ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting games on the schedule:

Well they have 7 guys currently holding d1 offers to start...

Joe Moore DT 4* ‘20 Minnesota +
Jaden Williams DB 3* ‘20 Oregon +
Latrez Smith DB 3* ‘20 Kent St +
Mekhi Hagens QB 3* ‘20 Mizzou +
Anthony Baker DT 3* ‘20 Syracuse +
Bill Jackson RB ‘21 Nebraska +
Luther Burden WR ‘22 Mizzou +

That seems like a pretty good start to me.
They should be the favorites, no?

They should be the favorites, no?
No idea, not even trying to sandbag. Naz should be solid but that’s a talented team coming to town. Admittedly I know nothing more than what simple newspaper articles will tell you but I’m excited as heck to watch that game.

No idea, not even trying to sandbag. Naz should be solid but that’s a talented team coming to town. Admittedly I know nothing more than what simple newspaper articles will tell you but I’m excited as heck to watch that game.

From what I saw last year at the Classic Lutheran N looked better than Ritter. Perhaps they played later in the season and proved me wrong, I don't know.

Week #1 - JCA @ St. Rita

St. Rita looking to have a breakout season starting out at home verses a very young JCA squad who are looking to rebuild.

With St. Rita, ICC, St. Laurence, Fenwick, Brother Rice (in that order) a young JCA team will definitely get their baptism by fire.

Where do the 5 wins for JCA come from in 2019??

I’m thinking 6-3/5-4. Lose to Rice, Rita and IC and maybe Laurence.
It could be an atypical year for the Hillmen. IMO, the biggest questions are on both lines, which is unusual (especially the O-line).

Simeon vs nationally ranked (5) St Frances Academy of Baltimore, MD.

Private school that was booted from their conference after blowing everyone out. HC has put a TON of money into the program.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...am-so-good-no-one-in-its-league-will-play-it/

To be absolutely honest this story makes me sick. This is recruiting at its finest. I don’t blame the other schools from taking them off there schedule.
It’s a joke to see him recruiting out of state and paying for players living expenses. I couldn’t even read the rest of the story. It’s not fair. Let the coach open up his fat wallet and play some real teams. Their are plenty around the country that would give them a game. Heck their are a few in Illinois that I believe would give them an eye opener. It’s hard to believe that HS football has come to this.
This type of recruiting should be banned.
My opinion but I am sure if it was happening in Illinois their would be the same reaction.

To be absolutely honest this story makes me sick. This is recruiting at its finest. I don’t blame the other schools from taking them off there schedule.
It’s a joke to see him recruiting out of state and paying for players living expenses. I couldn’t even read the rest of the story. It’s not fair. Let the coach open up his fat wallet and play some real teams. Their are plenty around the country that would give them a game. Heck their are a few in Illinois that I believe would give them an eye opener. It’s hard to believe that HS football has come to this.
This type of recruiting should be banned.
My opinion but I am sure if it was happening in Illinois their would be the same reaction.

I think if it happened in Illinois you would have fans arguing on this board that this school of 180 kids should be in 1A.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
I disagree. Every poor, beleaguered school like Baltimore's St. Francis should have a benefactor like Coach Poggi. Rich schools at every level buy winning football teams by enticing players with girls, cars, and cash. Poggi gives his players, who are the poorest of the poor, only the gift of free housing, full tuition, and a belief in themselves. Someone should do the same for schools like Leo and Hales Franciscan.

Reactions: Coach Percy
I disagree. Every poor, beleaguered school like Baltimore's St. Francis should have a benefactor like Coach Poggi. Rich schools at every level buy winning football teams by enticing players with girls, cars, and cash. Poggi gives his players, who are the poorest of the poor, only the gift of free housing, full tuition, and a belief in themselves. Someone should do the same for schools like Leo and Hales Franciscan.

Is this really Coach Poggi? Come on coach!

How about this lineup...

9am = College Game Day
1:30pm = Maine South @ Glenbard West
4:00pm = Cardinal Ritter @ Nazareth Academy
7:30pm = East St. Louis @ Batavia

Don't forget to stop at the newly located Frankies Deli now at Butterfield and Midwest Road (Oakbrook Terrace) in between games for a delicious sandwich!!!

You know, Sandburg @ Hillcrest in Week 2 is likely a 1st time-ever match-up. By the way, for Hillcrest, this game is sandwiched in between Brother Rice and Richards.

LZ Marist
CCHS Libertyville
NT Loyola
Benet NN
St. Pat's Evanston

Some of mine.
It is great to see CCHS vs. Libertyville back. Great local rivalry, and beneficial for both schools IMO.

Just a couple around here that get me excited:

Neuqua vs East Side
LWE vs Central
Benet vs North

And I’m thinking of driving over for LA/Iggy. Should be a high level game from coaching, scheme, talent, etal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT