ADVERTISEMENT

ICE week 2 scores

That score is surprising.
I thought the score would be closer also but if you see the tape I don’t believe you would be surprised. Streator is the same Streator as years past. Decent athletes,nothing up front. At least that’s what I am seeing from last nights game.

Reactions: doctor_d
Coalers had a bad first half then stepped it up and dominated the second half from what I could tell

I'll give Peotone the win. Hopefully I'm not wrong. 5-2 this week for me........Like I said I don't mind being wrong with the CC pick. I like them to do well.

Coalers had a bad first half then stepped it up and dominated the second half from what I could tell
Very much like the 1st meeting between these two. Power attack 2nd half and beat them up. #22 for BM not a factor. #10 a nice receiver. Coaler secondary a little slow.

Not surprised by the outcomes but the scores are a bit surprising.

Streator beat a bad team last week and Ottawa seems to have things moving in the right direction.

Coal City and Mac I thought would be closer but something is happening at Mac, they have fallen off quickly from a quarterfinals run last season.

Wilmington, RC, and Peotone are taking care of business and we may see some undefeated matchups in the coming weeks.

Herscher will struggle against the aforementioned teams but may get a few wins.

Streator fooled me again. Other than that, I got them all correct.

CC score didn’t surprise me much. Mac lacks size and seems like a shell of what they formerly were. Some serious questions going forward over on Brookmont without Zinnani.
Wilmo took care of business and got a shutout. I’ll be curious to see how Marengo does this year.
Reed-Custer has played two cupcakes, and had obviously dispatched them easily.

Streator fooled me again. Other than that, I got them all correct.

CC score didn’t surprise me much. Mac lacks size and seems like a shell of what they formerly were. Some serious questions going forward over on Brookmont without Zinnani.
Wilmo took care of business and got a shutout. I’ll be curious to see how Marengo does this year.
Reed-Custer has played two cupcakes, and had obviously dispatched them easily.

I give props to all teams in the conference for scheduling at least 1 tough opponent for non-conference. Here south of 80 unless it's a rivalry, most top tier programs schedule cupcakes and that is why they get beat round 1 or 2.

Last edited:
I give props to all teams in the conference for scheduling at least 1 tough opponent for non-conference. Here south of 80 unless it's a rivalry, most top tier programs schedule cupcakes and that is why they get beat round 1 or 2.
If you are a team that regularly makes the playoffs and needs to try to schedule up to get yourself ready then more power to you. If you are a team that struggles to get to 5 wins to be playoff eligible then if you can schedule 2 games you got a decent chance to win good for you also. In both cases you are doing what is best for your program. Peotone did a nice job of scheduling a team they could easily handle and a team that gave them a challenge but they still were able to get a win. I see it both ways

Scheduling “appropriately” can be difficult to accomplish. Lots of variables.

Scheduling “appropriately” can be difficult to accomplish. Lots of variables.
Agree with everyone. I’ll say in Peotone’s case, Sandwich bailed on them and they could’ve taken the forfeit. They drove four hours to play a game and they escaped with a win. Props to them for not taking the easy way out. See if it pays off for them in the long run.

If you are a team that regularly makes the playoffs and needs to try to schedule up to get yourself ready then more power to you. If you are a team that struggles to get to 5 wins to be playoff eligible then if you can schedule 2 games you got a decent chance to win good for you also. In both cases you are doing what is best for your program. Peotone did a nice job of scheduling a team they could easily handle and a team that gave them a challenge but they still were able to get a win. I see it both ways
So scheduling cupcakes to get to 5 wins gets you a opportunity to get running clocked in the 1st round?

Scheduling tough opponents early helps the coaches assess the real caliber of their team and teachers the players how to overcome their struggles. You can be good or great, I'd rather have my team be great and take on challenges head on. If you can't beat good teams to get 5 wins, you probably shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway.

On the other hand, if you are 40 pointing everyone, how will your kids react when they are down? How do they respond to adversity? Tough early season games help teams prepare for the gauntlet of the quarters, semis, and state.

So scheduling cupcakes to get to 5 wins gets you a opportunity to get running clocked in the 1st round?

Scheduling tough opponents early helps the coaches assess the real caliber of their team and teachers the players how to overcome their struggles. You can be good or great, I'd rather have my team be great and take on challenges head on. If you can't beat good teams to get 5 wins, you probably shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway.

On the other hand, if you are 40 pointing everyone, how will your kids react when they are down? How do they respond to adversity? Tough early season games help teams prepare for the gauntlet of the quarters, semis, and state.
I agree with the sentiment of preparation for a post season run, but keep in mind…
Not all programs are equal or at equal points in their progression.
There is a finite number of available quality non conference opponents.
Most non-con opponents are scheduled years in advance.

It’s not that simple. It’s a big reason why many conferences just go 10 team and not worry about the hassle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT