ADVERTISEMENT

I hope this is OK: JR Flyers Need Help

Was that the Bolser and McWilliams era team?
Yes it was a memorable trip and very crappy weather. The weather in Florida was 38-40 degrees and monsoon rains, while back in Illinois it was 55+ deg and nice. That group was a little scary to try to keep out of trouble but luckily quite a few parents (babysitters) made the trip also.

I was an assistant coach. My other JCA buddy was Head Coach and our other buddy who starred at Wilmington was the Defensive Coordinator.

Dean used to think it was funny to sneak up behind me at practice and pick me up and carry me a few feet. He thought it was hilarious because I was an Offensive Tackle from JCA and then had to politely ask him to put me back down. He was a Beast.

Cru. This thread, although not about IHSA football, is about the future of IHSA football. I don’t see any danger of a flush.

I don’t know much about the East St. Louis area. Are all of these kids future ESL students? If not, what other schools would they be likely to attend?

National title? Is this:
Pop warner National title
UYFL national title
AFY National
Western youth football national title
NW California national title
Bill George national title

before anyone jumps on me I did donate a few dollars
I dunno ... the World Heavyweight Championship of the World National Title??? I think that’s it.

Winner are bestowed the title and expectations of THE Bartlett Freshman Team.

Reactions: Formicidae13
Cru. This thread, although not about IHSA football, is about the future of IHSA football. I don’t see any danger of a flush.

I don’t know much about the East St. Louis area. Are all of these kids future ESL students? If not, what other schools would they be likely to attend?
I can’t say for sure - it’s a new club, but I’d assume most if not all the boys are local, meaning in district.

Maybe some choose a Catholic Education and go a couples miles east to Althoff. That’s my hope!

Reactions: Gene K.
National title? Is this:
Pop warner National title
UYFL national title
AFY National
Western youth football national title
NW California national title
Bill George national title

before anyone jumps on me I did donate a few dollars

It really doesn’t matter. If the “legitimacy” of this national title game was my primary motivating force, I would have passed. To me, these kids don’t even give that a thought. Nor should they. They just want to have a fun and bonding life experience and travel outside their neighborhood to see the bigger world. The chance to play more football is just a bonus. Wish I had more money to give.

FWIW: Had a discussion about Flyer football and other HS football teams with family members over the holidays. Mainly about the teams in the finals. My grandson played against ESL when he was a soph at Montini. I was at the game at East Side that year! Sparse Montini crowd but a ton of ESL fans in a nice stadium. Talking about playing East side, he had nothing but respect for the kids of ESL who he said played hard, fast and clean. No trash talk and mutual respect for each other. Playing with and against others,who are not in the same demographics, is a life experience which is certain to be duplicated as they move on past high school into the real world. These kids only have a few days left to reach their goal. Anyone who can donate even $10.00 should.

FWIW: Had a discussion about Flyer football and other HS football teams with family members over the holidays. Mainly about the teams in the finals. My grandson played against ESL when he was a soph at Montini. I was at the game at East Side that year! Sparse Montini crowd but a ton of ESL fans in a nice stadium. Talking about playing East side, he had nothing but respect for the kids of ESL who he said played hard, fast and clean. No trash talk and mutual respect for each other. Playing with and against others,who are not in the same demographics, is a life experience which is certain to be duplicated as they move on past high school into the real world. These kids only have a few days left to reach their goal. Anyone who can donate even $10.00 should.
You are a good man Gene!

Thanks Bowie for the compliment. But I've had my moments throughout the years of not being good. Glad I grew up, matured, and had good wife to set me straight. Got promotions too fast in the PD and started to think I knew it all. I was blessed to have a black boss who treated me like a son corrected me and counseled me when I needed it. I have never forgot his kindness and personal interest in me and have always tried to be like him in the PD and with my personal life.

Thanks Bowie for the compliment. But I've had my moments throughout the years of not being good. Glad I grew up, matured, and had good wife to set me straight. Got promotions too fast in the PD and started to think I knew it all. I was blessed to have a black boss who treated me like a son corrected me and counseled me when I needed it. I have never forgot his kindness and personal interest in me and have always tried to be like him in the PD and with my personal life.

Even as you attempt to humble yourself, your legend continues to grow!

whatever happened to baby boomer economics? or depression era way of doing things?

If we cant afford it We dont go! Does that deny people opportunity or experience? Hell no! It builds character.

I love seeing fancy cars and fancy shoes and the top video games and Iphones.... and peoples homes falling in on them. Priorities.

i am sure I am going to get ripped for this. But just bothers me when i see all these travel teams with their tag days at the local jewel so they can travel cross country.

Ok boomer.

This is what it is all about

large_Screenshot_2019-12-10-07-37-37.png

13U ~ Vegas Strong def Mission Mustangs 8-6

13U ~ Southeast Dallas Wolverines def Tampa Bay Jaguars 20-14

The Miami team that had a Bye into the winners bracket should ESL had won, they beat a Snoop La team for some other national title.

Watched 11 minutes of You Tube on them ... Effing Killers!

Florida is greater than ... for football talent.

Yikes!!!!
Jesus Christ...those are 13 year olds?!?!?!
I will just go back to my reply at the beginning of this thread.
Be careful what National Title Event you sign up for. Not everybody plays by the same rules.

We took the Wilmington Bobcat Varsity to one of these events in Florida (I think it was Fort Lauderdale) in 1983 (or 84) and we ended up playing against teams with 230# linemen and/or 15/16 year old kids.

Your friendly neighborhood Naperville Patriots have been dominate at that level and 14u at AYF as well as other “weighted” divisions. I would say that team in the video was upper middle of the pack over the past decade and a half. The Patriots I believe have now eclipsed 10 national titles at that yearly tournament many in the 13 and 14u divisions.

Jesus Christ...those are 13 year olds?!?!?!

Your friendly neighborhood Naperville Patriots have been dominate at that level and 14u at AYF as well as other “weighted” divisions. I would say that team in the video was upper middle of the pack over the past decade and a half. The Patriots I believe have now eclipsed 10 national titles at that yearly tournament many in the 13 and 14u divisions.
Still. Those were some big boys.

ADVERTISEMENT