ADVERTISEMENT

It is just a tad bit early, but I wanted to be the first.

MWittman

Nov 22, 2004
I was in Chicago for an appointment today and my drive to this meeting took me right past Saint Rita.

I know my spiritual cousins at MC and BR may be tempted to roll their eyes or openly attack me for my partiality for the Mustangs, but the purpose of this note is to express the excitement I underwent as I slowed on my eastbound drive on 79th approaching Western and catching a glimpse of a football being thrown and kicked around. Even through the privacy fence screen, as I saw the athletes in full equipment undergoing drills in the sweltering heat, it was of little concern whether the color was red and white, brown and white, brown and orange, or my garnet and gold. What mattered was this sight let me know a return to a normal existence is within grasp.

I am elated beyond words for this season and I look forward to exchanges with fellow members on this forum in the coming weeks.

I was in Chicago for an appointment today and my drive to this meeting took me right past Saint Rita.

I know my spiritual cousins at MC and BR may be tempted to roll their eyes or openly attack me for my partiality for the Mustangs, but the purpose of this note is to express the excitement I underwent as I slowed on my eastbound drive on 79th approaching Western and catching a glimpse of a football being thrown and kicked around. Even through the privacy fence screen, as I saw the athletes in full equipment undergoing drills in the sweltering heat, it was of little concern whether the color was red and white, brown and white, brown and orange, or my garnet and gold. What mattered was this sight let me know a return to a normal existence is within grasp.

I am elated beyond words for this season and I look forward to exchanges with fellow members on this forum in the coming weeks.
You won’t get an eye roll from this MC fan. We all have that feeling. My heart beats different as I walk into a MC game. Especially now. I was happy to see them play last Spring but it didn’t have that same feeling as a fall season. Here’s hoping it all goes as planned

You won’t get an eye roll from this MC fan. We all have that feeling. My heart beats different as I walk into a MC game. Especially now. I was happy to see them play last Spring but it didn’t have that same feeling as a fall season. Here’s hoping it all goes as planned
Those are just palpitations bro 😉

• Haha
Reactions: McCaravan
Regrettably, there was something so inauthentic about the spring 2021 season. I found it remarkably difficult to become enlivened with "spring" football.

I am very much looking forward to trips to CCL games on Friday evenings and the drive to South Bend on Saturdays this fall.

Regrettably, there was something so inauthentic about the spring 2021 season. I found it remarkably difficult to become enlivened with "spring" football.

I am very much looking forward to trips to CCL games on Friday evenings and the drive to South Bend on Saturdays this fall.
Amen, Brother. I was riding through the Lockport HS neighborhood in the morning a week or two ago and saw a kid walking home and carrying his helmet. That was when the sense of a more normal season hit me. Reading the board is one thing. But seeing it gave me a sense of excitement too.

First of all, I am so happy for the kids. They get to play in a normal season at normal times. As for spring football, I have no use for it. if nothing else, the weather isn't supposed to get warmer as the season goes on.

So, the board will turn back to normal on Friday nights coming soon. The usual arguments and maybe some new ones will start and that's ok. I am sure I will be a part of that at some point. I will try to keep in mind how easy it is to take some things for granted until they aren't there.

From now on I won't look at a season that was lost. I will forever call 2020, The Lost Year and hope we keep it in the rearview mirror.

only this dude calls it a "note."

Reactions: MWittman
Thank you as always MWitt for your note and peripheral support of the Mustangs as your chosen SouthSide Catholic cheering interest.

My question is, while passing the school, did you see a non-descript HVAC van and DOS servicing the rooftop units with a pair of binoculars and video camera?

Edit: And please pay no mind to my dangling participle

Reactions: MWittman
Thank you as always MWitt for your note and peripheral support of the Mustangs as your chosen South Side Catholic cheering interest.

My question is, while passing the school, did you see a non-descript HVAC van and DOS servicing the rooftop units with a pair of binoculars and video camera?

Edit: And please pay no mind to my dangling participle

Rock:

I did not, but the accusation you level against DOS now unravels part of my visit to the South Side.

Shortly after three p.m., I received a panicked call from DOS pleading with me to bail him out of jail. Posting bail, of course, for any crime committed in Cook County is quite easy these days. After arriving at Area Two, I was able to capture DOS' release from the temporary custody of the state on video.

In DOS' hand was a pair of Vortex Fury HD binoculars concealed in a loaf of bread and camera equipment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT