ADVERTISEMENT

Ihsa Kickers

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
I'm not sure why I'm surprised but this year has been a great year for kickers. LA,MC,LWE to name a few all have great kickers. Well done.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Wheaton South's kicker Olsen is headed to Michigan State.

Warren's kicker Adam Saul has a good leg as well.

MC's Patino is a junior. At 5'10" and 215 pounds, he's as big as a linebacker but says that he's happy as a kicker. He could go right from Carmel to the Bears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50
Does anyone know the IHSA record for the longest field goal?

Top 5:
Longest Field Goal Made
[1.] 60, Tucker McCann, O'Fallon (H.S.) vs. Belleville (East), Oct. 17, 2014

[2.] 59, Nick Setta, Lockport (Twp.) vs. Chicago Heights (Bloom), Oct. 25, 1996

[3.] 58, Rick Albreski, Addison (Driscoll), 2004

[4.] 57, Jason Sproull, Bloomington (Central Catholic) vs. Mendota, Oct. 25, 1996

[5.] 56, Larry Sullivan, Elgin (H.S.) vs. Aurora (West), Sept. 27, 1986

Top 5:
Longest Field Goal Made
[1.] 60, Tucker McCann, O'Fallon (H.S.) vs. Belleville (East), Oct. 17, 2014

[2.] 59, Nick Setta, Lockport (Twp.) vs. Chicago Heights (Bloom), Oct. 25, 1996

[3.] 58, Rick Albreski, Addison (Driscoll), 2004

[4.] 57, Jason Sproull, Bloomington (Central Catholic) vs. Mendota, Oct. 25, 1996

[5.] 56, Larry Sullivan, Elgin (H.S.) vs. Aurora (West), Sept. 27, 1986
Nick Setta was an outstanding distance runner as well. Would run CC meets in the AM on Saturday and play kicker in the afternoon for Lockport. Many more Saturday games in the day.

I was quite impressed by that kid two years ago when we played them in the quarters. I can only imagine how much better he is now.
he kicked 4 FG's in the semi win vs HF - one was from 42 and another was from 50 yards out against a breeze that cleared by at least 10 yards - the elevation and drive he gets on the ball is at a pro level

he kicked 4 FG's in the semi win vs HF - one was from 42 and another was from 50 yards out against a breeze that cleared by at least 10 yards - the elevation and drive he gets on the ball is at a pro level

Assuming it's the same kid...Don't make me trot out my sad 2017 story (yet again) when this guy booted a last minute game winning FG against my son's team (STCE) in conditions that could only be described as MUCK. Game was on the line and the footing was a disaster but he made it look easy. Kudos to him.

Reactions: Gene K.
Assuming it's the same kid...Don't make me trot out my sad 2017 story (yet again) when this guy booted a last minute game winning FG against my son's team (STCE) in conditions that could only be described as MUCK. Game was on the line and the footing was a disaster but he made it look easy. Kudos to him.
Yep - same kid - a clutch moment for that kid (as a Soph). I know your pain for sure! We still have the StCE coach to thank for going for 1 after the TD!

Reactions: markmacaluso
Dominic Dzioban at LWE. 4 year varsity starter and no little league football experience. You can fathom that he was a better soccer goalie than kicker and had to choose his sport. Coach Tom Lynch at LWE was an early 2000 legend as a kicker with the Griffins and was kicking 50 yarders off the real grass / mud that was in Frankfort then. Another special kicker was Will Will....I know...but he holds an NCAA record for kicking an XP, then recovering a kick and scoring a TD, XP all on 3 plays consecutively I think at Akron.

Last edited:
50,48,42,38?

Reactions: tmjgrady
Yeah, I was really hoping you guys pulled that out, I remember keeping an eye on that game and the Oswego game at the same time knowing we played the winner

Yeah, I was really hoping you guys pulled that out, I remember keeping an eye on that game and the Oswego game at the same time knowing we played the winner

Everyone in our stands was holding their breath, hoping, praying for a bad snap, bad hold, slip on the mud, a block, a shanked kick, a doink or a double doink. Anything! But alas, snap was good, hold was good, the kid drilled it through with plenty of room to spare.

What's weird is that I remember thinking to myself before the kick that it was destined to go through because by that time the momentum had swung to LWE on offense even though we had just scored a go ahead TD. There was just too much time left and too many poor decisions made right after our TD that the entire mood and feel of the game had changed. It was nothing tangible and other people kept goading me to "be positive and stand up and make noise" and blah blah blah. A few of them were still talking about how my kid was going to be remembered as a hero for his TD catch but I couldn't get excited. I just knew in my mind something had shifted. Some bizarre energy had changed. Karma? Luck? Mojo? Fate? Who knows. Trust me, I'm not a negative or pessimistic person by nature and I usually cheer my team on loudly until the bitter end. But in this moment right before the snap, I knew that kick was going through and would have bet my life on it.

Anyone ever have that happen? Makes you feel guilty.

Reactions: Gene K.
Everyone in our stands was holding their breath, hoping, praying for a bad snap, bad hold, slip on the mud, a block, a shanked kick, a doink or a double doink. Anything! But alas, snap was good, hold was good, the kid drilled it through with plenty of room to spare.

What's weird is that I remember thinking to myself before the kick that it was destined to go through because by that time the momentum had swung to LWE on offense even though we had just scored a go ahead TD. There was just too much time left and too many poor decisions made right after our TD that the entire mood and feel of the game had changed. It was nothing tangible and other people kept goading me to "be positive and stand up and make noise" and blah blah blah. A few of them were still talking about how my kid was going to be remembered as a hero for his TD catch but I couldn't get excited. I just knew in my mind something had shifted. Some bizarre energy had changed. Karma? Luck? Mojo? Fate? Who knows. Trust me, I'm not a negative or pessimistic person by nature and I usually cheer my team on loudly until the bitter end. But in this moment right before the snap, I knew that kick was going through and would have bet my life on it.

Anyone ever have that happen? Makes you feel guilty.
Absolutely - intuition, a hunch, a gut feeling - all very powerful for sure. I clearly remember your boy making that catch (great catch BTW!) as I was standing as close to that end zone as possible (and I admit I almost left to get to the Marist game after that catch - assuming game over....but my hunch told me to stay - I would never give up on a game anyway). But before the soph kicker was the hero for LWE, the soph return man (A.J) returned that ball a good 60 yards for the Griffins to set up a couple more plays. And talk about hunches, when StCE returned the opening kickoff for a TD, I knew it was going to be a long day! But it turned out to be a good day - I saw all 3 of my teams that day play and all were fortunate to get a W. From my house in Chicago to St Charles, then back to Chicago for the Marist v Curie game and then over to Darien for the St L v Hinsdale South game - but i digress

Reactions: markmacaluso
Dominic Dzioban at LWE. 4 year varsity starter and no little league football experience. You can fathom that he was a better soccer goalie than kicker and had to choose his sport. Coach Tom Lynch at LWE was an early 2000 legend as a kicker with the Griffins and was kicking 50 yarders off the real grass / mud that was in Frankfort then. Another special kicker was Will Will....I know...but he holds an NCAA record for kicking an XP, then recovering a kick and scoring a TD, XP all on 3 plays consecutively I think at Akron.
I remember Tom Lynch from the 2005 Championship team - he was solid and clutch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT