ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Forest pre game suggestions

gags33

Gold Member
Sep 12, 2018
Group of us leaving early to beat the traffic coming from the sticks and stacks... No kids. Best place to pre game?

The campus isn't too far from a new shopping center - just to the west about 3-4 miles. On the NE side you have a bunch of places - Lazy Dog, Kuma's Corner (Awesome burgers and heavy metal). Real good Mexican place across the way. All within about 10-15 minutes from the stadium.

Reactions: gags33
The campus isn't too far from a new shopping center - just to the west about 3-4 miles. On the NE side you have a bunch of places - Lazy Dog, Kuma's Corner (Awesome burgers and heavy metal). Real good Mexican place across the way. All within about 10-15 minutes from the stadium.
The new area is called Melody Farms. Corner of Rt 60 and Milwaukee Ave.

Great call on Silo.... better than Pequods in my opinion.
My family and I discover pequod's on the Discovery channel top 100 pizza places. We've been there a handful of times since and it is by far the best pizza I've had. So if you say it's better than pequod's I'm going to have to try it but I'm at the mercy of a group.

Reactions: NickThilmany
The last time I was in the Lantern, Mike Hartenstine was tending bar
#73, I always thought he had an intimidating presence. Then again I was very young when he played. Just remember the stache and the long hair....I stand corrected, he's still intimidating.....

Reactions: gags33
Silo it is. Thanks for all the suggestions
Gags, tell the boys great season and Max a great career. Tough when it ends so abruptly, I know the feeling from last Saturday. Let’s get together next year for some pregame, we won’t have the freshmen game in our way. Best of luck to them and your family.

Appreciate it. Same to you. It really didn't hit me that it was over till the next morning. It was a really eerily quiet Saturday morning. I got 2 more boys and 3 more years of high school football to look forward to though.. Hopefully one or more of those years we can finally get out of round 2.

Appreciate it. Same to you. It really didn't I’m hit me that it was over till the next morning. It was a really eerily quiet Saturday morning. I got 2 more boys and 3 more years of high school football to look forward to though.. Hopefully one or more of those years we can finally get out of round 2.

Hey Gags! Where is Max going to school? Is he going to play somewhere?

Sorry for late response...phone's been out of commission and trying to live off grid for a while.....thanks for asking . He will be playing at Upper Iowa University. Iowa's only D2 School playing out of the NSIC conference. How about Zach??

Congratulations, good for him. Zach just reported to Eastern on Saturday. We will see for how long.

Reactions: Gene K.
Great for Zach...Kaneland grad, Brandon Bishop is one of the coaches there. He was coaching at Elmhurst College...i mean Elmhurst University. Hows Morris varsity looking this year?

Pequods is good . But man that Silo pizza was good also. Rover comment was hilarious and I'm sure it was jokingly said.

Reactions: Bowie50
Pequods is good . But man that Silo pizza was good also. Rover comment was hilarious and I'm sure it was jokingly said.

gags: I live in the area and am unfamiliar with Pequods. What's so hot about it, and where is it? Thanks.

2207 Clyborn. Just north of Webster. Great deep dish. Caramelized cheese crust. Its a heavier pie than. Silos . I saw it some food show a few years back and was ranked #2. They're both awesome. And different.

Cool. Interesting...Thx for sharing. Whod've thought a HS football forum would be taking about pizza this much.

pardon me for not googling but what kind of zas do pequods & silo serve? i'm familiar with gino's(my favorite), giordano's, malnati's (second favorite) and nancy's.

don't judge me.

i'm from central il and am not a frequent traveller to chicago and the burbs.

Deep dish, pan....I'm sure they have thin but thats not what made them famous

Reactions: net-se
pardon me for not googling but what kind of zas do pequods & silo serve? i'm familiar with gino's(my favorite), giordano's, malnati's (second favorite) and nancy's.

don't judge me.

i'm from central il and am not a frequent traveller to chicago and the burbs.
An abundance of cheese. Their crust is just something a cut above, but the traditional you’d expect. It flakes apart, almost in layers - it’s right there with the best, if not the top.

One shop - a bar but everyone comes for pizza. Not even a small chain. It is this joint or nothing.

It is the tops that I have had.

Reactions: net-se
Please, no offense, anyone, but I'm a Chicago native and pizza purist. I was always under the impression that deep dish was something for tourists (like Wrigley Field and pepperoni). To me, deep dish tastes like cardboard.

Anyone who puts pineapple on a pizza should be forced to (insert a terrible punishment).

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT