ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln-Way enrollment

WIU78

Dec 27, 2006
The old thread that evolved around LW Central etc. that also included enrollment figures have now been released to the public for 2019-2020. The shifting in District 210 has begun westward. Ref2 here is your confirmation that I shared a few months ago. Football numbers will moderately change but I doubt enough to make a difference in class. LW East 2801. LW West 2001. LW Central 1996.

The only place you can build is around West. About 10 more years they'll probably need North again.

Originally the area was growing so fast Manhattan was to be home of Lincoln Way South

The old thread that evolved around LW Central etc. that also included enrollment figures have now been released to the public for 2019-2020. The shifting in District 210 has begun westward. Ref2 here is your confirmation that I shared a few months ago. Football numbers will moderately change but I doubt enough to make a difference in class. LW East 2801. LW West 2001. LW Central 1996.
Both West and Central have a mandatory cross-over again next season with East and their 800 greater enrollment. The two also share a 2nd required cross-over with HF and their 2740.50 (NOT a typo) students. Tough to face a schedule with 2 opponents having 40% greater enrollment who average more than 9 wins a season already cooked in.

Both West and Central have a mandatory cross-over again next season with East and their 800 greater enrollment. The two also share a 2nd required cross-over with HF and their 2740.50 (NOT a typo) students. Tough to face a schedule with 2 opponents having 40% greater enrollment who average more than 9 wins a season already cooked in.

So is the student that is .50 really short?

Lincoln-Way 210 has no need for another high school ( North ). Currently there is a feasibility study going forward from Summit Hill SD161 to rationalize the purchase from 210. That would shrink the district enrollment to a two school district. The third airport, if EVER built, would be the only reason in the next ten years any new school would be needed. Airport discussions have been going on since 1980. Those factors could level the playing field for whatever football programs survive from Lincoln-Way.

Last edited:
December 11 summit hill 161 unit district meeting , should have results of feasibility study. Can't wait to hear that...could soon be talking about summit hill Phoenix 5a football (sarcasm)

Reactions: WIU78
December 11 summit hill 161 unit district meeting , should have results of feasibility study. Can't wait to hear that...could soon be talking about summit hill Phoenix 5a football (sarcasm)
We will have to see what home COOKing will take place at the meeting. Go Griffins!

Reactions: sporthog9er
Lincoln-Way 210 has no need for another high school ( North ). Currently there is a feasibility study going forward from Summit Hill SD161 to rationalize the purchase from 210. That would shrink the district enrollment to a two school district. The third airport, if EVER built, would be the only reason in the next ten years any new school would be needed. Airport discussions have been going on since 1980. Those factors could level the playing field for whatever football programs survive from Lincoln-Way.

Feasibility study is a waste if money. No chance the rest of the district would let the north crazies leave.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Feasibility study is a waste if money. No chance the rest of the district would let the north crazies leave.
You are really obnoxious. There has been enough ugliness and division in our district. No need to contribute.

You are really obnoxious. There has been enough ugliness and division in our district. No need to contribute.

Doesn't change the fact it will never happen. They can not leave even if they have the money. Which was never brought up on the facebook page without getting deleted quickly and the person banned. The North people need to get over it and move on.

Doesn't change the fact it will never happen. They can not leave even if they have the money. Which was never brought up on the facebook page without getting deleted quickly and the person banned. The North people need to get over it and move on.
I'm not talking about the school reopening. I'm talking about the name calling. 1750 kids went to that school. How many parents are at those 161 meetings? A fraction of a fraction. Don't lump people together and call them all crazy. THAT is why you are obnoxious. Sounds like it is time you got over it, for the resounding majority, we are good.

Lamjaytee I don’t think malice was meant for the Phoenix family from MC140 at all. The study has yet to be completed , but the odds are slim any buy out of LW210 would / could happen. Go Griffins , from wherever your family roots originated. Live for today.

Reactions: mc140 and Iamjaytee
Lamjaytee I don’t think malice was meant for the Phoenix family from MC140 at all. The study has yet to be completed , but the odds are slim any buy out of LW210 would / could happen. Go Griffins , from wherever your family roots originated. Live for today.
I try to! We love East, and hate seeing this still being dragged up. Definitely hate being called crazy because we live east of LaGrange. People need to let it go. I have a '17 boy with a ring and a girl on varsity cheer, but also a girl who graduated from North. Best of both and I really don't like people re-hashing old news.

Reactions: WIU78
Glad you like it Jaytee. I'll say this, and it's not directed at you personally because like you said you aren't one of the crazy ones:

If there are many others like you that don't want to rehash things or have this continually dragged out, everyone needs to speak up and take action. Because if people don't, it's allowing exactly what is happening now: a small group led by one individual in particular to seemingly make decisions for a school district (and spend taxpayer money) to keep the North dream alive. Because not enough people are vocalizing dissent against it. So presumably the 161 admin believes the community wants it enough to investigate and make a reality.

If the majority wants to move on, the majority needs to step up and show that to the powers that be. Because even if this study comes down bad, you know that group is not going to stop- they'll move on to phase 2.

My family has written a few emails and one spoke at the summer board meeting, but there has to be more.

Go LW, Go East

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Glad you like it Jaytee. I'll say this, and it's not directed at you personally because like you said you aren't one of the crazy ones:

If there are many others like you that don't want to rehash things or have this continually dragged out, everyone needs to speak up and take action. Because if people don't, it's allowing exactly what is happening now: a small group led by one individual in particular to seemingly make decisions for a school district (and spend taxpayer money) to keep the North dream alive. Because not enough people are vocalizing dissent against it. So presumably the 161 admin believes the community wants it enough to investigate and make a reality.

If the majority wants to move on, the majority needs to step up and show that to the powers that be. Because even if this study comes down bad, you know that group is not going to stop- they'll move on to phase 2.

My family has written a few emails and one spoke at the summer board meeting, but there has to be more.

Go LW, Go East
The majority doesn't show up. That's the sign. Now I will say, it was stupid to close an 8 year old school in favor of a 60 year old school in need of CONSTANT work. I actually am familiar with all the costs, so no need to debate that here. But what's done is done. I detached from all the hateful boards (on both sides of Lagrange) so I admit, out of site out of mind, but I thought we were all passed this. After being called VILE ANIMALS, and here today, crazies....I thought we were passed all that. Sad. Will say this though, if you thought outside your box, and lived over here, you also wouldn't want a beautiful building going to waste. But it all worked out right? East got AJ and Sean, and Peyton, and lots more. Lets just move on without the naming calling and let our district heal.

And sorry, but Yes... "north crazies" is directly launched at North Phoenix. Where is MC140 now?

The majority doesn't show up. That's the sign. Now I will say, it was stupid to close an 8 year old school in favor of a 60 year old school in need of CONSTANT work. I actually am familiar with all the costs, so no need to debate that here. But what's done is done. I detached from all the hateful boards (on both sides of Lagrange) so I admit, out of site out of mind, but I thought we were all passed this. After being called VILE ANIMALS, and here today, crazies....I thought we were passed all that. Sad. Will say this though, if you thought outside your box, and lived over here, you also wouldn't want a beautiful building going to waste. But it all worked out right? East got AJ and Sean, and Peyton, and lots more. Lets just move on without the naming calling and let our district heal.

I did live there, was in Brookside townhomes during North's tenure and when it closed. I get it. Statements about what school should have closed due to cost also don't help because we know that had nothing to do with the decision nor should it have. Of course a 60 year old building costs more than a new one...but we also know that for a financially strapped district, it makes the most financial sense to mothball the newest building as it saves more money that way (and that the costs of the 60 yr old building would still be maintained even if closed) - then adding in the capacity issue if making the final 3 schools work with enrollment. Which we are now seeing starting to even out. I didn't want the school less than a mile from my house to close, but it was also the best decision for a district covering 100 miles.

I also don't think indicating "we got AJ, Sean, etc" like it was some plan all scheduled to work out. I am happy the football team was able to gel and be a beacon of positivity for the community though.

Regarding the vile animals:. That board member dug his own grave with that statement. However I agree with his point of view using that name for those sending death threats, harassing family in public, and going after his job over his board duties. Of course not everyone from the north community should be labeled that, but in my opinion it's appropriate for those that went that route. And he did actually say that in the interview, he was referring to those people only and not everyone.

And sorry, but Yes... "north crazies" is directly launched at North Phoenix. Where is MC140 now?

North crazies are the ones who think thy are gonna break off some day. So if you do, you are a crazy.

North crazies are the ones who think thy are gonna break off some day. So if you do, you are a crazy.
Most pe
Apparently you cannot read, and that is sad. I have been quite clear where I stand, and you still want to call names. So MY name is Jennifer Roney. And if you would like to talk about this in person like adults, I will be at Marist tomorrow, supporting my team.

I did live there, was in Brookside townhomes during North's tenure and when it closed. I get it. Statements about what school should have closed due to cost also don't help because we know that had nothing to do with the decision nor should it have. Of course a 60 year old building costs more than a new one...but we also know that for a financially strapped district, it makes the most financial sense to mothball the newest building as it saves more money that way (and that the costs of the 60 yr old building would still be maintained even if closed) - then adding in the capacity issue if making the final 3 schools work with enrollment. Which we are now seeing starting to even out. I didn't want the school less than a mile from my house to close, but it was also the best decision for a district covering 100 miles.

I also don't think indicating "we got AJ, Sean, etc" like it was some plan all scheduled to work out. I am happy the football team was able to gel and be a beacon of positivity for the community though.

Regarding the vile animals:. That board member dug his own grave with that statement. However I agree with his point of view using that name for those sending death threats, harassing family in public, and going after his job over his board duties. Of course not everyone from the north community should be labeled that, but in my opinion it's appropriate for those that went that route. And he did actually say that in the interview, he was referring to those people only and not everyone.
Never said it was a plan, but why can't we all be happy about the hand fate dealt us??? There are FAR more people trying to live without the DIVISION than there are people trying to manufacture it. Because what I know, is that LWE is awesome, and we like to win. Who doesn't?

Last edited:
Reactions: sporthog9er
Yes it was. This is sad. I come on this board to read about high school football. I don’t read about this garbage about North and East on purpose, but it’s even here now? Another board to walk away from I guess.

Last edited:
Yes it was. This is sad. I come on this board to read about high school football. I don’t read about this garbage about North and East on purpose, but it’s even here now? Another board to walk away from I guess.

Iamjaytee don’t walk away because a few people can’t grow up and act like adults. You can use your ignore button.
Go East beat Marist!

Reactions: Gene K.
The biggest problem with the way they handled the North closing was when the school board made the decision to set boundaries by Jr. High district. They started that stupid stuff when they opened north, then west. That decision sealed Norths fate. Because the it came down to this . What do we do with the kids from Manhattan ?
I live in the district, but my kids graduated from Lincoln Way High school before the first split, so I have no care either way.
The people out here will always have the Its us against the New Lenox fight in them

Ok folks...back to the today. Let’s go Griffins! We need to bond together to move forward for the students and athletes of today’s Lincoln-Way District 210.

Reactions: anon_4vszfu35bv677
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT