ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Zurich

The best bet would be to bring someone in from the outside since you don't want to hire an internal candidate and have another allegation surface but I highly doubt anyone would want the job at this point.

What happens if they can't find a coach from the outside? Temp head coach from the list of internal candidates?

I know most people would not want to walk into that situation, but they will find a new head coach. I'm sure there are dozens of people, maybe only a few qualified though, who would love to take over that program and fix things. Personally, I would find it easier to come into Lake Zurich now than before because the school's microscope may not be so focused on winning.

Problem there is they probably need to replace the entire staff, not just the head coach

Not that anyone in LZ would listen to reason, but they need to clean house like Penn State -- everyone from the Superintendent all the way down.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Not that anyone in LZ would listen to reason, but they need to clean house like Penn State -- everyone from the Superintendent all the way down.
I agree with you but I wouldn't count on it. Lots of folks in CYA mode over there.

Reactions: ignazio
the good DR. could not be more correct... and by lots of folks, he means the whole town. Arguably a false equivalent; but Like Penn State, this is an attractive program to a lot of coaches. More than you think will apply for the job. Some might shock you.
In terms of story lines, this is by far the most fascinating- especially since I truly believe that LZ can and will contend for the 7A state title. Wouldn't that be something...

Reactions: ignazio
the good DR. could not be more correct... and by lots of folks, he means the whole town. Arguably a false equivalent; but Like Penn State, this is an attractive program to a lot of coaches. More than you think will apply for the job. Some might shock you.
In terms of story lines, this is by far the most fascinating- especially since I truly believe that LZ can and will contend for the 7A state title. Wouldn't that be something...
I think you are right. I think there will be plenty of applicants for that job.

Honestly, I think it's an easier situation to step into than one may think. The focus, aside from crazy parents, will most likely not be on winning. Just be organized and have a clear disciplinary code. Finding enough assisstants and installing a system will be the difficult part, especially with an extremely short offseason.

Reactions: Relist8

Principal has "retired" and was replaced by an out of district hire per the Daily Herald, with the AD already resigning they really are cleaning house.

Yes but when will the next shoe drop? LZ having a really difficult go of it as of late

There is a school board meeting scheduled for Thursday 3/23. The agenda is posted, but there is not a specific mention of a head football hire. They do however, list a new athletic director.

Next full board meeting not until 4/27.

There is a school board meeting scheduled for Thursday 3/23. The agenda is posted, but there is not a specific mention of a head football hire. They do however, list a new athletic director.

Next full board meeting not until 4/27.

Whose the new AD?

Completely different thing, and if you don't think this kind of stuff goes on at every school you are completely out of touch with what's going on in 2017.This was kids being kids, looks like the admin at the school did what they are paid to do.
24% of high school students "sext". It is happening at every high school nationally. This is completely unrelated to the LZ witch hunt most of you like talking about.

Hmm a witch hunt? Hmm
Witch Hunt referring to those who really have absolutely no clue about the details of the event that took place and yet have talked about shutting down the program. Newt......you know Coach Proffitt, Coach Stortz, Coach Dimattio, and Coach Kulinski. Newt...you know the A.D. Mr. Vasquez. You know all of the assistant football coaches there. You've covered that school........those people. Tell me that some of the bs spewed on these threads are not witch hunt material. LZ does not have anymore dbag kids doing stupid crap than any other high school. This lawyer claims that LZ has had "culture" of hazing for decades. Give me a break. He's a money hungry clown. Everyone in that building, everyone who knows that athletic department. Everyone that has been involved in their football program (and whatever other sports he claimed were hazing) knows it's all sensualized. This case will never see the inside of a courtroom and that's sad, because the truth would be revealed.

You're 100% right I do know those guys. I know the character of Rolly and Dave and many of he coaches that were there. I believe that several of those coaches didn't know of some of these events that occurred.

But I also have enough sources in and out of the building there that have confirmed names of the participants and much of what happened. Do I believe this has gone on there for 20 years, no. But this also didn't just blow up (poor choice of words) overnight.

Some real bad stuff happened there by some real sick minded kids. Unfortunately that puts a blanket over the entire community and program.

The school has admitted as such that bad stuff has happened.

So with all that being said this isn't a witch hunt. You're talking physical abuse of kids - criminal, sexual, hazing, bullying - there's many more words but I can't post them here.

Like I've posted before - this is a program I have admired for a very long time. But I'm also going to hold a program accountable for lack of institutional control which happened here.

I'll always consider Dave and Chad and Rolly friends of mine. But I have serious disdain for those at Lake Zurich - parents, coaches kids or otherwise, that knew what happened and chose to not stand up. Takes a strong kid to play football. Takes an even stronger one to stand up for those that aren't capable to stand up for themselves.

Reactions: Gene K. and Relist8
You're 100% right I do know those guys. I know the character of Rolly and Dave and many of he coaches that were there. I believe that several of those coaches didn't know of some of these events that occurred.

But I also have enough sources in and out of the building there that have confirmed names of the participants and much of what happened. Do I believe this has gone on there for 20 years, no. But this also didn't just blow up (poor choice of words) overnight.

Some real bad stuff happened there by some real sick minded kids. Unfortunately that puts a blanket over the entire community and program.

So with all that being said this isn't a witch hunt. You're talking physical abuse of kids - criminal, sexual, hazing, bullying - there's many more words but I can't post them here.

Like I've posted before - this is a program I have admired for a very long time. But I'm also going to hold a program accountable for lack of institutional control which happened here.

I'll always consider Dave and Chad and Rolly friends of mine. But I have serious disdain for those at Lake Zurich - parents, coaches kids or otherwise, that knew what happened and chose to not stand up. Takes a strong kid to play football. Takes an even stronger one to stand up for those that aren't capable to stand up for themselves.

Agree with you 100%

Reactions: i011763
Clearly you don't...
Well..........99%. The term of "lack of institutional control" really annoys me. I think when that term is used that it implies that those in control, knew about something and didn't do anything. It does fit when talking about Penn St., but not in this case, and there's people on these old threads trying to compare these 2 instances, as if they are even remotely similiar. Whether if its at the high school and college level. We all know that coaches have the athletes for only a couple hours a day. What they do after practice, on weekends...etc. is really unknown by coaches and SOMETIMES these high school and college coaches and administrators have to fall on the sword. It sucks....but if you coach long enough at the high school and college level.......it will eventually get you. These freshmen at LZ took it too far and a lot of good people have fallen on the sword.

24% of high school students "sext". It is happening at every high school nationally. This is completely unrelated to the LZ witch hunt most of you like talking about.

Yes...just all innocent and persecuted for nothing.

Takes a strong kid to play football. Takes an even stronger one to stand up for those that aren't capable to stand up for themselves.[/QUOTE]

Great teammates there at Lake Zurich. It is the "Lord of the Flies" mentality at Lake Zurich.

ADVERTISEMENT