ADVERTISEMENT

Instant Analysis: South Elgin over West Aurora

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
South Elgin- came out and took control of this game early and never gave momentum back. Really, really nice QB in Nate Gomez who honestly might throw one of the best deep balls I've seen live so far in 2017. The Storm are a bit smaller upfront compared to the past few years especially on the offensive line and I also see a bit more two way players...yet overall this is a pretty solid tea. The Strom's defense also did a terrific job of containing the West Aurora speed and skills and basically never allowed them to break anything big on them all day.

West Aurora- just seemed to come out flat and really never was able to get back into sync. The play action passing game was off early but came back around a bit better in the second half. The Blackhawks as usual have some speed and skills....yet maybe not quite the athlete level/explosiveness as a season ago from what I saw here today. The defense at times did well but was also on the field for most of this loss. In short this is still a 7-2 type of team....and a team I wouldn't want to draw in say Round 1 in 8A....andf again more to follow in the scouting reports early next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News