ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting games on the schedule:

Repeating something I entered in another thread: LW West @ Hersey then hosting Evanston during Weeks 1 & 2.

Week #1 - JCA @ St. Rita

St. Rita looking to have a breakout season starting out at home verses a very young JCA squad who are looking to rebuild.

With St. Rita, ICC, St. Laurence, Fenwick, Brother Rice (in that order) a young JCA team will definitely get their baptism by fire.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Althoff v IC to open the season in central IL again.

I hope all of those sophomores who got whooped on last year had good offseasons. Crusaders return a ton on D ... might not score much, but you won't score much on them either. I hope they found another kicker to replace the 4-year starter.

Oh really? At Batavia? Might have to go there after Naz/Cardinal Ritter game at 4.
Could be a three game weekend for me JC @ Reeters and the two you mention, which will also take me all across Chicagoland. May have to get one of those professional HS football game chairs, the pad just doesn't do it anymore and these old bones can't take that much bleacher action anymore.

Week #1 - JCA @ St. Rita

St. Rita looking to have a breakout season starting out at home verses a very young JCA squad who are looking to rebuild.

With St. Rita, ICC, St. Laurence, Fenwick, Brother Rice (in that order) a young JCA team will definitely get their baptism by fire.

From my perspective, this JCA game is the interesting one. I think if Rita wins, she will have a very, very good season. Last year, the consensus was SR being the slight favorite--and look what happened. In my mind, this is a pick 'em. Aside from the usual PC-Bronco-LA, I think the ND-Benet games will be interesting as well.

LZ Marist
CCHS Libertyville
NT Loyola
Benet NN
St. Pat's Evanston

Some of mine.

Naperville Central @ Hinsdale Central wk 1promises to be another barn burner, picking up from where they left off last year. Very interesting match up between the NC QB Sam Jackson and their skill guys at slot/WR versus the HC DBs/LBs.

Jackson's arm is just a sling shot, and he might be the fastest kid on the field. Plus he's got some serious slots/WRs to work with---Reg Fleurima is sick with it. Depending on how their o-line shapes up, they could be just as explosive if not more so than last year (Dupage guys please tell me if I'm overstating---I know the loss of Thorton, Hallstrom, Hughes, McDonald, and the other huge WR is big, but they've just seemed to reload on a par. The Turner kid seems to be a real threat in the slot as well).

HC returns a talented DB group, one being a 3rd year, two big d-lineman plus a couple 3rd year linebackers. I think this has gotta be one of the more interesting week 1 match ups.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Could be a three game weekend for me JC @ Reeters and the two you mention, which will also take me all across Chicagoland. May have to get one of those professional HS football game chairs, the pad just doesn't do it anymore and these old bones can't take that much bleacher action anymore.
Stadium seats at Naz, @godfthr53 is a big deal he can set you up.

Week #1 - JCA @ St. Rita

Funny the toughest game here may be the smallest school ICCP after Brother Rice.

ND has a solid QB...Laurence has 19 starters back, including most of the skill positions
I know about the ND QB but what else do they have? St Laurence was stacked with sophs and juniors last year but not sure what the coaching change will do to their team. Again, not sure what to expect from these 2 teams.

How about this lineup...

9am = College Game Day
1:30pm = Maine South @ Glenbard West
4:00pm = Cardinal Ritter @ Nazareth Academy
7:30pm = East St. Louis @ Batavia

Can I purchase this as a one price package and include a great watering hole on the way?

Reactions: MinookaFB_12
'NT LA? Interesting? The only thing interesting last year was the weather.'

Neighborhood game. You don't like don't comment maggot.

'NT LA? Interesting? The only thing interesting last year was the weather.'

Neighborhood game. You don't like don't comment maggot.
Take it easy big guy. I played at LA and it’s not much of a rivalry. “Maggot” who talks like that? I think you may have some emotional problems, little buddy.

Last edited:
Small Schools...LOL.. Cardinal Ritter? You mean the St. Louis team that has about 5-7 Power 5 players on it??? I guess Naz goes after the "Small Schools" smh
Maybe if the big schools weren’t scared. Lots of thanks but no thanks or simply unreturned emails.

Reactions: jjmac09
Take it easy big guy. I played at LA and it’s not much of a rivalry. “Maggot” who talks like that? I think you may have some emotional problems, little buddy.

You seem to attract these unstable personalities Bowie. Maybe it's just you. LOL.

Reactions: Bowie50
Well they have 7 guys currently holding d1 offers to start...

Joe Moore DT 4* ‘20 Minnesota +
Jaden Williams DB 3* ‘20 Oregon +
Latrez Smith DB 3* ‘20 Kent St +
Mekhi Hagens QB 3* ‘20 Mizzou +
Anthony Baker DT 3* ‘20 Syracuse +
Bill Jackson RB ‘21 Nebraska +
Luther Burden WR ‘22 Mizzou +

That seems like a pretty good start to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT