ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for victims...I mean long timers for a weekly Podcast

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
The thought is that a few of you knuckleheads could maybe make decent guests for a semi regular podcast.

No real requirements bedsides being able to take an incoming phone call. Please feel free to suggest any longer time posters who you feel could make good regular guests.

Reactions: Cross Bones
I think we need people that other only love their team, but also the game in general. People who take the time to learn about various teams and players. On the edgy nation I already nominated @epicbret and although I disagree with him about everything except what happens on the field @ramblinman, I also think @Voodoo Tatum 21 and @LWeastDad would be good perspectives to have.

I think we need people that other only love their team, but also the game in general. People who take the time to learn about various teams and players. On the edgy nation I already nominated @epicbret and although I disagree with him about everything except what happens on the field @ramblinman, I also think @Voodoo Tatum 21 and @LWeastDad would be good perspectives to have.
I totally agree. We need contributors that know the HSFootball landscape all throughout IL, a particular geographical region, conference etc. Not just one team.

I totally agree. We need contributors that know the HSFootball landscape all throughout IL, a particular geographical region, conference etc. Not just one team.

I like this take. We all seem to know the areas we are from and know the teams there well. Kind of like an EDGY district

Reactions: Bowie50
Gene K seems to have a solid knowledge and background starting at the 3A/4A level and going up.

Very few people (like Edgy) can discuss Loyola, ESL, Rochester and Lena-Winslow. If you want a 1A perspective, you need someone with NIUC knowledge. 2A, Heart of Illinois...And so on...And people who like reading "Illinois High School Glory Days" on the IHSA website are probably dangerous...

Bones thanks for the shout out but besides the fact I have a son in the coaching profession, I’ve always subscribed to the Groucho Marx quote.”I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member”

LCNewt
Ramblin
Ignazio
Epic
Voodoo
McCaravan
Corey
Bones
Maybe a panel of posters

Bowie
Thanks for the shout out but with me currently living in Ohio puts me out of the loop. I get a lot
of my information from the Internet and you guys here on Edgy. Bones nailed it in his post. Guys who have knowledge of all teams not just their own. I would also add whoever is selected needs to leave the private/public favoritism at the door.

MWittman
Iggy88
Fratboy
Ramblinman
Porters
JCHill
JWar
DOS
Bones
Epic
a couple Montini guys

Good start I think!

So my thoughts on this are.....

1. Not a weekly deal (maybe depends) but more of a once a month or so event.
2. Discussing bigger picture issues as opposed to more locally focused (I have plans on that level as well).

More to follow...

I think you should take posters from different geographical areas, conferences, classes.

Ex.
- CCL(multiple posters)
- north suburbs
- MSL(northwest burbs)
- Dukane

Reactions: McCaravan
You know what might be good pod? Having 2 posters from competing schools prior to game day. For example, MC v. LA could feature MC63, or McCaravan and Ramblin. Now that's good Pod!

You know what might be good pod? Having 2 posters from competing schools prior to game day. For example, MC v. LA could feature MC63, or McCaravan and Ramblin. Now that's good Pod!

I would say yeah, but these people here like to sandbag. Never get on board the straight talk express. If they could be like Doug Collins, leaving no stone unturned, I would agree.

"Game of the Week" or "Top Games of the Week" podcasts could provide some good entertainment

Reactions: MS4EVER and Bowie50
I would say yeah, but these people here like to sandbag. Never get on board the straight talk express. If they could be like Doug Collins, leaving no stone unturned, I would agree.
Everyone that I listed are know for being straight-shooters...I'm confident that Edgy would weed out the bad apples - like me.

Edgy brokers the peace between Jwar and Bones- wins Nobel peace prize. Now that’s a podcast!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT