ADVERTISEMENT

Live Draft Thread: On the Clock

On Jan.16, 2020 someone on the board wanted to know how I felt about current college QBs and how they would do in the NFL.

My response...

1. I know its a shock but I don't think any of them will be above average QBs in the NFL.

Burrow and Lawrence have a shot but the rest no chance.

Herbert is overrated, Tua injury prone? Hurts not at QB, Fromm doubt it but have not seen much of him.

The big draft for us to get a great one was in 2017.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
On Jan.16, 2020 someone on the board wanted to know how I felt about current college QBs and how they would do in the NFL.

My response...

1. I know its a shock but I don't think any of them will be above average QBs in the NFL.

Herbert is overrated, Tua injury prone? Hurts not at QB, Fromm doubt it but have not seen much of him.

The Bears took Trubisky again. LOL!

Reactions: Wassup13
Bears need a TE and a linemen who has the versatility to play OT and OG.
They also need 2 WRs and another RB. But should definitely draft what you suggest. I don't think I ever saw you post this. But, in doing some 20/20 hindsight, the Bears took Adam Shaheen 101 picks before SF took George Kittle.

Reactions: Wassup13
Well we know now the 2 players the Bears gave to the Raiders for Mack..

RB Josh Jacobs - a great player

CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

Both 1st round picks.

When are.the Bears making their first pick again this year, Sunday??

They either pick the worst player when they have a 1st round pick or never seem to have a 1st round pick. Talk about a pathetic organization.

Last edited:
Surprised about AJ...hopefully the Bears can land Kmet today, would be a good hometown story...they’ll screw it up though

Surprised about AJ...hopefully the Bears can land Kmet today, would be a good hometown story...they’ll screw it up though
Can you clarify? By saying they'll screw it up, do you mean by not picking him? Or do you mean they'll screw if up after they pick him? LOL!

My response...

It’s your opinion and I disagree.

Lawrence not in the draft.
Burrow will be good.
Tua will be good In Miami especially if they give him a year to heal and learn.
I agree with you on the others.

Wassup 13

Lawrence not in this years draft.
Burrow will be good.

Well we know now the 2 players the Bears gave to the Raiders for Mack..

RB Josh Jacobs - a great player

CB Damon Arnette, Ohio State

Both 1st round picks.

When are.the Bears making their first pick again this year, Sunday??

They either pick the worst player when they have a 1st round pick or never seem to have a 1st round pick. Talk about a pathetic organization.
I would take Mack over those two players. He is a superstar. Running backs are interchangeable and the corner they took seemed like a reach. Even if he is great, edge rusher is a higher value than corner.

Wassup 13

Burrow will be good.

With Tua I believe once injury prone always injury prone.

Burrow looked awesome in college but did not see him make many NFL throws. Plus he is with the Bengals. I would love him on the Saints with their system. Not sure if Burrow will be good on the Bengals.

I would take Mack over those two players. He is a superstar. Running backs are interchangeable and the corner they took seemed like a reach. Even if he is great, edge rusher is a higher value than corner.

Macks stats are on the decline and entering his 7th year.

Jacobs rushed over 1000 yards and only entering his 2nd year.

The average football player has a 6 year NFL career.

Advantage Josh Jacobs

Wassup 13

Burrow will be good.
Corey, I am inclined to agree with Wassup on Tua. Good college QB but I don't see it transitioning to the NFL. And not just because of injuries.

Burrow looked awesome in college but did not see him make many NFL throws. Plus he is with the Bengals. I would love him on the Saints with their system. Not sure if Burrow will be good on the Bengals.
To compare organizations, when Peyton Manning went to Indianapolis they were awful. In his first two years there they lost more games than all the teams he played on in HS and College. When they built a team around him he flourished.

I am not saying Burrow is Peyton Manning. But I get your point on the Bengals. We have to see what they do around him. No QB is any good without help.

Corey, I am inclined to agree with Wassup on Tua. Good college QB but I don't see it transitioning to the NFL. And not just because of injuries.

LTH,

And I am going to disagree with you here.

If Tua had no injuries in college then I take him #1 overall. The QBs now in the NFL will try to have the skill set of Lamar Jackson.

Macks stats are on the decline and entering his 7th year.

Jacobs rushed over 1000 yards and only entering his 2nd year.

The average football player has a 6 year NFL career.

Advantage Josh Jacobs
However, the career of the average running back is 3.3 years.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
IMO, I think the two good gets for the Bears in the 2nd round would be Kmet and Cushenberry

However, the career of the average running back is 3.3 years.

Looks like.the career of NFL player has really declined since the last time I looked.

Point being Mack is on the downside of his career and Jacobs is still on the upside.

Drew Brees had injuries. Will see how it works out. I think he will be good.

Looks like.the career of NFL player has really declined since the last time I looked.

Point being Mack is on the downside of his career and Jacobs is still on the upside.
I understood your point, however, I don't feel Mack is your average NFL player and DE's seem to have lengthier careers than other positions. Jacobs is a solid pro, but there are more guys like him in the league (and entering the league every year) than Mack.

Missing Walter,

Like your last point. Remember we gave up a second guy for Mack. We will see what happens with this corner. The corner was drafted to shut down Mahome's WRs.

I think it is premature to declare Mack on the decline. He's a year removed from a monster year.

Another thing about the Raiders is the Bears gave them Nick Kwiatkowski who was my favorite Bear.

Nick was the most improved Bear last year. You can see these Bears just keep pissing me off.

Sure they are and with all those injuries, they were still a top 10 defense with teams keying on Mack and game planning against him. Eddie Jackson's numbers dropped too? Is he on the decline?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT