ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s go White Sox!!

What an outstanding production by FOX. Everything was done so well. Of course, the backdrop for the game was beautiful. The more I see landscape like that, the more I conclude my final retirement location is going to be something like that. My wifey would move to something similar to that tomorrow if I said, "let's go." That day will come.

The shots were great. I really like John Smoltz too. I know there are those who don't like Joe Buck. But I like him and thought he did a very good job too. This will not be the one and only game there. It will happen again. Too good to not do again. The weather was perfect too. All good things came together last night. You know there have to be a lot of players who are envious these teams got to play that game.

The fans got what they wanted. A great baseball game that came down to the last at bat and was won with a walk off HR. What could be better? Of course, a Sox victory didn't hurt either. Let's see if they can carry that into tomorrow and Sunday.

The only drawback was seeing too much of Kevin Costner. LOL! But seriously, he did a good introduction to the game. And when he was interviewed during the game he was pretty humble about his role in the movie, saying he was "simply handed a role." A lot of well deserved credit for the movie was given to James Earl Jones too. I liked the whole thing. The singing of the National Anthem was done very well too. Now, that's the kind of rendition of the Anthem I'm talking about.

I was also entertained by the Liam Hendriks in-game interview. How could anyone not be entertained by that guy? He was hilarious at the All Star game too. Of course the interview last night came before he was tattooed in the 9th. No matter. It ended well and is in my DVR for the time being. That was the first MLB game where I actually watched the whole thing, this year. Couldn't turn it off.

I think since Eloy rejoined the team I have a much higher interest watching the Sox.
Yeah, he does bring some energy and production, doesn't he? Don't forget about Luis Robert. Not as "flamboyant" as Jimenez, but he's gonna be a good one. I am very concerned about Rodon though. I pray that shoulder issue he has isn't serious.

Reactions: Wassup13
Yeah, he does bring some energy and production, doesn't he? Don't forget about Luis Robert. Not as "flamboyant" as Jimenez, but he's gonna be a good one. I am very concerned about Rodon though. I pray that shoulder issue he has isn't serious.
Rodon was chucking last weekend against the Cubs. Was he too amped up and paid for it? I hope he recovers soon.

Rodon was chucking last weekend against the Cubs. Was he too amped up and paid for it? I hope he recovers soon.
I really didn't see where he was over throwing. But I am not his PC. His velocity was down before that outing which was why he missed his scheduled start and was allowed to rest some more. It would really hurt if they lose him for the post season.

Things I loved:

White Sox victory
Tim Anderson mic'd up
Eloy with his old school jersey unbuttoned to his navel
Kopec firing 100mph fastballs one after the other and telling the ump what he can do with his shoddy strike zone
Seby Zavala going deep

I wasn't expecting much, but that whole production was awesome. I was screaming at the TV (bad - when Hendricks screws up a good thing - I was pretty sure I was going to bed angry) and screaming running around the house (good - when TA hits the walk off) like I haven't while watching a baseball game since 2005.

Kopec firing 100mph fastballs one after the other and telling the ump what he can do with his shoddy strike zone
That inning and a half might’ve been the most pumped I have seen Kopech in a long time. He was amped up and it was fun to watch.

The game was great (setting, backdrop, broadcast, and the actual game), it might’ve been the most interesting regular season game I’ve seen in a decade.

Speaking of the Sox ... Frank says that his son, whom he calls "Little Hurt," is extremely talented in both baseball and football ("just like me") and will be outstanding in high school. Frank, his ego, and his family live "in a northern suburb." Anyone know which high school the little guy might be attending?

Frank used to live in Oakbrook. My buddy would at times see him working out somewhere in Finley Square Mall and he would buy everyone lunch all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT