ADVERTISEMENT

ICE playoff outlook and Round 1 predictions

I know Mac beat a very good St Francis team but I am not seeing the hype. CC physically dominated them in week 2 and this is a CC team that is average for CC standards. I know it was week 2 and teams can improve and CC probably played the best all year in that three game stretch but I am not buying in to Mac making some kind of big run. I know its 2A but there are some really good teams in this bracket
Seems like they are coming along well. They took a 28-7 loss vs IC, but that one was tied at the half and other than that played really well down the stretch.
Mac has a little bit of history of pulling big upsets at their place too.
I think they belong in the contenders group for sure. 2A is pretty deep both north and south.

Reed Custer 26 - Peotone 0. Expected.

Wheaton Academy 36 - Coal City 3. Coalers without Harvey had little chance.

Lisle 49 - Carver 0... Expected.

Wilmington 44 - Julian 0 half...only thing slowing Cats down is the decision to work on the passing game 🤣 :cool: ...soph backfield has taken over...apparently just line changed to all backups...

Lisle's win has earned them a trip to Byron next weekend.

5 seed Chicago Clark upsets (?) Elmwood Brimfield 26-16, so Clark goes to RC.

.......Lisle/Byron winner gets Clark/RC winner.

9 Sterling Newman beat 8 Aledo Mercer County, so Wilmo goes to Newman...

McNamara 42-14 over Knoxville; Erie 56-20 over Clifton Central. Erie will go to Mac next week.

......Wilmo/Newman winner plays Erie/Mac winner.

I did not have the privilege of attending any games this weekend. Actually, due to work obligations, I will be relegated to internet consumption of IHSA playoff football until further notice.

So I just listened to the tail end of the Wilmo broadcast to get the stats and hear Reents interview.

According to the broadcast, the starting wingbacks and fullbacks had only 5 carries resulting in 4 touchdowns.

According to the broadcast, Julian had (-4) total yards. -22 rush and +18 passing.

I know….. I know. Really, I know.
It’s just that I don’t think I can recall a team having negative yards for the game. If the stats are accurate, it would seem that a new class 2A playoff record was set.

Not tooting any horns. I actually don’t know what to think about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
I did not have the privilege of attending any games this weekend. Actually, due to work obligations, I will be relegated to internet consumption of IHSA playoff football until further notice.

So I just listened to the tail end of the Wilmo broadcast to get the stats and hear Reents interview.

According to the broadcast, the starting wingbacks and fullbacks had only 5 carries resulting in 4 touchdowns.

According to the broadcast, Julian had (-4) total yards. -22 rush and +18 passing.

I know….. I know. Really, I know.
It’s just that I don’t think I can recall a team having negative yards for the game. If the stats are accurate, it would seem that a new class 2A playoff record was set.

Not tooting any horns. I actually don’t know what to think about this.
The game against Corliss was similar...my facebook post early that night was to the effect that if you have more touchdowns on your first two possessions (2) than the defense has tackles (0) you probably are going to have a good game...Corliss got some yards against the backups, however...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT