ADVERTISEMENT

I8 Week 8

Coalertown44

Nov 5, 2014
Week 7 saw Wilmington, Herscher and Plano get big wins that gets them a little closer to being playoff eligible. Week 8 is just as important for those teams.

CC @ RC - Coal City comes off their home win against Manteno that locked up the I8 Large Conference title. RC has strung together some really good football as of late but got handled pretty good by Wilmington. CC continues to roll and beat the Comets. Coal City 31 Reed Custer 7

Manteno @ Peotone -
Peotone had a rough loss last week to Herscher and put them in a bad position moving forward. Manteno got shut out by Coal City last week and had zero yards rushing for the game. Peotone comes out fired up and ground and pounds Manteno in to submission. Peotone 30 Manteno 13

Streator @ Wilmington -
Wilmington beat RC up last week in a must win game. Wildcats look like they are getting back in the groove at the right time. Streator continues its up and down season by almost pulling an upset with Lisle last week losing 20-23. Both of these teams seem to have the Jekyll and Hyde thing going on this year but I think Wilmington cruises in this one. Wilmington 40 Streator 20

Sandwich @ Lisle -
Lisle has had a few scares the last few weeks. Not a good time to start lagging. They are a very talented group and I see them coming together this week. Sandwich, who started out 3-0 has now lost 4 in a row. Bad thing for them is they could of won 2 of those that ended close. Lisle gets back on track and improves to 8-0 and ends Sandwich playoff hopes. Lisle 27 Sandwich 13

GAME OF THE WEEK - Plano @ Herscher -
Both of these teams pulled of must win games last week, leaving their playoff hopes alive. Both teams have plenty of playoff points and should get in at 5-4 but both are wanting to run the table to get the better seed. Plano got past Sandwich in a mud bowl last week and a banged up Herscher team pulled off a slight upset of Peotone. Herscher has been much better with the dual threat Hendrix at QB and the run game behind stud RB Coker has been helped the Reapers win 4 of their last 5. Good news is that Herscher seems to be back at full strength for this one. Really a toss up game but I am going with Plano. With the Reapers having to play Wilmington next week and the Tigers with Manteno next week it's much more of a must win for Plano. Plano 28 Herscher 27

Reactions: Gene K.
Week 8 in the crazy last year of the current I-8...

Manteno @ Peotone...throw out the records folks, they mean nothing when the Route 50 Rumble comes around...Manteno's very first ever football win was at Peotone in the initial Rumble, against a playoff bound Devils squad in 2002...Manteno's new AD (former hoops coach) Doug Wenzel's brother Scott (former Peotone hoops assistant) is Peotone Middle School's Principal, and the fight is in Scott's backyard...Plenty of cousins & former teammates' kids playing against each other this week...Right now it would make the Panthers season to steal the Devils' trident, stab them with it and take them out of the playoffs...The Panthers, however, haven't stolen much from anyone (other than the Bulldogs' bones) all season, and they haven't exactly pulled the plug on anyone's power run game either...The Devils are, unfortunately, probably going to just rumble over the Panthers just as Wilmo, CC and the other power run teams have all season...

Coal City @ Reed Custer...The other traditional rivalry this weekend...The Comets got pawed out of the sky by the Wildcats, and this week looks to go the same way...The Coalers got their best pickax, Skubic, back and working last week.. The Coalers warm up for the undisputed Conference title tilt next week by digging a fresh crater for the Comets to land in...

Streator @ Wilmington...The Bulldogs, since having their bones stolen by the Panthers, hasn't had any luck with the other felines in the conference. Their only meal was stealing the Indians' sandwich...The Wildcats are pouncing on teams again...But Shaw got nicked up against the Comets. Nonetheless, based upon the rushing the Bulldogs gave up to Manteno, the Wildcats will likely just punch them in the gut, run right over them and just take their dinner....

Sandwich @ Lisle...After a 3-0 start, the mayo has gone bad for Sandwich...the Indians have been mined, reaped and just had their sammiches stolen by predators the last four weeks, and I don't picture the Lions failing to take their sammich again this week...One would think that Lisle, in the midst of the best season in school history, would be Mustafa roaring on Pride Rock - but instead they have been a meek, young Simba seemingly unaware of their position and not quite sure if they can lay down the law...Going with the last few weeks, I picture the Lions stealing the Indians sammich in a game far closer than anyone really expects...

Plano @ Herscher...Plano's hot, having reaped wins 4 of the last 5 weeks...Herscher is up & down, but pawing past the teams it needs to beat...Plano needs the win more, with Wilmo next week, while the Tigers are Manteno's Homecoming guests next week...Herscher needs to avoid the turnover bug, and if they do I'll go with the slight upset here...But if the Reapers start harvesting interceptions like the Wildcats did against the Tigers, the Reapers will blow them out...

Last edited:
Sandwich @ Lisle game is interesting. I would not be surprised if Sandwich beats them. I'm still going with Lisle but Sandwich has its back against the wall and could pull it out

Peotone big
CC lock of the week
Wilmo big
Lisle barely
Plano close one.....huge game for both in terms of playoffs....game of the week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT