ADVERTISEMENT

JCA Fans--What say you?

Figured on this response from you PJJP. That said he and McMillen have been coaching together for a decade and with several of the other coaches on the SF staff for 5 or more years. One thing I'm sure of is that he would have told coach Ivlow from day 1 that if Bob went towards a head position at the HS level he would join him where he went. As Godfthr pointed out no bridges burnt in LGP.
Does the Patriot pipeline follow to SF?

PJJP,

I can't say for certain because I'm out of the area, but why would it surprise anyone that there would be a comfort level with a coach or coaches you played for in the past? At the end of the day each kid and parent will make the decision that is right for them as Normdog points out in his last post in this thread.

Does the Patriot pipeline follow to SF?

PJJP,

I can't say for certain because I'm out of the area, but why would it surprise anyone that there would be a comfort level with a coach or coaches you played for in the past? At the end of the day each kid and parent will make the decision that is right for them as Normdog points out in his last post in this thread.
Agreed. Sounds like some new bus routes to Wheaton will need to be set up.

TPF,

Here are the kids. I went through the list before posting technically there were 22 after but 2 left for other schools

August 2011
Carpinelli
Simmons
Chamberlain
Andino

DiFusco
Beauduy transferred in
Sampleton tested/enrolled before DD added
Dunn tested/enrolled before DD added
Brooks transferred in
Weems tested/enrolled before DD added
Weller tested/enrolled before DD added, transferred out
Kelly Martin tested/enrolled before DD added, transferred out
Dean transferred in
J Oglesby
A. Reifsteck transferred in
A. Weller transferred out
A. Parades
W lones Plainfield Prowler
D Oglesby
Puckett
D. Smith
Leach
D brillakis Not a Naperville kid at all
B reifsteck LOL, wanna go there?
M virrelli giving credit for a kid years after he was gone?

I have talked to many of those families and they didn't go to Naz because of DD. Again this isn't me trying to talk negatively about him, I don't have anything bad to say about the guy. Just like things being factually correct. You're arguing with me about why kids went to Naz and you're not willing to say yourself what you're arguing with me about.

TPF, just curious, I am guessing you had children that you either sent to college or will send to college. what factors did you choose to send them to the school they went to? It was probably unique to the kid, but, it was a variety, some more important than others, some less but a variety. Eventually you found the right college for your kid. Your important factors are probably way different than mine and different even amongst your children if you have more than one. Maybe if you had a couple of kids, after the first year one of them decided they wanted a change, it happens.

Why should it be any different for these kids at the HS level? Especially when they are paying. What difference does it make to you? Personally I think its insane to drive 45-60 minutes every day each way to HS, while driving by other schools that I consider to be as good or better, but, that was my decision for my kid to go to a closer school. No skin off my back if someone else wants to drive that far, they chose the schools that they perceived was best for their kid, not what I thought was a best or "right" for my kid.

We are pretty good rivals with Naz, but, seriously why do I care that their kids choose to drive that far? Its a good education and they play sports, big, deal. Its their decision, their money, their kid.

No idea what you're trying to say?

TPF,

I said those are the kids from the youth program that went to Naz and drew no line between them going and Him. You claimed that several kids from the program went to Naz prior which is not true. Again we made our decision because of all the coaches aside from the academics and the coach that we got to know weekly from Naz in Coach F. That's as simple as I can put it.

I have talked to many of those families and they didn't go to Naz because of DD. Again this isn't me trying to talk negatively about him, I don't have anything bad to say about the guy. Just like things being factually correct. You're arguing with me about why kids went to Naz and you're not willing to say yourself what you're arguing with me about.

TPF,

I said those are the kids from the youth program that went to Naz and drew no line between them going and Him. You claimed that several kids from the program went to Naz prior which is not true. Again we made our decision because of all the coaches aside from the academics and the coach that we got to know weekly from Naz in Coach F. That's as simple as I can put it.
I've met you, not sure if you know that. I attended many Naz games while you were there especially before the lights, although I learned to avoid your crew during those games, admittedly you weren't the problem person in that group.

I'm not discrediting DD, he gets way too much undeserved criticism on here but I also think he gets way too much undeserved credit for Naz's success on this board. I'm simply stating he isn't the reason those kids went to Naz, maybe helped a little bit but I've talked to almost all of them about this, including you! We actually talked about why my kids picked Fenwick etc. There's no dislike on my end for DD, complete opposite actually. I just prefer the facts as I know all of my Naz friends do too and most won't speak up on here.

4 kids in one class is a good amount, that started it and the kids in your oldest son's class were already enrolled before DD was added to staff. Just like any coach some families love and hate DD, that's just society now with entitled families, a lot of the families that didn't like DD ended up at Naz and I can assure you it wasn't because he was there.

DD will be successful wherever he goes and he may end up getting lots of kids to follow but at those other schools like at Naz there will a lot of hardwork by other people and a lot of other reasons those people chose that school independent from simply having a familiar assistant coach on staff.

Btw I know what coach you are referencing and he works hard but at the end of the day he's not responsible for bringing kids to Naz either.

I'll give it a rest now, gotta imagine everyone is thoroughly annoyed with me.

Last edited:
I've met you, not sure if you know that. I attended many Naz games while you were there especially before the lights, although I learned to avoid your crew during those games, admittedly you weren't the problem person in that group.

I'm not discrediting DD, he gets way too much undeserved criticism on here but I also think he gets way too much undeserved credit for Naz's success on this board. I'm simply stating he isn't the reason those kids went to Naz, maybe helped a little bit but I've talked to almost all of them about this, including you! We actually talked about why my kids picked Fenwick etc. There's no dislike on my end for DD, complete opposite actually. I just prefer the facts as I know all of my Naz friends do too and most won't speak up on here.

4 kids in one class is a good amount, that started it and the kids in your oldest son's class were already enrolled before DD was added to staff. Just like any coach some families love and hate DD, that's just society now with entitled families, a lot of the families that didn't like DD ended up at Naz and I can assure you it wasn't because he was there.

DD will be successful wherever he goes and he may end up getting lots of kids to follow but at those other schools like at Naz there will a lot of hardwork by other people and a lot of other reasons those people chose that school independent from simply having a familiar assistant coach on staff.

Btw I know what coach you are referencing and he works hard but at the end of the day he's not responsible for bringing kids to Naz either.

I'll give it a rest now, gotta imagine everyone is thoroughly annoyed with me.
Can you stay in Oak Park, and Jwar stay in PA. You're just annoyed that Fenwick is over 30 miles away.

Can you stay in Oak Park, and Jwar stay in PA. You're just annoyed that Fenwick is over 30 miles away.
It isn't. Fenwick is actually starting to steal a lot of kids from that area. Basketball is killing it out there.

Actually a lot of these kids we beat out Naz for :cool:

Yes - public schools are drawing away from the privates, but the way to combat that issue is to offer the potential incoming students and their parents something they can't get elsewhere. Start with the facilities ( see link below ), move on to the rigor of the academics, spiritual and emotional well being, community support, the alumni network and finally the athletics. Ultimately, the money spent during those four years is an investment in your child, not an expense to the private school. I believe that is the fundamental key that public school parents have a hard time grasping. Once the child is enrolled, we sacrifice on the type of car we drive, clothes we wear, vacations we may not take and a whole host of other things for that child, all with a smile on our face when they land that great first job.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...la-campus-hearing-tl-0914-20170912-story.html

Reactions: Gene K.
Hold on. Jwar was instrumental in making Naz into the collossus that it is today. Who is watching 30 youth football games in a given weekend in his stead? Who is promoting all things Naz to the youth football parents? Where's the appreciation for all his past efforts? How quickly they forget, Jwar. How quickly they forget.

(This message was approved and endorsed by the Committee to bring Jwar back to IL)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT