ADVERTISEMENT

Joliet Central opening

Not sure if he's officially on the football coaching staff, but he's definitely a SPED teacher there now.

What type of coach can JC get now? Lost two coaches in a matter of 3-4 months because they can't find them a position in school. What's left?

The more I think about this I think the kid should've taken the job and just worked outside the building until the freeze was over. I'm sure he will get another head coaching chance somewhere sometime but when.

The more I think about this I think the kid should've taken the job and just worked outside the building until the freeze was over. I'm sure he will get another head coaching chance somewhere sometime but when.
I couldn't disagree more.
In fact I believe in the long run, this is much better for his career in education.

Reactions: mullin17 and USD24

I am still trying to figure out how you accept the job without knowing you can not get hired as a teacher. If he was told he would have a teaching job then the rug was pulled out two weeks later, then it is a massive red flag and you do not want to work there anyways.

I am still trying to figure out how you accept the job without knowing you can not get hired as a teacher. If he was told he would have a teaching job then the rug was pulled out two weeks later, then it is a massive red flag and you do not want to work there anyways.
All I will say is this, district board minutes are available on the district website.

Powerl66
Yup!

My understanding is that he was planning on continuing his job as a teacher at JCA while coaching at Central in the hopes that a teaching job at Central would open up in the future. When the opportunity arose to get a job at another public school with a coaching position, he took it.

My understanding is that he was planning on continuing his job as a teacher at JCA while coaching at Central in the hopes that a teaching job at Central would open up in the future. When the opportunity arose to get a job at another public school with a coaching position, he took it.

JCA was gonna allow that? You can get away with that in the public school system if your tenured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT