ADVERTISEMENT

longest conference winning streak

King MJ

Jul 22, 2001
interesting debate last night. Who has longest current conference winning streak in Illinois?

Initially i thought it was easily Maine South (who i dont believe has lost this decade) , but someone else brought up ICCP and ESL as well. Maybe some smaller downstate schools have one, but those conference tend to be very competitive, especially 1A/2A

@MS4EVER when was Maine South's last conference loss? I seem to recall New Trier beating them in 2003 or 2004 but can't remember a loss since.

When Wilmington switched into their small/large split in the early 2000s they had a pretty impressive streak of conference wins. Wanna say it was around ten years. Somebody else from the ICE could probably tell you the exact number.

When Wilmington switched into their small/large split in the early 2000s they had a pretty impressive streak of conference wins. Wanna say it was around ten years. Somebody else from the ICE could probably tell you the exact number.

Lisle snapped it last year at 52...

IC I believe has the longest current playoff win streak.

I think Driscoll hold the longest historical playoff streak at around 35 straight games.

Do you guys think that its the team was so consistently good or the rest of the conference was consistently bad?

I was thinking that for LWE, it would be difficult to run off years of conference wins just because of (right now) HF and the Brook. I'm sure they would say the same. Same for Loyola, MC, BR, Rita and the CCL teams.

Maine South's conference record will go down as one of the most incredible accomplishments in Illinois history for Coach Inserra. It speaks volumes about their consistency, and somewhat diminishes the strength of that conference. How could only 1 team beat them in 19 years? Even pure luck would show up occasionally, right?

Maine South's conference record will go down as one of the most incredible accomplishments in Illinois history for Coach Inserra. It speaks volumes about their consistency, and somewhat diminishes the strength of that conference. How could only 1 team beat them in 19 years? Even pure luck would show up occasionally, right?

More than somewhat diminishes it. Reality is that football isn't a priority in the northern burbs. They would rather play lax in glenview/northbrook, deerfield and Niles has no real youth development.

New Trier will occasionally have a decent team, but that is more a function of having 4000 kids at a school.

More than somewhat diminishes it. Reality is that football isn't a priority in the northern burbs. They would rather play lax in glenview/northbrook, deerfield and Niles has no real youth development.

New Trier will occasionally have a decent team, but that is more a function of having 4000 kids at a school.

I completely agree with you. That's a lot of wins against watered down competition...in-season. Their post-season success is ridiculous.

BAsed on IHSA numbers
Crete-Monee has 28 conference wins in an active streak
Antioch has 27
Immaculate Conception has 26.

I will look for others. I m not saying these are 1-2-3 in the state just that these are pretty darn impressive.

BAsed on IHSA numbers
Crete-Monee has 28 conference wins in an active streak
Antioch has 27
Immaculate Conception has 26.

I will look for others. I m not saying these are 1-2-3 in the state just that these are pretty darn impressive.
East St. Louis is at 24 league wins in a row, a streak that started after a string of forfeit losses several years ago.

East St. Louis has 24 league wins in a row currently. The streak started after a string of forfeit losses several years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT