ADVERTISEMENT

Loudest Place to See A Game

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
By far the loudest place I ever saw a game was every time I went to see the Blackhawks play at the old stadium. The United Center does not even come close.

But let's switch this to football.

Where is the loudest place to see a game and what single game was the loudest you ever heard (include high school, college and NFL with your answers)???

High school wise? Hard to pick against the NV vs WV games at NCC saw some amazing games and atmospheres and noise especially with both sides sitting on mainly one side of the field.

I also remember a mid 2000 JCA vs MC game at Gately where I had to park like over a mile from Gately packed and loud!

I totally agree wi5 the old Chicago Stadium for being crazy loud.

Do concerts count? I’ve got plenty

High school wise? Hard to pick against the NV vs WV games at NCC saw some amazing games and atmospheres and noise especially with both sides sitting on mainly one side of the field.

I also remember a mid 2000 JCA vs MC game at Gately where I had to park like over a mile from Gately packed and loud!

I totally agree wi5 the old Chicago Stadium for being crazy loud.

Do concerts count? I’ve got plenty

Yes, great idea let's include concerts!

All.... This one. How Aerosmith ended up in Springfield to start their "comeback" after all those years is still a mystery to me. (lol) Steven Tyler who staggered around on stage later on would say he had the flu. Hahhhaaaaa. Sure.

The PCCC never did offer a refund. You could exchange your ticket for a cassette of their greatest hits found in any bargain bin at that time for five bucks. I did. Ratsy

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/07/15/Bands-reunion-marred-by-fight/8453458712000/

Bolingbrook @ Naperville Central Semi-Finals 2011

Bolingbrook @ Lincoln Way East 2012

Whoever was the PA announcer for LWE from 2005-2010 should be in the hall of fame. One of the best Press box announcers I have ever heard. (Knew how to get the crowd into the game).
Unfortunate for the Brook...

Reactions: WIU78
Sticking with sports and football. Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. Never been to a stadium louder.

West Aurora in 2016 had a great student section. Loud throughout the game.

Loudest sports moments I witnessed live-

Devin Hester Super Bowl kickoff return.

Marian Hossa 2010 game 5 OT winner against the Predators.

Last edited:
Yes, great idea let's include concerts!

June 19, 1977 Pink Floyd at Solder Field

I was 10 yards directly in front of the enormous bank of speakers that can be seen on the left hand side of the stage in the picture below. Follow the link. Couldn't get the image to appear in the post.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...oncert_1_fa55266c451ce40c5cabd0a70684fe07.jpg

Brought a huge watermelon spiked with vodka (among other mind altering substances) to the concert and they let us in with it. Those were the days!

Last edited:
This was fairly easy for me:
HS Football: JCA at RB 2001
HS Basketball: 1990 Supersectional TWood vs. Proviso East
College Football: LSU vs. FLA 2003 in Baton Rouge
College Basketball: #5 Illini vs. #1 Wake Forest in C-U in 2004
Pro Football: Bears 2007 OT win over Seattle
Pro Basketball: Game 6 NBA finals vs. Portland
Pro Baseball: 2003 NLCS game 7 vs. Marlins on Kerry Wood HR
(ALSO THE QUIETEST after the game)
Pro Hockey: 1992 Game 3 Stanley Cup Playoffs vs. Penguins
Concert: 1990 first Rock Concert at the World Music Theater KISS

During the 1987 World Series, the noise level at the Metrodome was clocked at 125 decibels. The Guinness World Record for the loudest crowd at a sports stadium was 142.2 decibels set by Kansas City Chiefs Fans at Arrowhead Stadium in September of 2014.

Throughout the years of the Metrodome, the facility was accused of piping in crowd noise. The Vikings went through this battle for many years without being found guilty of it. The Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission has forever denied ever pumping in crowd noise.

Read More: Did the Minnesota Twins Fake Crowd Noise During 1987 World Series? Al Michaels Thinks So | https://espn991.com/did-the-minneso...ks-so/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

HS Football...Coal City @ Wilmington...the enclosed confines of Becker Field keep the sound in...couple games with the Marching Illini were ridiculously loud as well

HS Basketball...McNamara @ Manteno, Homecoming 1984-85. Capacity 1800 was likely exceeded by halftime of soph game, Bill Goldberg WWE quality spear of Mac's star on a breakaway nearly caused a riot...

College football...Michigan @ Illinois, 1989. Big Ten Title game in front of 73,000+...

College hoops...Georgia Tech @ Illinois, 1989. Welcome to Number 1!

Metallica @ SIU Arena, 1991-92...wow...

Was Bill Braksick throwing them down or was that before his time?
Bill was sparingly used in 83 I think - the best starting 5 in ISU history had to be the 83 team of rick lamb; hank cornley; dwayne tyus; brad duncan; ricky johnson. I remember getting the opportunity to play pickup ball with most of those guys - some fierce competition - when losing team loses the court, things got tense!!

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Bill was sparingly used in 83 I think - the best starting 5 in ISU history had to be the 83 team of rick lamb; hank cornley; dwayne tyus; brad duncan; ricky johnson. I remember getting the opportunity to play pickup ball with most of those guys - some fierce competition - when losing team loses the court, things got tense!!
I came in 85 and missed those guys. Went to a few games at Horton as a freshman but never got to experience the Bradley rivalry. I will say that driving up to the Peoria Civic Center to see Van Halen’s 5150 tour was one of my loudest experiences.

I was in the same dorm as Matt Taphorn and John Harris on the BB team. Ricky Johnson was fun to watch.

Genesis opened one of their tours at the Horton Fieldhouse. A few weeks before Stevie Ray Vaughan played on Saturday Night Live, I saw him play at the Braden Auditorium for $2. I could not believe it! It was the best $2 I ever spent.

Last edited:
Two loudest I’ve experienced would be The Stadium and DePaul’s Alumni Hall.

HS Football: Leonard Bowl 1 at Memorial Stadium 2010, pass on the last play of the game looked like an SHG TD but tipped away.

Concert: Bruce Springsteen and East St Band, 1988 Indy. They played 3 hours with several encores and it got insanely loud.

Baseball: St. Louis 1998. McGwire hits 69 and 70 on last day of season. Hits 70 after being brushed back on previous at bat.

NBA: Bulls w/ Jordan and Pippen crush Portland at home, 1997 or 1998.

College Football: U of I takes 21-0 1st quarter lead over I think #1 Penn State, early 1990’s. Got very quiet when Penn State came back and won the game.

The Cardinals at Twins World Series in the 80s was very loud for the games in Minnesota. Remember Kirby Puckett?

The Carlton Fisk game winning home run just inside the foul pole vs the Big Red Machine in game 6 of the 75 World Series had Boston fans going crazy.

Last edited:
HS Football: Leonard Bowl 1 at Memorial Stadium 2010, pass on the last play of the game looked like an SHG TD but tipped away.

Concert: Bruce Springsteen and East St Band, 1988 Indy. They played 3 hours with several encores and it got insanely loud.

Baseball: St. Louis 1998. McGwire hits 69 and 70 on last day of season. Hits 70 after being brushed back on previous at bat.

NBA: Bulls w/ Jordan and Pippen crush Portland at home, 1997 or 1998.

College Football: U of I takes 21-0 1st quarter lead over I think #1 Penn State, early 1990’s. Got very quiet when Penn State came back and won the game.

Was there as well. What a game. Heartbreaker.

The Cardinals at Twins World Series in the 80s was very loud for the games in Minnesota. Remember Kirby Puckett?

The Carlton Fisk game winning home run just inside the foul pole vs the Big Red Machine in game 6 of the 75 World Series had Boston fans going crazy.

Were you there?

Illinois HS Football - Marist is always pretty loud
NFL - Arrowhead Stadium
NHL - Old Chicago Stadium
MLB - Camden Yards
College Football - Neyland Stadium Tennessee (God I hate that F@#$ing Rocky Top song)
College Basketball - Allen Fieldhouse, Kansas (2012 KU/Mizzou was unbelievable)
NBA - Old Chicago Stadium circa MJ

By far the loudest place I ever saw a game was every time I went to see the Blackhawks play at the old stadium. The United Center does not even come close.

But let's switch this to football.

Where is the loudest place to see a game and what single game was the loudest you ever heard (include high school, college and NFL with your answers)???
Old Chicago Stadium..March 12,1966 Bobby Hull 51st goal and my sister sat thru the entire standing ovation, toilet paper tossing, hat tossing and noise they claimed raised the structure off the foundation. Nothing like it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT