ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola 57 Brother Rice 21 Final

Maybe that was coach Holecek’s way of saying “thanks for access to a locker room last year?” Someone did mention bush league.
Don't know the backstory on what you're talking about but sounds a little bit of a stretch on that one - since there is a new AD and a new head football coach - I'll ask Mark Donahue (Rice President) about that (but as a fellow Big Ten guy like Holacek Im pretty sure he wouldn't let that fly) - anyway I'll let you know. Good luck vs MC

Last edited:
Reactions: Vincennes6410
Don't know the backstory on what you're talking about but sounds a little bit of a stretch on that one - since there is a new AD and a new head football coach - I'll ask Mark Donahue (Rice President) about that (but as a fellow Big Ten guy like Holacek Im pretty sure he wouldn't let that fly) - anyway I'll let you know. Good luck vs MC
It was sarcasm just kidding. Last years game at BR rumors swirling that Loyola wasn’t told there would be no locker room access due to Covid restrictions. More rumors that previous road teams were given locker room access yet Loyola was denied. Then a BR employee stated on Social media that Loyola was offered access only to be refuted by Loyola parents. It was a circus and to be honest I can’t remember what the truth was. Doesn’t really matter.

Reactions: Gene K. and Topiary
It was sarcasm just kidding. Last years game at BR rumors swirling that Loyola wasn’t told there would be no locker room access due to Covid restrictions. More rumors that previous road teams were given locker room access yet Loyola was denied. Then a BR employee stated on Social media that Loyola was offered access only to be refuted by Loyola parents. It was a circus and to be honest I can’t remember what the truth was. Doesn’t really matter.
You skipped the one where they got access at the far gate and had to walk. Also, how are the visiting bleachers at Rice under the new coach?

You skipped the one where they got access at the far gate and had to walk. Also, how are the visiting bleachers at Rice under the new coach?
We’ll find out a week from Friday I guess. In the past, if you weren’t in the top 3 rows you can’t see past the players. Something tells me not much had changed.

We’ll find out a week from Friday I guess. In the past, if you weren’t in the top 3 rows you can’t see past the players. Something tells me not much had changed.
They can't change the layout and McAuley's new practice field will keep it that way.
Is the on campus safely and securing statement a shot at Marist and they new space in Palos?

That space will put to rest Rice expanding their bleachers for the visiting team.

They can't change the layout and McAuley's new practice field will keep it that way.

Is the on campus safely and securing statement a shot at Marist and they new space in Palos?

That space will put to rest Rice expanding their bleachers for the visiting team.
Maybe it does go all the way past the Rice visitor bleachers. Walked through that area daily for years……. It’s hard to tell in the video how far north and west this new field goes. I’ll take your word for it though.

Last edited:
This not in the area of BR visiting bleachers. That’s all still open grass to the east of bleachers all the way to the MMC parking lot. This new turf field is to the west of softball field Thank god for 100% forgiven PP loans from the government. I’m sure that’s where all this $$$ is coming from.
Not a BR guy but MMac new LAX/Soccer field goes right up to visitor bleachers. Still not blocked vertically or N/S if there was a creative design. But East? Yeah that’s all gone with that new field

I am not sure there is a school who has lived more in the past and refused to update with the times more than the Mighty Macs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT