ADVERTISEMENT

Lena-Winslow 20 wins in row

olderbytheminute

Apr 6, 2019
Friday's season opener was 68-0 win for L-W. 1 win this year, 14 last year. 5 playoff wins in 2021. Last loss was in 2021 regular-season finale.
L-W has Decatur St. Teresa (2022 CLass 2A champ) on its schedule, but the Bulldogs appear to be losing to a team from I think Indiana tonight and in. all honesty, I know nothing about St. Teresa so I can't say if they will give L-W trouble this fall.

Reactions: penlight
They ain’t losing anytime soon. The Dunker family is unreal and the freshman might be the best one.

I just wish they’d play up in class. They are the best dynasty in the state 3A and under

Gannon Dunker Squat
Love me some small school and LW, but slow down with best dynasty in 3A and below. IC Catholic would like a word. In my area, would love to see a LW/Wilmington game.

Love me some small school and LW, but slow down with best dynasty in 3A and below. IC Catholic would like a word. In my area, would love to see a LW/Wilmington game.
Lena has won 2 more titles since 2010. Not saying LW would beat IC (would LOVE to see that game) but has won more.

LW>IC

Lena has won 2 more titles since 2010. Not saying LW would beat IC (would LOVE to see that game) but has won more.

LW>IC
no debating that but you're comparing 1A to 3A in terms of titles. That's the equivalent to comparing 6A to 8A titles. LW is great and I enjoy watching them but would love to see them step out of their comfort zone in non conference.

no debating that but you're comparing 1A to 3A in terms of titles. That's the equivalent to comparing 6A to 8A titles. LW is great and I enjoy watching them but would love to see them step out of their comfort zone in non conference.
They do.

Last three non-conferences games have been Ignatius, Marian Catholic, Decatur St Theresa.

They need to play higher come playoffs.

Reactions: Silver Rain
then they'll never get the respect they deserve. Saying that as an outsider LW fan. Love watching them on the Friday after Thanksgiving as I sit on the couch inhaling leftovers as I'm hungover. Like with the upper classes if you want the respect you gotta move up.
Agreed. Really well run program but feel like the kids are being shorted. Take your program to the next level and test it against programs bigger than yours.

Reactions: 4Afan
Agreed. Really well run program but feel like the kids are being shorted. Take your program to the next level and test it against programs bigger than yours.
agree. No guarantee they would win but they could be very competitive in 2A.

agree. No guarantee they would win but they could be very competitive in 2A.
I don’t think 2A is as big a step up for LW. I think they’d win the title much more years than not in 2A. 3A would be the big jump imo. IC doesn’t belong in 3A either. LW vs Princeton would be a very interesting matchup non-conf imo.

Reactions: colin2229
LW would be in the favorites discussion in 2A with slightly more than a punchers chance in 3A. Not counting IC because in my opinion they should be 4A at least (if we are moving LW up and putting teams where they belong- and yes I realize IC is now 4A already).
I think the upper tier teams of 3A would provide the physical matchup up front with enough else going on in the skill positions to take out LW, or at least make them really struggle.

1A hasn’t been bad, LW and their conference are just that good.
Agree. Meant to say “Been so bad to follow”. Not fun when everyone knows who the state champion is before the season starts and the only question is will they running clock everyone or not.

Coach Arand has done a TREMENDOUS job at LW. Their whole athletic program is doing a great job.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
They ain’t losing anytime soon. The Dunker family is unreal and the freshman might be the best one.

I just wish they’d play up in class. They are the best dynasty in the state 3A and under

Gannon Dunker Squat
Actually, I want them to stay 1A and win, win, win, year after year. If the IHSA and the other sorry **%#s in 1A don't have a problem with it, then let it be. After all, it's not like they're a religious school or something!!

Has success factor for publics ever been brought to the IHSA for a vote?

Has success factor for publics ever been brought to the IHSA for a vote?
Not sure. In terms of Class 4A at least, I imagine that the government schools who continually lose to Rochester in the postseason year after year are too embarrassed by their failure to compete with the Rockets to propose the Success Factor for "publics". As I indicated in my post regarding LW, if their Class1A (and I'll add, Rochester's Class 4A) competitors and the IHSA are ok with the current situation, then so be it. Just for appearances sake if nothing else: public schools griping about private schools' ADVANTAGES and UNFAIRNESS would sound a lot more convincing if they could at least be competitive with the big public school dogs in their respective postseason Classes.

Even though we're just two weeks in, it's hard not to see a Le-Win-Althoff showdown the day after Thanksgiving. Feel bad for my hometown of Morrison, which upset Class 3A's No. 1 Princeton last night. I think the Mustangs will be 1A if they get in the postseason. Better off in 2A than contending with those two monsters.

Tomorrow may be LW strongest test to the winning streak as they must go to 3A Du-Pec for a conference showdown against a 3A co-op that is also 5-0 and state ranked in 3A. Should be a dandy!

Dupec is last team to beat them. Always seems to play them tough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT