ADVERTISEMENT

Insurance Question

That's interesting. Have they had a little more "freedom" than us? Sounds like they are a healthier state than Illinois.
Maybe the secret is a consistently competitive pro team and artery clogging cheese. Delicious, delicious life shortening cheese.

Once again.

No Mike, it's not time to just accept what JB says. If you're in the business of helping kids, those shouldn't just give up and not fight. Shouldn't just give up on point out the hypocrisy of other states playing and other state insurance issues allowing those to play.

Let’s face it they won’t be playing football in the spring and the odds of having a regular season in 2021 are pretty limited.

Let’s face it they won’t be playing football in the spring and the odds of having a regular season in 2021 are pretty limited.
That may be the ultimate decision but I don't agree that everyone should lay down. Who says that they will play fall of 21? Or even spring/fall of 22? Our Lord and savior Fauci just this morning said that even with a vaccine, society cannot stop doing the public health measures we are doing now with social distancing and masks. Even with vaccine...forever. And we know the power he had and who listens to him (right or wrong, we know the position and influence he has). If the people advocating for kids don't keep fighting, regardless of what happens for this IHSA season, it could be a permanent thing. That's why you don't just throw your hands up and say oh well. Because if what the savior Fauci says goes, we may never have IHSA football and basketball again, never have sports with crowds, or a big wedding, proper funeral services, a real graduation, a real school education and college experience due to not ever stopping the social distancing and masks with risks.

Mike, works hard, but he's media so you know which way he leans. That said, generally he isn't completely biased either like the majority of big newspaper writers, but I kinda found this article out of touch. Who's he speaking to with this one? His audience highly made up of players, coaches, AD's, parents. During this whole thing players have been able to constantly adjust. They've learned to even play with a mask that hinders their breathing for crying out loud. Coaches? Do you know how coaches operate? They come up with solutions for everything. They prepare for everything. I know a group of coaches that came up with 5 different season plans depending on how this whole thing went down. I'm sure they considered a worst case scenario plan. No need for O'Brien to tell them. AD's aren't that much different from the coaches. Parents? You get a wide mix and range of personalities and mindsets from them. That said, even still you have many very aware of the situation. Some have adjusted and made moves. Heck, even the dad of Joliet's likely best player in the last 40 years orchestrated a move to a top prep school out of state. So its hard for me to comprehend who's he's trying to reach with this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT