ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Zurich

In this case yes, unrelated to the other LZ garbage, things every school deals with, but this was a news story because it was LZ.

So if the football players were involved in this too would that change anything?

Go ahead and keep justifying this behavior. Continue to be part of the problem.

So if the football players were involved in this too would that change anything?

Go ahead and keep justifying this behavior. Continue to be part of the problem.

If it was the same kids involved, that changes things. And nowhere did I justify the behaviour.

But in today's media, this is what we get, they like to pounce. Why the need to report unrelated student discipline issues?

If it was the same kids involved, that changes things. And nowhere did I justify the behaviour.

But in today's media, this is what we get, they like to pounce. Why the need to report unrelated student discipline issues?

Ok Trump let me know as a media member what I can and can't report on.

I gathered info before this was first reported that this was a case where football players were involved. So yes there is a symmetry here.

I've reported factual information in this case. If that hurts your sensibilities too bad.

Clearly you're interested because you keep reading and posting.

Ok Trump let me know as a media member what I can and can't report on.

I gathered info before this was first reported that this was a case where football players were involved. So yes there is a symmetry here.

I've reported factual information in this case. If that hurts your sensibilities too bad.

Clearly you're interested because you keep reading and posting.

By problem is the reporting of the sexting incident, not th hazing incident.

What's next? Every time there is a fight or a kid is caught cheating at LZ is ends up in the paper or on Edgys?

By problem is the reporting of the sexting incident, not th hazing incident.

What's next? Every time there is a fight or a kid is caught cheating at LZ is ends up in the paper or on Edgys?

Well if it's criminal in nature such as this why not? Or should we just let it be because kids will be kids

And just a coincidence that even though this happens at all schools, Lake Zurich is the one singled out?

I agree it happens at all schools but he case at LZ is more severe then run of the mill sending pics to a bf or gf. There was an online document passed around by students that contained over 700 pictures on it, students were emailing the document to each other on the schools email. Also it is possible there will be criminal charges in this case.

And just a coincidence that even though this happens at all schools, Lake Zurich is the one singled out?

And you have factual evidence of it happening at other schools and that it hasn't been reported?

Now make sure it involves athletes at a school with a history of past criminal behavior by its football players.

I await your list

And you have factual evidence of it happening at other schools and that it hasn't been reported?

Now make sure it involves athletes at a school with a history of past criminal behavior by its football players.

I await your list

yes, I know for a fact it's happened at other schools. It's kids being kids, let the schools handle the discipline.

If the hazing incident didn't happen, the sexting thing wouldn't have been news, it's the media piling on.

yes, I know for a fact it's happened at other schools. It's kids being kids, let the schools handle the discipline.

If the hazing incident didn't happen, the sexting thing wouldn't have been news, it's the media piling on.

It would still be news - regardless of the other hazing/criminal activity. Other cases of sexting at several other schools have been reported on by several area papers and journalists. In Naperville and another in the northwest burbs.

Reactions: Gene K.

Yep our fault. Just like the criminal sexual assault at Lake Zurich. Thanks for covering this up. Why don't you go hang out with officer Stutzman

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I googled "sexting Naperville" and I see no incident

Did you google the one in the northwest burbs? I think it was Barrington HS - but cant remember exactly. The Naperville one was not called "sexting" it was going on in the middle schools and the paper did an article about the "dangers of Electronic mediums" and interviewed the Napervile Cyber Crimes detective and he referenced "some issues" that recently happened in D204 middle schools. it was about 3-4 years ago? Given the age of the participants 12-14 - they did not go into specifics like they do in the High School cases

Dude - your google search should have shown you that your statement is completely inaccurate.

Batavia, Wheaton, Rockford - there are tons of articles about incidents that happened at schools other than LZ. So no - LZ is not getting signaled out or "punished" due to previous criminal behavior.

You just trolling today?

and by the way the Naperville one - did not list specifics - article was from 2015. But the other articles do go into some specifics

A Quote below from the Naperville Sun article from 2015
"Juan Leon, school resource officer at Scullen and Crone middle schools, said he did not have a single sexting case this year, compared to the four cases he worked on the year before."

and by the way - Johnsburg is better than Hersher. I know this is you HHS!! Welcome back.

I don't think most schools have kids making a google doc of pictures.

I agree it happens at all schools but he case at LZ is more severe then run of the mill sending pics to a bf or gf. There was an online document passed around by students that contained over 700 pictures on it, students were emailing the document to each other on the schools email. Also it is possible there will be criminal charges in this case.

Just like Clown posted here, this isn't kids being kids. Shame on us in the media for reporting on all this and keeping the story alive.

There are MAJOR issue going on in Lake Zurich. And it is not just the kids.

Reactions: Gene K.
Did you google the one in the northwest burbs? I think it was Barrington HS - but cant remember exactly. The Naperville one was not called "sexting" it was going on in the middle schools and the paper did an article about the "dangers of Electronic mediums" and interviewed the Napervile Cyber Crimes detective and he referenced "some issues" that recently happened in D204 middle schools. it was about 3-4 years ago? Given the age of the participants 12-14 - they did not go into specifics like they do in the High School cases

Like someone else said, 24% of HS students are sexting and you guys want to single out one school, that btw handled the incident in a proper manner. Why isn't the media covering that part of the story?

Like someone else said, 24% of HS students are sexting and you guys want to single out one school, that btw handled the incident in a proper manner. Why isn't the media covering that part of the story?

Do you live is a hole in the ground? If you have been paying attention you would have noticed stories like this is the news all the time when it is an egregious case like this, not a Lake Zurich which hunt.

I'm pretty sure you are just trolling for responses at this point.

Do you live is a hole in the ground? If you have been paying attention you would have noticed stories like this is the news all the time when it is an egregious case like this, not a Lake Zurich which hunt.

I'm pretty sure you are just trolling for responses at this point.

If you back in this thread to the initial mention of the sexting, the comment was " and so it continues". Yet you claim it's not being mentioned because of the hazing mess? Someone's head is certainly in a hole.

If you back in this thread to the initial mention of the sexting, the comment was " and so it continues". Yet you claim it's not being mentioned because of the hazing mess? Someone's head is certainly in a hole.

And someone is clearly OK with this kind of culture. As long as it keeps coming up I'll keep reporting it.

Sorry this hurts your delicate sense of right and wrong. Keep justifying this is ok - maybe you and officer Stutzman can share a coffee and yuck it up.

And someone is clearly OK with this kind of culture. As long as it keeps coming up I'll keep reporting it.

Sorry this hurts your delicate sense of right and wrong. Keep justifying this is ok - maybe you and officer Stutzman can share a coffee and yuck it up.

Culture? You mean high schools having kids that do dumb things? What happened at LZ with the sexting , that kind of thing is going on in every high school in the state. If you want to attack that culture and society in general, have at it. But trying to connect the two events is foolish

Culture? You mean high schools having kids that do dumb things? What happened at LZ with the sexting , that kind of thing is going on in every high school in the state. If you want to attack that culture and society in general, have at it. But trying to connect the two events is foolish

So you don't think that athletes that were a part of the football program taking naked pictures, putting them in a google doc and sending it to the high school doesn't signify a culture problem? This while the school is in the middle of what will be a multi-million dollar lawsuit?

Ring....ring....I have officer Stutzman on line 3 for you. He's the president of the head in the sand club and a former football asssitant and soon to be a former officer. You two would get along great

So you don't think that athletes that were a part of the football program taking naked pictures, putting them in a google doc and sending it to the high school doesn't signify a culture problem? This while the school is in the middle of what will be a multi-million dollar lawsuit?

Ring....ring....I have officer Stutzman on line 3 for you. He's the president of the head in the sand club and a former football asssitant and soon to be a former officer. You two would get along great
Is officer Stutzman the school resource officer? If he knew or found out the incident which lead to the law suit and did nothing he should be fired.

Because a few kids do dumb things does not make it a cultural problem

Is officer Stutzman the school resource officer? If he knew or found out the incident which lead to the law suit and did nothing he should be fired.

No he is an assistant coach or was an assistant until this all came down. He's been accused of harassing the kids who came forward with the lawsuit. He is also a police officer in a neighboring community.

Teachers, coaches and police officers are bound by law (mandatory reporters) when they become aware of unlawful activity or even suspected unlawful activity. From my experience in law enforcement I have found that there is a reluctance on the part of school officials to involve the police when incidents do occur. There is no question that they are trying to protect the image of the school within the community. That's all fine and good but not where criminal acts are alleged to have occurred. In one instance I am aware of the police had to threaten the school superintendent who took it upon herself to investigate a possible criminal incident (not sports related) before calling the police. The police were only notified when the mother called them. Charges were placed and conviction obtained but the interference (well intentioned or not) of the school official could have sabotaged the investigation.

Here is a quote I happen to agree with.

"You know what makes me sick to me stomach? When I hear grown people say that kids have changed. Kids haven't changed. Kids don't know anything about anything. We've changed as adults. We demand less of kids. We expect less of kids. We make their lives easier instead of preparing them for what life is truly about. We're the ones that have changed."

-Frank Martin S.C Head Basketball Coach

That is true for far too many adults...not all adults, thankfully...but too many. The "everyone gets a trophy" culture has really hurt these kids.

It's actually worse than Barrington HS. It was one of the middle schools.

Hearing that the second round of interviews are taking place and some interesting names were NOT given second interviews.

Next full school board meeting is formally scheduled for April 27th and they don't meet again until May 25th.

Wish LZ would get the band back together, Stortz as HC and profitt running the defense. LZ has a lot of good seniors and juniors coming up this year to go far in the playoffs with the right coaching. According to the complaint this hazing was going on regularly while Stortz was the HC from 2006-2011. I don't buy it (however, admittedly, what I heard about what happened this year was disturbing although I believe Profitt did not know about it).

Wish LZ would get the band back together, Stortz as HC and profitt running the defense. LZ has a lot of good seniors and juniors coming up this year to go far in the playoffs with the right coaching. According to the complaint this hazing was going on regularly while Stortz was the HC from 2006-2011. I don't buy it (however, admittedly, what I heard about what happened this year was disturbing although I believe Profitt did not know about it).

Stortz was already named the new head coach at Conant.

Luke Mertens formerly of Lakes HS is the new Lake Zurich head football coach.

It is on the Lake Zurich school board agenda for Thursday. Mertens is also being hired as an English teacher.

His being named head coach is listed on the stipends page to be approved with a bunch of other stipends.

Hopefully it is the start of some stability within that program!

Luke is a great guy and a very good coach. He did a tremendous job at Lakes. Taking a start up program and turning into a winner isn't easy especially in an area that hasn't been known for a ton of football successes.

It's a good fit if the LZ Football boosters and football parents stay out of his way.

ADVERTISEMENT