ADVERTISEMENT

Live Draft Thread: On the Clock

Macks stats are on the decline and entering his 7th year.

Jacobs rushed over 1000 yards and only entering his 2nd year.

The average football player has a 6 year NFL career.

Advantage Josh Jacobs
I will take Mack’s impact for the next 3 years of Jacobs. Stats can be misleading. Chase Young has zero sacks against Clemson so people said he didn’t show up. Then they watched the film and he was all over the place. Mack makes a huge difference whether he is getting to the qb or not. RBs are interchangeable in the current game. That’s why most of them are switching teams or out of the league after 4 years.

Reactions: Gene K.
AJ tonight and hopefully Jeff tomorrow. And maybe another SW Conference alum.

The 618 represents!
I don't think Jeff Thomas is going to be drafted. He's currently ranked 29th on the best WR that are still available according to ESPN....you never know though....

Reactions: PowerI66
I don't think Jeff Thomas is going to be drafted. He's currently ranked 29th on the best WR that are still available according to ESPN....you never know though....
He comes off to me as a Cowboys fit. I don't know him personally, but based on everything I've read on the board and playing history it seems like whoever gets him should get him a mentor and handler. Like a Dez Bryant out of college

ESPN currently has him rated as the 202nd best available player left in the draft. He had a tough run at the combine (4.6) and no pro day to show his skills at definitely hurt. Hopefully he gets in somewhere and sticks.

Michigan's OL Jon Runyan is still available. Bears need to get this guy. He's a perfect fit. Do whatever you have to do to get him.

Trade up to get him if you need to.

Kmet seems to be a very good pick for the Bears, as well as the DB later. Never seen him play football. As an aside, I was at a baseball game between Montini and St. Viator, during Kmet's senior year. Kmet hit a homer that I think is still in orbit and pitched in relief. Very nice kid who was extremely well like by his teammates.

He comes off to me as a Cowboys fit. I don't know him personally, but based on everything I've read on the board and playing history it seems like whoever gets him should get him a mentor and handler. Like a Dez Bryant out of college

Teams don’t waste picks on late round guys that need a mentor if you going to be a problem you need have so much talent that teams look past it like.

Where are those Bears fans who are Trubisky supporters and state he is good but just needs a offensive line?

The Bears did not pick an offensive lineman until the 6th round. I don't hear you Trubisky supporters yelling at Pace yet??

Where are those Bears fans who are Trubisky supporters and state he is good but just needs a offensive line?

The Bears did not pick an offensive lineman until the 6th round. I don't hear you Trubisky supporters yelling at Pace yet??
Actually, they didn't take an O-linemen until the 7th Round. How about giving up more future draft capital (a 4th next year for a fifth this year)? How have his previous trades to move up fared? Leonard Floyd, Trubisky, David Montgomery? Can't say I'm overly impressed with that history. I'll state the obvious. Pace should not be extended the benefit of the doubt.

The SWC has two signed as free agents ... one from ESL not named Jeff.

Kicker Tucker McCann (O'Fallon) has signed with the Tennessee Titans. Offensive guard Tre'Vour Wallace-Sims (East St. Louis) signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We're still waiting to see where former Miami wide receiver Jeff Thomas (East St. Louis) ends up.

Iowa defensive end A.J. Epenesa (Edwardsville) was taken in the second round of the draft by the Buffalo Bills.

Reactions: Formicidae13
Actually, they didn't take an O-linemen until the 7th Round. How about giving up more future draft capital (a 4th next year for a fifth this year)? How have his previous trades to move up fared? Leonard Floyd, Trubisky, David Montgomery? Can't say I'm overly impressed with that history. I'll state the obvious. Pace should not be extended the benefit of the doubt.

Pace does not care about next year's picks because he knows he won't be around.

Would surely like to play poker vs Pace.

Some of these have already been posted, but here is a list of all of the people drafted or signed from my part of southern Illinois.
Jeff Thomas(East St.Louis):New England Patriots
Tre’Vour Wallace-Sims(East St.Louis/Mizzou): Jacksonville Jaguars
Tucker McCann(O’Fallon/Mizzou):Tennessee Titans
A.J. Epenesa(Edwardsville): Buffalo Bills
Nick Kaltmayer(Edwardsville): Miami Dolphins
Jeremy Chinn(Southern Illinois University): Carolina Panthers
Matt Cole(Curie/Mckendree University):Miami Dolphins

Reactions: crusader_of_90
That's where he ended up - I hope BB makes him live in his basement.

Crusader- What is your take on some of the behavior/attitude “issues” that have plagued him? I only know what I have seen or heard from media as well as his actions in the documentary 89 Blocks. I guess I’m wondering from someone who may be closer to the ESL program, do you think he can stick in New England and out all that stuff behind him?

Reactions: Chicago773
Crusader- What is your take on some of the behavior/attitude “issues” that have plagued him? I only know what I have seen or heard from media as well as his actions in the documentary 89 Blocks. I guess I’m wondering from someone who may be closer to the ESL program, do you think he can stick in New England and out all that stuff behind him?
I have ZERO insight on this young man - or any player. I do not know them as people.

Reactions: caravan8
Why do I think the Bears are going to pick up Andy Dalton to be their QB in 2021??

For the record I am not a Dalton fan. That's why I think the Bears will pick him up.

Do you think Foles will beat out Trubisky this season and why?

No I think Trubisky is more talented than Foles and this will push Trubisky to be better.

The key for Trubisky to do well is good play from his o line and talented tight ends. Let's hope the additions the o line will make the o line better. I think they waited to long in the draft to pick o linemen. I wanted Jon Runyan from Michigan. Bears passed on him and now I will probably have to watch him play 10 years for the Packers.

Trubiskys strengths are running the football and passing to the tight ends. His weakness is red zone play and throwing accurately on deep sideline throws. Still dont see a #1 WR on the Bears who can be a big threat to score touchdowns after making the catch. This would help their red zone issues. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
On a different QB note, I'll bet Aaron Rodgers does not finish his career as a Packer. I think he goes somewhere else, a la Brett Favre and Tom Brady.

Reactions: Wassup13
On a different QB note, I'll bet Aaron Rodgers does not finish his career as a Packer. I think he goes somewhere else, a la Brett Favre and Tom Brady.

Rodgers will end up with the Patriots.

I really liked the Ravens picking up JK Dobbins. I dont think Lamar Jackson will have to run as much.

This is essentially an opportunity of a life time. Hopefully that sets the bar pretty high mentally for him. Jeff will have all the right tools to overcome any adversity. It’s a fresh start. Sink or swim.

Some will either say I told you so or some will appreciate the growth. I’m betting we will see a change with “There goes 4”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT