ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola 57 Brother Rice 21 Final

Loyola is so well disciplined. You've got to play perfect to beat em and Rice has committed a bunch of penalties and a lot of missed tackles - still Rice gets ball to start the 2nd half so anything can happen

Reactions: TheWizardofWoodlawn
Loyola is so well disciplined. You've got to play perfect to beat em and Rice has committed a bunch of penalties and a lot of missed tackles - still Rice gets ball to start the 2nd half so anything can happen
Seems like if you have to get them or MC in the playoffs, then you would want them round 1. Only because that game is going to be one fun brawl to watch

Reactions: lookoutforliam
57-21 is what happened

Rice getting the ball isn’t a threat to anyone

IMO
There are only 2 teams that Loyola needs to worry about. MC and LWE. The Griffins are on a mission and hopefully East will be the home team come playoff time.
Go East!

You said BR would be lucky to score against LA.

You also said BR has no chance to beat JCA or Marist. Sticking with those two predictions?
Not many schools venture up to Wilmette on Saturday afternoons and walk away with a W. No shame in that. MC’s varsity is 2-8 in their last 10 trips to Wilmette. BR has a rough road ahead with the competition they’ll be facing. I’d say that prediction is a very good possibility.

I was hoping this would be more competitive. But Loyola looks to be unstoppable.

Since Provi scored 41 on them, I figured BR would at least have a slim chance.

MC and LA are definitely 30+ pts better than everyone else in the CCL.
Agree. JC-BR looks like it could be another high scoring affair that goes down to the wire. Don’t see JC winning that one going away. Definitely see a close game that could go either way depending on how the ball bounces.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Agree. JC-BR looks like it could be another high scoring affair that goes down to the wire. Don’t see JC winning that one going away. Definitely see a close game that could go either way depending on how the ball bounces.
Jca’s defense needs to get there 💩 together before then!

Reactions: JCHillmen
Jca’s defense needs to get there 💩 together before then!
Absolutely. The pieces are there to be dominant. I am confident they can get there, but they need to change some things schematically going forward. Get the Uber talented defensive line to wreck offensive game plans. Confident it will happen.

the largely inexperienced offense is far ahead of anticipated arrival schedule but that won’t matter if the defense doesn’t improve.

Reactions: rjjtwest
I really admired the strategic (oh I mean bushleague) go for 2 when it was 48-21 to make it 50-21. But hey congrats on your win - good luck vs MC
Wow. Calling out LA? Loyola is one of the most respectful teams in the state. Your comment is bush league. Disappointing Topiary. We are CCL.

LA_Fan....not the way we go about business here.

Wow. Calling out LA? Loyola is one of the most respectful teams in the state. Your comment is bush league. Disappointing Topiary. We are CCL.

LA_Fan....not the way we go about business here.
Lighten up Francis. I responded to LAs jab with a legitimate observation back - if going for 2 up 4 tds going into 4th quarter is "respectful" to you well I disagree and stick by my "bushleague" regardlesss of how "disappointed" you are with me. Good luck against MC.

Reactions: dweise
Lighten up Francis. I responded to LAs jab with a legitimate observation back - if going for 2 up 4 tds going into 4th quarter is "respectful" to you well I disagree and stick by my "bushleague" regardlesss of how "disappointed" you are with me. Good luck against MC.
Then we definitely disagree. Did not like LA_Footballs jab. Stupid comment. Both teams bust their butts. Both teams deserve respect. Best of luck to the Crusaders moving forward.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Then we definitely disagree. Did not like LA_Footballs jab. Stupid comment. Both teams bust their butts. Both teams deserve respect. Best of luck to the Crusaders moving forward.
Interesting
I respect both programs and feel they are in the top 3 along with LWE. Curious as to why LA did go for 2. Just wondering.

Reactions: Topiary
If I had to guess, it was Coach H’s way of responding to BR’s onside kick after their previous score. Basically saying, “let’s get this game over”.
ok but at that point its 42-21 with 3 mins left in 3q - so you recover then its still a remote possibility (remote) tou can pull out a miracle - otherwise if not no harm no foul. But up 27 (4 tds) going into 4q and you do a 2pt try is not in anybody's playbook - but hey maybe coach H will need to practice his 2 pt tries in prep for MC?

Reactions: MC63
ok but at that point its 42-21 with 3 mins left in 3q - so you recover then its still a remote possibility (remote) tou can pull out a miracle - otherwise if not no harm no foul. But up 27 (4 tds) going into 4q and you do a 2pt try is not in anybody's playbook - but hey maybe coach H will need to practice his 2 pt tries in prep for MC?
A lot happens between the sidelines on game day. If Coach Holecek went for two, there was a good reason. Perhaps instead your passive aggressive digs, you could do something better with your time. Again, best of luck to the Crusaders.

Reactions: RockSoup
Topiary
You maybe right maybe he was practicing the 2 point conversion. I see nothing wrong with that, it’s actually smart.

As a guy who has no rooting interest in any school since I became a referee, and not wanting to read any response that could be critical of 16-18 year old high school students: what type of offense is Rice running under new coach? Defense?

As a guy who has no rooting interest in any school since I became a referee, and not wanting to read any response that could be critical of 16-18 year old high school students: what type of offense is Rice running under new coach? Defense?
Same offense with the same offensive coordinator as the last few years.

I’ve noticed multiple schemes on defense while playing a lot of different kids.

Reactions: stripes13
Again,
So what. I see no wrong. It’s nothing to put on your bulletin board. MC you are better than this, quit looking for more than it is. Give coach credit for being smart for his future games. IMO it just shows he is a good coach trying to be ready for what may come. Very smart no trying to disrespect.

Again,
So what. I see no wrong. It’s nothing to put on your bulletin board. MC you are better than this, quit looking for more than it is. Give coach credit for being smart for his future games. IMO it just shows he is a good coach trying to be ready for what may come. Very smart no trying to disrespect.
MC? This is between LA/BR! We are on the outside on this one for once! 😀

MC? This is between LA/BR! We are on the outside on this one for once! 😀
Nope
Hahaha your in mix because it’s the big game in week 9.
I even hate looking ahead because it’s not in my DNA but it’s the big game on there schedule. We will see LA in the Playoffs and it will be epic. I hope it be at East this year. Loyola has had the advantage of playing at home against East but this year it might be different. I am looking forward to this game. 😊

A lot happens between the sidelines on game day. If Coach Holecek went for two, there was a good reason. Perhaps instead your passive aggressive digs, you could do something better with your time. Again, best of luck to the Crusaders.
Liam - wow you're actually prettty enertaining. So the guy who first interjects himself into my dialogue with LA and then with Fish and who browbeats LA for his "stupid comment" (you're quote) and lays the Sister Constance "disappointed" stick on me and then follows up with a Psychology 101 class analysis (my wife chuckled at the passive-aggressive comment and felt you were being a little desktop chicky on that one) even ending with the "you could do something better with my time" (but of course this would not apply to you). Liam - I don't know you but I do know that you do meke me laugh at how touchy you appear to get. So again good luck against MC and oh yeah Go Bears!

Maybe that was coach Holecek’s way of saying “thanks for access to a locker room last year?” Someone did mention bush league.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT