ADVERTISEMENT

ICE week 8

Wilmatucky

Nov 1, 2017
Wilmington
Reed-Custer (0-7) @ Streator (2-5) - While the Vomits have had two near wins, they still haven't done it yet. Streator at least has 2 under their belt, even if those two wins were against winless teams. I think Streator gets their third and final win of the year. Plus, I'm really looking forward to the toliet bowl next week. Streator 28 RC 24

Herscher (4-3) @ Coal City (5-2) - Although Herscher has 4 wins one was a near loss and the other few were against bad teams. Herscher isn't even thinking about this week. They wanna beat the Tone next week. I think CC comes out pissed off and I'll be honest they look pretty tough right now. CC 45 Herscher 14

Peotone (4-3) @ Lisle (0-7) - Nothing to say. Tone 52 Lisle 7

Wilmington (7-0) @ Manteno (7-0) - GOTW! Two undefeated teams this late in the season. New conference championship game! I really have nothing to base Manteno off of, just the results I see. Hard to imagine that they are going to be as tough as CC though. Wilmo 28 Manteno 14

ICE Power Rankings

1. Wilmo
2. CC
3. Manteno
4. Peotone
5. Herscher
6. Streator
7. Reed-Custer
8. Lisle

Looking forward it's pretty much a gurantee that ICE will have 4 teams in playoffs. We all know the same story.....Wilmo has to be 2A to see a true shot at a title. 3A north just has too many heavy hitters. CC should be just fine, especially if they end up in the south bracket. Peotone will probably have a tough draw and could potentially see Wilmo again. Manteno should have a decent draw, but it may mean playing CC again if they both end up north.

@ Streator 33, Reed-Custer 20
Vomets actually didn’t give up, playing Manteno very close. I think Streator gets them, but if they keep their shit together they will get their win next week.

@ Coalers 63, Herscher 6
Coalers are good and motivated. Herscher spread offense passing game will have plenty of incompletions to stop the clock plus a pick or two and allow for the Coalers to get the clock running by halftime.

Peotone 49, @ Lisle 6
Lisle just isn’t very good at all and ‘Tone will breeze through this game.

Wilmington 42, @ Manteno 13
Maybe the Panthers were caught looking ahead last week, but based on their results I don’t see them slowing down the double wing attack. Two undefeated teams but Wilmo rolls here.

Last edited:
Another boring week in the ICE 😴 zzzzz

CC BIG over Herscher
CATS BIG over Manteno
Peotone BIG over Lisle
Streator BARELY over RC

2 Games of Note and 2 that should be over early this Week.

Wilmington over Manteno. 28-14. I think it'll be similar to the CC game last week. Probably A little more in Wilmington's favor.

Streator over RC. I kind of want to pic the Comets but can't pick RC until they prove they can finish. It'll be tight. Lets call it 28-27. RC goes for 2 and the win. Gets denied.

Peotone clock by half.

CC over Herscher. Pretty one sided unless the Coalers are beat up from that brawl they had last week (we need more games with that kind of physicality in this conference). Clock runs at some point.

This week does have 2 storylines going though. If Manteno wins, it sets up a possibility for a three way tie if CC beats them next week. How is the tiebreaker figured out?

0-8 Bowl. Don't ever want to see kids have to go winless but we may have that with Lisle vs RC. Has the I-8/ICE ever had two winless teams?

This week does have 2 storylines going though. If Manteno wins, it sets up a possibility for a three way tie if CC beats them next week. How is the tiebreaker figured out?

0-8 Bowl. Don't ever want to see kids have to go winless but we may have that with Lisle vs RC. Has the I-8/ICE ever had two winless teams?
Old I-8 was around long enough that it’s fairly likely there were two 0-8’s playing each other.
The current ICE has been around since 2019, and it doesn’t look like it’s ever happened

The closest I found to a double 0-8 week 9 match-up was 2011 week 7 Braidwood vs. Dwight. The Trojans emerged victorious 18-14 for their lone win of the season. There was also a Herscher against Seneca game in which one team secured their lone win and a Seneca vs Dwight game too. But neither were later than week 6.

Week 9 is almost kind of cool. If the two teams had given up earlier in the season, you know this one will get them jacked up to put it all on the field. I might go to this one just to see the drama unfold.

I may have missed one or two similar games, this was just a quick dive into it.

The closest I found to a double 0-8 week 9 match-up was 2011 week 7 Braidwood vs. Dwight. The Trojans emerged victorious 18-14 for their lone win of the season. There was also a Herscher against Seneca game in which one team secured their lone win and a Seneca vs Dwight game too. But neither were later than week 6.

Week 9 is almost kind of cool. If the two teams had given up earlier in the season, you know this one will get them jacked up to put it all on the field. I might go to this one just to see the drama unfold.

I may have missed one or two similar games, this was just a quick dive into it.
Do you really think Lisle has a chance???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT