ADVERTISEMENT

New: 10 Thoughts from LW East 31 Batavia 16

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
1. LW East is full steam ahead Lincoln Way East came out on fire in this 31-16 win over Batavia, getting off to a 31-0 lead at the half. The offense just was clicking led by senior QB Braden Tischer while the East offensive and defensive lines just was pretty dominant upfront. When East plays like they did on Friday night at home in that GREAT atmosphere in Frankfort....let's just say it can get away from an opposing team pretty quickly

2. Batavia had issues upfront on both sides of the football No question the Bulldogs just had issues upfront on both sides of the football in this loss to LW East. The overall size difference especially when it was the Batavia O line versus the LWE D line was pretty clear. Batavia just struggled for the entire first half in trying to establish the run and when the Bulldogs can't run....they become much easier to defend.

3. LW East has another 5-foot-11, 170 pounds quarterback who is just pretty damn good Year in and year out, it just seems like East has a machine that just generates out 5-foot-10. 160 pound quarterbacks year in and year out. Junior Braden Tischer won the starting job and was just on fire in this win. Like the other great QB's at East.....Tischer can and will run, showed really impressive wheels and also can make all the throws if and when needed.

4. LW East sophomore Caden O'Rourke will become a Power 5 name just like his older brother Devin O'Rourke (Northwestern) Caden O'Rourke is only a sophomore starting on the Griffins defensive line and has all the physical tools (6-foot-5, 210 pounds) to continue to develop, get bigger and stronger and then look out. O'Rourke, who had a 50 yard interception return for a touchdown (who had a maybe 5 yard lead on the pack and still outran then all in pursuit) played like a seasoned veteran in this win....needless to say his ceiling is way high.

5. LW East WR/DB Jayden Cook is sneaky good Ok so not sure if sneaky is the proper term...but Cook I believe was the only two way starter here for East and he impressed on both sides of the football. Cook had a couple of really impressive deep touchdown catches while also just being a very steady corner on defense as well in this win. My guess is that college coaches would want to see some early season video to re-evaluate him late this month....and overallI can see him as a potential FCS/D2 caliber player.

6. Batavia will see better days ahead in 2022 Things will no doubt improve after this loss for Batavia and if I've learned anything about this program, it's that they will work even harder to get better. The best thing that happened for Batavia on Friday night was halftime....it slowed down East who was on a serious momentum roll, then allowed the Batavia staff to rework some things, find a way to get into the end zone twice in the second half and then also slow down the East offense.

7. Batavia standout LB Tyler Jansey is also playing running back Again the Bulldogs had all hands on deck here and playing Jansey makes a ton of sense for the Bulldogs. While the Bulldogs have a pretty solid core of skills....I'm still not sure of they have that one or two go to playmakers at least in this game it wasn't evident. Jansey is an all around impressive player and athlete who seem to add a spark to the offense in the second half. Junior QB Ryan Boe is certain a lkey to the offense and a playmaker. Yet Boe was under heavy duress all night long and just never really had time to set up and make throws under constant pressure, but he will also see better days here as well.

8. LW East started fast but ended slow-
Again I'm still not sure if the change of momentum loss for LW East in the second half after taking a 31-0 lead was self imposed (the crowd was electric for the half and pretty pedestrian the second half) or if Batavia had a lot to do with it....or a little of both?

9. LW East is now the winningest IHSA football program of all time Per Kev Varney IHSA historian...

10. Parking/traffic in and around LW East remains a cluster I obviously already knew this going in and it's been an issue the moment East opened the doors. Yet the traffic up and down LaGrange Road seems to just never end....that and the fact that the parking lots for East are spread over the place and not anywhere close to the football field makes getting in and out rough. Sure.....I have my secret spot to park (like I have at several other schools FYI) but for many others it's a tough deal for big games at East.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News