ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for the best porkchop sandwich in Illinois

IHSAStaff

Gold Member
Jul 7, 2009
I know the best concession foods, and specifically porkchop sandwiches, are a frequent in- and off-season board topic here.

The IHSA and Illinois Pork Producers Association are teaming up this fall to find the best porkchop sandwich at an IHSA event concession stand.

If you have a favorite, please encourage them to register to be in the contest via the link below, and in the meantime post pics/video of the best porkchop sandwiches with the hashtag #PorkAndPigskins

PorkAndPigskins Entry Form:

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Barrington. And I am getting one tonite.
Disagree with all the barrington pork chop hype. Last couple I've had were horribly dry.

Quags I remember way back when the announcer would say "PORK CHOP SANDWICHES.... GET YOUR SUPER ROPES."

I used to coach with a guy who would repeat that all week during Barrington week. Then he'd send a manager to pick him up one during pregame.

Woodstock. They cooked 'em over the fence behind out bench. Our guys had trouble concentrating. Not that much, though.

Still the Gately Dog is the gold standard of prep football chow.

Disagree with all the barrington pork chop hype. Last couple I've had were horribly dry.

Quags I remember way back when the announcer would say "PORK CHOP SANDWICHES.... GET YOUR SUPER ROPES."

I used to coach with a guy who would repeat that all week during Barrington week. Then he'd send a manager to pick him up one during pregame.
Maybe they just don't like you! Lol. I've never had a bad experience

• Haha
Reactions: eagles2k3
Morris at least used to have a great Pork Chop sandwich, but that was 10-15 years ago. I'm not sure if that is still true.

Alright you knuckleheads. You know I was banished from The Glen and paid my extortion tax to leave so I am now in the witness relocation program up here above 4,000 ft elevation in WNC and have been barred from speaking on behalf of the GEMs. Brats that Danny makes are outstanding and my eyes just watered thinking about them. Of course it is 70 degrees up here and Edgy made that Brat line sound like a broiler today.
Glad to see my Hitters kick some high ranked Michigan ass today. That should help all Illinois boats rise in the calpreps computers. Not sure if Grandville scouted the Hitters very well but not being able to see the action, I wouldn’t know.
Cheers Boys!
Getting through the borders into Glen Ellyn when not from Glen Ellyn can be really tricky. That brat is worth the incarceration. Where's @capnbillhitters when we need him??? 😢

Maybe they just don't like you! Lol. I've never had a bad experience
I had one during the sophomore game a couple of years ago and it was TERRIBLE! Cardboard-esque. Maybe my hatred of Barrington is getting in the way of my appreciation for the pork chop. Lol.

Reactions: Bowie50
I had one during the sophomore game a couple of years ago and it was TERRIBLE! Cardboard-esque. Maybe my hatred of Barrington is getting in the way of my appreciation for the pork chop. Lol.
Fool proof your next experience. Bring your own instant read thermometer and have them pick a winner

Alright you knuckleheads. You know I was banished from The Glen and paid my extortion tax to leave so I am now in the witness relocation program up here above 4,000 ft elevation in WNC and have been barred from speaking on behalf of the GEMs. Brats that Danny makes are outstanding and my eyes just watered thinking about them. Of course it is 70 degrees up here and Edgy made that Brat line sound like a broiler today.
Glad to see my Hitters kick some high ranked Michigan ass today. That should help all Illinois boats rise in the calpreps computers. Not sure if Grandville scouted the Hitters very well but not being able to see the action, I wouldn’t know.
Cheers Boys!
All it took was a small piece of GEM bait to get the Captain out! Hope all is well Bill!

Hog Wild 149th and Pulaski is the best I've had.....can't say I ever had one at a HS school game.....or any sporting event!

Reactions: forlouann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT