defense at East and was also Assistant. Coach Woodburn started out coaching the Freshman and Sophomore teams. He was also a coach for the 2005 State Championship team coaching the LBs. He coached at East around 10 years maybe more.
The players really liked him and he was a good motivator. LWC made a good decision in naming him HC. IMO

Woody being a resident of Mokena with family now at LWC this makes perfect sense and is a win, win. Let’s all hope the Knights can move forward for LW210. This was not exactly a well kept secret.

He was being groomed for the job, yes. However in the past 6 months or so there was talk that the job was needing to go to someone with HC experience (according to some LWC families). This is why some thought it wouldn't be him recently. I hope the best for him. I would have liked to seen it go to someone with HC experience personally. Tired of the Knights not being relevant. This is a gamble IMO. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Gene K.
I remember when LWC only interviewed candidates with HC experience and they hired the guy from Edwardsville who had tremendous success there. It's always a gamble no matter how you draw it up.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT