ADVERTISEMENT

I hope this is OK: JR Flyers Need Help

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
To play for a national title in FLA.

This season the Flyers beat all 10 teams they played. The Flyers captured the junior football league's Superbowl Championship on Sunday during a big game in St. Louis.

Now the undefeated team from East St. Louis has its eyes on Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Flyers are the number one junior football team in Illinois and the seventh-best team in the nation.

The Junior Flyers still need to raise $10,000 by Dec. 5 or they will not be able to travel to Florida for the national competition. The team hopes the community, which donated footballs and other supplies to them in the past, will step up again.

I wish I was a social media wizard so i could figure out a way to promote that Gofundme. Has the local news (TV, Radio, Print) media picked up on this yet and promoted the donation site?

One of my kids qualified for one of these "National Championships" one year. The team declined. Most of these championships are just money grabs. Baseball has one every weekend somewhere in the country. They are hollow titles. That team could probably find plenty of excellent youth teams to play up North.

Reactions: Quags57
One of my kids qualified for one of these "National Championships" one year. The team declined. Most of these championships are just money grabs. Baseball has one every weekend somewhere in the country. They are hollow titles. That team could probably find plenty of excellent youth teams to play up North.
Don't know about the money grab or any of that stuff. What i do know is that these young men need to be encouraged to see what is beyond their home town and that other folks care enough about them to help them get to that. Sometimes that experience is bigger than the football part.

Couldn’t pass up helping some fellow 618 brethren, so I donated. I know it’s been mentioned above but the experience, not even just the playing football, is well worth lending a helping hand. Thanks for posting this here. Normally I’d say all gas no brakes, but might that be dangerous for a bus ride all the way down to Florida

Don't know about the money grab or any of that stuff. What i do know is that these young men need to be encouraged to see what is beyond their home town and that other folks care enough about them to help them get to that. Sometimes that experience is bigger than the football part.
I agree with that. Just not the whole National title thingy.

whatever happened to baby boomer economics? or depression era way of doing things?

If we cant afford it We dont go! Does that deny people opportunity or experience? Hell no! It builds character.

I love seeing fancy cars and fancy shoes and the top video games and Iphones.... and peoples homes falling in on them. Priorities.

i am sure I am going to get ripped for this. But just bothers me when i see all these travel teams with their tag days at the local jewel so they can travel cross country.

whatever happened to baby boomer economics? or depression era way of doing things?

If we cant afford it We dont go! Does that deny people opportunity or experience? Hell no! It builds character.

I love seeing fancy cars and fancy shoes and the top video games and Iphones.... and peoples homes falling in on them. Priorities.

i am sure I am going to get ripped for this. But just bothers me when i see all these travel teams with their tag days at the local jewel so they can travel cross country.
No ripping here, as you are entitled to your opinion. We are not talking adults here who know or should know better. We are talking about giving kids an opportunity to see other things outside their own neighborhood. Could be a life changing chance for some of them if what they learn on the football field is put into their daily lives. Working with others, team work and discipline all to accomplish a goal. Like I said earlier, these youngsters will get more out of the trip than just football games. Wish I had someone do the same for me when I was their age. When you look back on your life do you want to be a giver or a taker. I'd prefer to be a giver if it helps others less fortunate. Now you made me go back and donate again!

You’re an angry elf

Be careful what National Title Event you sign up for. Not everybody plays by the same rules.

We took the Wilmington Bobcat Varsity to one of these events in Florida (I think it was Fort Lauderdale) in 1983 (or 84) and we ended up playing against teams with 230# linemen and/or 15/16 year old kids.

Was that the Bolser and McWilliams era team?

Looks like the boys are still short by a bit. I’d love to donate again, but I don’t have too much money as a young as I am. But here’s what I’m willing to do; if anybody donates $5, I will make my account profile picture whatever they want for a week. For every increment of $10, I will go a whole month with the image. I’ll do it for multiple people, but whoever donates first get their image time first.If anybody has any similar offers/ideas, shoot them my way and I’ll probably be willing to do it since it’s for a good cause. I don’t know if this will draw in any more donations but it’s worth a shot. Hope this doesn’t break any board rules.

Here are my rules:Nothing that’s going to get me kicked off this site or anything directed at anyone in a negative light or cause controversy. No impersonating others as well. To prove that you did donate add the phrase “Win it for Illinois’s 201st Birthday” on with your donation.

This season the Flyers beat all 10 teams they played. The Flyers captured the junior football league's Superbowl Championship on Sunday during a big game in St. Louis.

Now the undefeated team from East St. Louis has its eyes on Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Flyers are the number one junior football team in Illinois and the seventh-best team in the nation.

The Junior Flyers still need to raise $10,000 by Dec. 5 or they will not be able to travel to Florida for the national competition. The team hopes the community, which donated footballs and other supplies to them in the past, will step up again.

National title? Is this:
Pop warner National title
UYFL national title
AFY National
Western youth football national title
NW California national title
Bill George national title

before anyone jumps on me I did donate a few dollars

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT