ADVERTISEMENT

JCA Fans--What say you?

Then why did he direct USD24 to the Naz roster in the first place?
So we have USD24 and Prowler2018 debating with each's Alternative Facts as their basis.
If Naz has Prowler's numbers from P'Ville, they should be promoting it.
We'll take Prowler's word for it and presume Naz has a bus load of Plainfield kids within their program.
His kid rides it!

Prowler 2018 and Redmen,

Just checked the rosters as you asked…

JCA has 107 football players in the program (49 varsity, 27 sophomore, 31 freshmen). Checked the program this week and the Hilltoppers have 36 football players in the program from Joliet, 33 from Plainfield, and 15 from Shorewood (their three largest area feeders). I’m looking hard at Providence and Nazareth’s rosters and coming up with the following.

Providence – 63 varsity, 33 sophomore, 37 frosh (133 total in program)

Nazareth – 53 varsity, 28 sophomore, 34 freshman (115 total…and tough to figure out with so many players listed at multiple levels).

Providence – 1 freshman from Plainfield
1 freshman from Shorewood

Nazareth – 1 freshman from Joliet/Plainfield
1 sophomore from Plainfield

*There very well could be additional kids form Joliet/Plainfield on both rosters at the varsity level, but none are Joliet/Plainfield recognizable names from feeder football program…so again I doubt that it is significant, especially when you consider the school's enrollment breakdowns by geographical region.

Based on the research I have done, the comments that Provi and Naz' rosters and schools are loaded with Plainfield kids just doesn't hold true.
I know of 5 off the top of my head from Plainfield that didn't play from those feeders. All played Naperville Patriots.

OK.
So the little bridge burner got them to head Naz's way.
Now it makes sense.
I am sure they are receiving a good education along with good coaching.
I am still baffled as to why Prowler would have directed USD24 to the Naz roster as a reference point.

OK.
Now it makes sense.
I am still baffled as to why Prowler would have directed USD24 to the Naz roster as a reference point.
Ok you are correct- the roster may not have been the best reference to make a point...

OK.
Now it makes sense.
He burned zero bridges in LaGrange Park.

When I was in high school in the late 80s early 90s, I want to say that catholic high school tuitions were around $2500 give or take. If I'm not mistaken, tuition at JCA is what, $13000? In my opinion, what they have done is make it unattainable for many lower middle class families to send kids to these institutions as the tuition hike has grown disproportionate to what people are making. Not to mention, this is not Chicago, where many kids have no choice but to go to Catholic schools to get a quality education. I think people are starting to realize that you don't have to pony up 52 grand to get a good education in the Joliet area.
Bingo!

Reactions: Prowler2018
Hmm, just mapped it out. It's 33 miles from Plainfield to Lagrange Park... is the ihsa aware of this?
You better get a new map program. It's only like 25 likes. Even Shorewood on the other side of Plainfield is 31 miles. Try a new narrative.

Reactions: TPF523
You better get a new map program. It's only like 25 likes. Even Shorewood on the other side of Plainfield is 31 miles. Try a new narrative.

Probably not the mileage that is a factor. To be honest it's the drive time. Traffic is brutal.

Probably not the mileage that is a factor. To be honest it's the drive time. Traffic is brutal.
True. That is one hellacious commute for HS kids.

Does the bus take them back home after practice?

Last edited:
"Probably not the mileage that is a factor. To be honest it's the drive time. Traffic is brutal."

I drove from Rt. 83 and I 55 to Ogden and LaGrange Rd. yesterday at 12:30 PM, light traffic and the only construction was at Ogden and LaGrange, using 55, the Tri State and Ogden, and it took me 15 plus minutes. I cannot imagine how long it takes to get from Plainfield to Naz in the morning rush hour.

"Probably not the mileage that is a factor. To be honest it's the drive time. Traffic is brutal."

I drove from Rt. 83 and I 55 to Ogden and LaGrange Rd. yesterday at 12:30 PM, light traffic and the only construction was at Ogden and LaGrange, using 55, the Tri State and Ogden, and it took me 15 plus minutes. I cannot imagine how long it takes to get from Plainfield to Naz in the morning rush hour.
Probably the same as South Bolingbrook to Lombard.

Reactions: jwarigaku
If you don't mind me asking, and you would be someone in the know, how long does it take for the bus to get from Plainfield to Naz in the morning?
Prowler would be a better person to answer that question. I would guess 35-45 minutes. I pretty much take I-55 from Lemont Rd and it takes me anywhere from 13-20 minutes. I think the bus pickup spot is another 15-20 minutes past there.

According to the Waze app from the pickup spot to Naz tomorrow morning at 7am will take 30 minutes. Waze factors traffic for the time.

Prowler would be a better person to answer that question. I would guess 35-45 minutes. I pretty much take I-55 from Lemont Rd and it takes me anywhere from 13-20 minutes. I think the bus pickup spot is another 15-20 minutes past there.
Does the bus take the kids home after practice? If so, what about the non-football playing Naz students from Plainfield, who are on a different schedule after school?

Does the bus take the kids home after practice? If so, what about the non-football playing Naz students from Plainfield, who are on a different schedule after school?
I'm not sure on schedules and how everyone gets home. Maybe 2 different buses ?

According to the Waze app from the pickup spot to Naz tomorrow morning at 7am will take 30 minutes. Waze factors traffic for the time.
That is really moving. I just did a mapped the route from St Mary's in Plainfield, where I was told kids are picked up to Naz and it takes 46 mins right now. Cant imagine it is 15 mins faster during rush hour....but what do I care, I love the fact that it takes my kids 180 seconds to get to JCA!

Reactions: Gene K.
TPF,

Just to be clear there were two players from the program that went to Naz prior to his arrival and 20 after. Additionally, he was a volunteer within the program and not a paid coach.

Yes, there were many kids from that youth organization that went to Naz before he was hired to coach there.

TPF,

Just to be clear there were two players from the program that went to Naz prior to his arrival and 20 after. Additionally, he was a volunteer within the program and not a paid coach.
Both numbers are wrong. Enlighten us, you went to Naz because of him? Seems to go against everything you've stated on this board. I'm not talking down about him at all, just saying people didn't go to Naz because of him, at least that's not what they say.

USD,

What do you do, live at Hobby Lobby? All joking aside people make choices to send their children where they feel and the kids feel most at home. Most kids shadowed at more than one school and also visited their public school to get the feels for where they felt at home and balanced their decision between that, scholastics and certainly extra-circulars. As I've said in the past I hope JCA has a strong school and football program because it makes everyone better! Good luck with the remainder of your season.

That is really moving. I just did a mapped the route from St Mary's in Plainfield, where I was told kids are picked up to Naz and it takes 46 mins right now. Cant imagine it is 15 mins faster during rush hour....but what do I care, I love the fact that it takes my kids 180 seconds to get to JCA!

Is he currently coaching anywhere on the HS level?

TPF,

Here are the kids. I went through the list before posting technically there were 22 after but 2 left for other schools

August 2011
Carpinelli
Simmons
DiFusco
Beauduy
Sampleton
Dunn
Brooks
Weems
Weller
Kelly Martin
Dean
J Oglesby
A. Reifsteck
A. Weller
A. Parades
W lones
D Oglesby
Puckett
D. Smith
Leach
D brillakis
B reifsteck
M virrelli

Both numbers are wrong. Enlighten us, you went to Naz because of him? Seems to go against everything you've stated on this board. I'm not talking down about him at all, just saying people didn't go to Naz because of him, at least that's not what they say.

TPF,

Here are the kids. I went through the list before posting technically there were 22 after but 2 left for other schools

August 2011
Carpinelli
Simmons
DiFusco
Beauduy
Sampleton
Dunn
Brooks
Weems
Weller
Kelly Martin
Dean
J Oglesby
A. Reifsteck
A. Weller
A. Parades
W lones
D Oglesby
Puckett
D. Smith
Leach
D brillakis
B reifsteck
M virrelli

I'll check with my important Naz people and find out what the specifics are with your list. You're missing kids, probably conveniently and adding kids you shouldn't be.

Are you saying they (you) went to Naz because of him?

TPF,

August 2011
Carpinelli
Simmons
DiFusco
Beauduy
Sampleton
Dunn
Brooks
Weems
Weller
Kelly Martin
Dean
J Oglesby
A. Reifsteck
A. Weller
A. Parades
W lones
D Oglesby
Puckett
D. Smith
Leach
D brillakis
B reifsteck
M virrelli
More than 2 left for other schools. But do you really think you should be posting all these families names? Cmon man.

Reactions: USD24
TPF,

These are the kids from the Patriots that went to Naz, there are certainly more kids from Plainfield that were not part of the Patriots that have come to Naz and will likely continue. The two I left off the list were Rashad and Andino who both transferred after their Freshman year in 2012, additionally, while Ivory play for the patriots in 2013 Dex never played for the Patriots. Please provide a list of which patriots, prior to 2012, came to Naz if you're going to call me out.

We chose Naz for several reasons that included Academics, A Catholic Basis, and certainly the coaches(all of them).

I'll check with my important Naz people and find out what the specifics are with your list. You're missing kids, probably conveniently and adding kids you shouldn't be.

I thought they were picked up somewhere else. I could be wrong.

So the "Charlie Weiss" of high school football left Naz for the Brook and only lasted one season at the Brook? Or am I getting confused with a different coach?

So the "Charlie Weiss" of high school football left Naz for the Brook and only lasted one season at the Brook? Or am I getting confused with a different coach?
You got it.

Figured on this response from you PJJP. That said he and McMillen have been coaching together for a decade and with several of the other coaches on the SF staff for 5 or more years. One thing I'm sure of is that he would have told coach Ivlow from day 1 that if Bob went towards a head position at the HS level he would join him where he went. As Godfthr pointed out no bridges burnt in LGP.

You got it.

TPF, just curious, I am guessing you had children that you either sent to college or will send to college. what factors did you choose to send them to the school they went to? It was probably unique to the kid, but, it was a variety, some more important than others, some less but a variety. Eventually you found the right college for your kid. Your important factors are probably way different than mine and different even amongst your children if you have more than one. Maybe if you had a couple of kids, after the first year one of them decided they wanted a change, it happens.

Why should it be any different for these kids at the HS level? Especially when they are paying. What difference does it make to you? Personally I think its insane to drive 45-60 minutes every day each way to HS, while driving by other schools that I consider to be as good or better, but, that was my decision for my kid to go to a closer school. No skin off my back if someone else wants to drive that far, they chose the schools that they perceived was best for their kid, not what I thought was a best or "right" for my kid.

We are pretty good rivals with Naz, but, seriously why do I care that their kids choose to drive that far? Its a good education and they play sports, big, deal. Its their decision, their money, their kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT