ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Zurich

Agree he seems like a good coach and has had good results, but I wonder about the level of competition in the prairie division. I remember when LZ played Lakes in 2011, LZ beat them 40-0 and Lakes did not look like anything close to a large division team like Stevenson, LZ, Libertyville, lake forest, etc. One thing I learned about LZ going back to 2006 was LZ's defense was the key to their success and Profitt was responsible for that. When Stortz went 19-4 in the playoffs, I cannot tell you how many of those games were nail biter type close games that LZ never would have won without a dominant defense. Case in point was the 2011 LZ-Glenbard west game. LZ won with their punter and defense-that's it. I wonder if the new head coach could get Profitt to help with the defense. That would be a great combination.

Agree he seems like a good coach and has had good results, but I wonder about the level of competition in the prairie division. I remember when LZ played Lakes in 2011, LZ beat them 40-0 and Lakes did not look like anything close to a large division team like Stevenson, LZ, Libertyville, lake forest, etc. One thing I learned about LZ going back to 2006 was LZ's defense was the key to their success and Profitt was responsible for that. When Stortz went 19-4 in the playoffs, I cannot tell you how many of those games were nail biter type close games that LZ never would have won without a dominant defense. Case in point was the 2011 LZ-Glenbard west game. LZ won with their punter and defense-that's it. I wonder if the new head coach could get Profitt to help with the defense. That would be a great combination.

Why would you think bringing back the guy who just got fired and is most likely named in a lawsuit to run the defense would be a good idea. LZ appears wisely to be cutting all ties to the past.

He did not get fired, he stepped down. They are not "cutting all ties to the past" as many of the LZ assistants will remain. Profitt never wanted to be a head coach at LZ anyway. It is a shame he is the fall guy in all of this.

He did not get fired, he stepped down. They are not "cutting all ties to the past" as many of the LZ assistants will remain. Profitt never wanted to be a head coach at LZ anyway. It is a shame he is the fall guy in all of this.

Which assistants will remain? I know that many of them don't wish to be a part of coaching there any more after the way they were treated last fall.

You may get a couple but I would be hard pressed to see more than a handful of on the sidelines.

Which assistants will remain? I know that many of them don't wish to be a part of coaching there any more after the way they were treated last fall.

You may get a couple but I would be hard pressed to see more than a handful of on the sidelines.

Apparently quite a few assistants will be back, including on the defensive side, according to Edgy, who is predicting good things from juniors and seniors that each went 9-0 as sophomores. And the best linebacker in the Midwest (Sanborn) roaming the middle. I hope Profitt left the defensive playbook behind though . . . Watch out for LZ this year.

Edgy says 9-0 for LZ or 8-1 with a shot at a deep run. I agree.

Nice violation of Edgy's rules putting out his paid info on his free board!

Apparently quite a few assistants will be back, including on the defensive side, according to Edgy, who is predicting good things from juniors and seniors that each went 9-0 as sophomores. And the best linebacker in the Midwest (Sanborn) roaming the middle. I hope Profitt left the defensive playbook behind though . . . Watch out for LZ this year.

Nice violation of Edgy's rules putting out his paid info on his free board!
Oops. I thought that was out there. And did not know about poilicy.

I re-released it for free a few minutes ago. You have been warned. One more violation and bye bye and that also includes and and all free board access.
Actually, you know what, treating your paying customers this way is really quite remarkable for an honest mistake. You can take me off now and cancel my paid subscription.

Actually, you know what, treating your paying customers this way is really quite remarkable for an honest mistake. You can take me off now and cancel my paid subscription.

Yeah admittedly this was a pretty harsh response for which I apologize to Michael. I also sent Michael an offline message as well. AS many of you know people ripping off my content has been a very sensitive issue here for years and I get a bit touchy about it.

Sorry

Reactions: Gene K. and MR. "T"
Yeah admittedly this was a pretty harsh response for which I apologize to Michael. I also sent Michael an offline message as well. AS many of you know people ripping off my content has been a very sensitive issue here for years and I get a bit touchy about it.

Sorry
Understood and accepted. Thx.

Reactions: EdgyTim

Sorry
Understood and accepted. Thx.
A resolution to a conflict marked with civility including an apology and subsequent acceptance. So rare in this day and age. I salute you two gentlemen.

A resolution to a conflict marked with civility including an apology and subsequent acceptance. So rare in this day and age. I salute you two gentlemen.
Very true. A resolution without actual or cyber body slamming is quite rare these days.

Reactions: EdgyTim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT