ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 All Time Football Players to Play at Driscoll Catholic?

Tim Racki
John Mika
Mike Burzawa
Mike Kameiski
Jason Aspito
Jeff Aspito
Mike Kinders
Patrick Arlis
Victor Arlis
Matt Butler
David Schwabe
Greg Turner
Kyle Jenkins
John Tranchatilla

My top 5;

1. Greg Turner - Sun Times Player of the Year (NIU). One of the best I ever saw. Whenever a play needed to be made on offense or defense, he made it. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s like he saw the game in slow motion.

2. Jason Aspito - 4 year starter in baseball and football, absolute horse RB. ‘96
Team lost on the semi-finals to Spring Valley Hall on a missed 2pt Conversion. Baseball draft 2x. Once out of HS. Played baseball for Augie Garido at Texas.

3. David Schwabe - QB, DB, Mr Everything. Just a phenomenal player.

4. Mike Kinders - I’m sure there’s film of his somewhere on the internet: great LB, but an absolutely punishing running back.

5. John Mika - the best player on a ‘91 champion that had 2 1000 + yard rushers (Buzz, Kamenski), played both sides of the ball. Also started on a ‘92 baseball state champ and a ‘92 hoops team that lost to St Martin de Porres in the super.

I feel incredibly bad leaving some others off this list.

Tim Racki
John Mika
Mike Burzawa
Mike Kameiski
Jason Aspito
Jeff Aspito
Mike Kinders
Patrick Arlis
Victor Arlis
Matt Butler
David Schwabe
Greg Turner
Kyle Jenkins
John Tranchatilla

My top 5;

1. Greg Turner - Sun Times Player of the Year (NIU). One of the best I ever saw. Whenever a play needed to be made on offense or defense, he made it. I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s like he saw the game in slow motion.

2. Jason Aspito - 4 year starter in baseball and football, absolute horse RB. ‘96
Team lost on the semi-finals to Spring Valley Hall on a missed 2pt Conversion. Baseball draft 2x. Once out of HS. Played baseball for Augie Garido at Texas.

4. Mike Kinders - I’m sure there’s film of his somewhere on the internet: great LB, but an absolutely punishing running back.

5. John Mika - the best player on a ‘91 champion that had 2 1000 + yard rushers (Buzz, Kamenski), played both sides of the ball. Also started on a ‘92 baseball state champ and a ‘92 hoops team that lost to St Martin de Porres in the super.

Adding Bob Bucaro from Driscoll's 1983 semi-finalist, stud WR and DB. Went on to play football and baseball at Northwestern.

Tim Racki
John Mika
Mike Burzawa
Mike Kameiski
Jason Aspito
Jeff Aspito
Mike Kinders
Patrick Arlis
Victor Arlis
Matt Butler
David Schwabe
Greg Turner
Kyle Jenkins
John Tranchatilla

My top 5;

Kenders was a runaway truck.

Why Aspito over Schwsbe? I did not see Aspito much.

---

In all my years watching hs football I never seen a player like him ever.

I got to say my top 5 here are

Greg Turner
David Schwabe
John Tranchatella
Kyle Jenkns
Burzawa or Kaminski

One of the most underrated RBs has to be Nick Gebhart.

One of the toughest kids pound for pound to ever play in the Suburban Catholic Confernce was Billy Morris.

Last edited:

Greg Turner
David Schwabe
John Tranchatella
Kyle Jenkns
Burzawa or Kaminski

One of the toughest kids pound for pound to ever play in the Suburban Catholic Confernce was Billy Morris.
Or his brother Anthony who went on to play at Western Michigan.

When I was a junior high kid, Jason Aspito was the best I ever saw. Maybe my opinion would change as an adult, but he was a stud. I swear he got the ball every single play.

Reactions: Wassup13
Yes like I said I only saw Aspito for two games but I know HC Karp always would talk about him.

Greg Turner
David Schwabe
John Tranchatella
Kyle Jenkns
Burzawa or Kaminski

Kenders was a runaway truck.

Why Aspito over Schwsbe? I did not see Aspito much.

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT