ADVERTISEMENT

Is The BIG10 Coming Back this Fall?

Not a joke. Now Dan Patrick is reporting on. October 10 looks to be return date. Sir Yacht has been right on this for awhile.

Not a joke. Now Dan Patrick is reporting on. October 10 looks to be return date. Sir Yacht has been right on this for awhile.
It’s either one big troll job, or some 20 year old seemingly has better connections than a ton of major newspapers.

According to the President's tweet, they are on the one yard line, so it must be a done deal:rolleyes:.

Kevin Warren is totally incompetent and should be fired, he had no experience in college sports and has bungled this whole thing badly.

The PAC 12 also canceled their season and no one even noticed since they are irrelevant.... lol

Reactions: mmca and ignazio
Pete Carroll a better example. Lost a super bowl on the one yard line by ignoring the best back in the game and trying to throw the ball.
Yeah, but Pete has actually won something. Meanwhile Harbaugh is bizarrely talked about (by some, not all) as if he’s Amos Alonzo Stagg.

October 10th start day with 10 week season would have end date of December 12th plus Championship Game on December 19th. That would get them done in time with selection committee selecting teams December 20th. If no stoppages. It was so bizarre when they released the schedule with 6 weeks of contingency planning for stoppages then cancelling the whole thing less than a week later without utilizing the contingency planning they built into the schedule.

I know. I meant them too
I just mean that I’m guessing (more like assuming) most here don’t frequent the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Their coverage might blow ours out of the water.

To Add: which is why this Sir Yacht guy is just so odd.

I just mean that I’m guessing (more like assuming) most here don’t frequent the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Their coverage might blow ours out of the water.

To Add: which is why this Sir Yacht guy is just so odd.
Understood. The institutional press has their place but technology has decentralized info gathering enough to allow individual citizens to do an excellent job also if they hold themselves to the high standards needed to report accurately. Yes, the odd names take a little getting used to but I see our own host Edgy as an OG in this arena for the past 20~ years, albeit in the Illinois prep sports landscape.

On a side note: Are you doing any officiating this fall or winter or are you strictly football and, thus, waiting for the spring?

Understood. The institutional press has their place but technology has decentralized info gathering enough to allow individual citizens to do an excellent job also if they hold themselves to the high standards needed to report accurately. Yes, the odd names take a little getting used to but I see our own host Edgy as an OG in this arena for the past 20~ years, albeit in the Illinois prep sports landscape.

On a side note: Are you doing any officiating this fall or winter or are you strictly football and, thus, waiting for the spring?
I have nothing else on the schedule for 2020. Partly by choice because of COVID and young children, partly because of newer work responsibilities. I’ll be on the field in February.

You also bring up a great point about technology and “new media.” I didn’t even think about that part until I read this post.

Reactions: RockSoup
I have nothing else on the schedule for 2020. Partly by choice because of COVID and young children, partly because of newer work responsibilities. I’ll be on the field in February.

You also bring up a great point about technology and “new media.” I didn’t even think about that part until I read this post.
Stay safe and thank you for helping youth sports

Reactions: stripes13
FWIW
"Parker Gabriel of the Lincoln Journal Star wrote the following on Twitter: “Reached via text this afternoon, #Huskers AD Bill Moos said of the Oct. 10 Big Ten start date rumor: ‘There's nothing to that.’ Moos is part of a subcommittee that is looking into potential scheduling models as part of the league's return to competition group.”"
https://247sports.com/Article/Big-T...os-shoots-down-Dan-Patrick-reports-150952216/

On a related note;
"Almost three weeks after announcing the decision to postpone fall sports, the Big Ten revealed Monday that the decision came by an 11-3 vote and offered additional details in response to a lawsuit filed by eight Nebraska football players last week."
https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/bi...cle_e8f7e700-b24b-5da5-ad17-e7624ab1d2e1.html

I am by no means a B1G fan. But, I do think it is very important to college football that they have a schedule and play. I hope this happens.

Reactions: dweise
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT