ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Playing College Ball for Your Team?

I wonder what percentage of the rosters that equates to for them

Let’s see there are 48 spread out over five years, let’s round up to 10 a year. Last year they had about 40 guys on the roster. Were a quarter of them were seniors? So, a freaking whole bunch. But I could not say for sure a percentage.

Last edited:
Reactions: PowerI66
I wonder what percentage of the rosters that equates to for them
Which rosters? If they all went to the same school it would be 50%ish. If they all had one class go to the same school it would be about 10%. Or are you talking about percentage of roster at ESL per class that moves on?

Reactions: PowerI66
You would think they would have more state titles than they do with all that talent they had on the field

Reactions: net-se
You would think they would have more state titles than they do with all that talent they had on the field
So the current kids in college are between 2018 and now. The results of those teams are
2018 Qtr Finals
2019 State Championship
2020 Covid
2021 State Championship runner up
2022 State Championship

May I ask, how many more titles should they have with all that talent?

I did this exercise the beginning of the season and counted like 43 Naz kids, however I don't know if they all ended up playing last year spread among D1-D3. I think I heard some that stopped prior to the college season.

I did this exercise the beginning of the season and counted like 43 Naz kids, however I don't know if they all ended up playing last year spread among D1-D3. I think I heard some that stopped prior to the college season.
That's good stuff. Year to year things could change.

This would be almost impossible to do, but I would love to see a breakdown of:

- Amount of players who announce commitment/have a signing day for any level.
- Amount of players who are actually on the team for game 1 of their Frosh year.
- Amount of players who play for four years.

Reactions: net-se and Gene K.

- Amount of players who are actually on the team for game 1 of their Frosh year.
I bet the number would be shockingly low.

MC players playing in College still, that I know of from the class of 2019 on....some of the 2019 class may have used up their time but I’ll put them down in case they used their Covid year. Again players I KNOW of, if anyone is forgotten, feel free to add

Pat Sczeaniak- Army West Point

Marcelo Mendiola- SIU by way of Bowling Green and Cincinnati

Matt Lenti- Dayton

Rad Premovic, Eddie McGee and Davion Brooks- Northern Michigan

Dominic Barbosa- Roosevelt

Jalen Grant- Purdue after starting 3 seasons at Bowling Green

Buddy Reardon- Iowa (Long snapper)

Justin Lynch- NIU by way of Temple

Kenenna Odeluga- Illinois

Ben Perry- Louisville

Austin Heygood- Notre Dame College

Sean Brady- Lake Forest College

Jack Butcher- Wisconsin La Crosse

Mike Dobrich- Truman State

Gabe Krahn- Quincy

2022-
Joe Thompson- Western Illinois

JT Harris- Indianapolis

Derek Whaley- Minnesota State

Charlie Fordon- Lake Forest College

Enzo De Rosa- Illinois Benedictine

I'd assume that MC would have 60 or 70 kids sprinkled oncollege roasters
They’ve had several others that played a couple years and stopped, above list are the ones that are active and I’m sure I’m missing a few. Probably 15 will be playing from last year’s Championship team

Last edited:
Reactions: Odirty

It’s amazing how many bail before game 1

It’s amazing how many bail before game 1
I don't think it's even that amazing.

You have 18 year olds trying to get used to being away from home/parents, dealing with college classes/schedules, and all the distractions around them. Combined with the load of being in a college football program, and going from being the star of their high school, to being way down on the depth chart. It's a lot for anyone to deal with.

There's no more social media love once you commit until you do the hard part and make it on to the field. Which is typically a lot harder than making it into the lineup of your high school.
Reality sets in for these players really quick. If your still playing smaller school college ball, or let’s be honest D2 and below, your doing it because you love it. As stated above it’s a lot of work, especially being on your own. Lot of these players suffer an injury and they ask themselves if the pain and punishment to their bodies is worth it anymore. I would say 40% of the players that commit to programs below D1 don’t play all 4 years. And that’s low balling it too.

Last edited:
I don't think it's even that amazing.

You have 18 year olds trying to get used to being away from home/parents, dealing with college classes/schedules, and all the distractions around them. Combined with the load of being in a college football program, and going from being the star of their high school, to being way down on the depth chart. It's a lot for anyone to deal with.
I understand all that. I have a kid doing it right now, but I'm talking about kids that never even made it into a classroom, let alone doing the classwork.

Reactions: net-se
Reality sets in for these players really quick. If your still playing smaller school college ball, or let’s be honest D2 and below, your doing it becasue you love it. As stated above it’s a lot of work, especially being on your own. Lot of these players suffer an injury and they ask themselves if the pain and punishment to their bodies is worth it anymore. I would say 40% of the players that commit to programs below D1 don’t play all 4 years. And that’s low balling it too.
You ain't lying. I remember my son's coach telling us that our kids would be calling us in tears begging to come home and the worst thing we could do is let them.

Amount of players gaining an undergrad degree in 4-6 years from the school at which they started or ANYWHERE?

MC players playing in College still, that I know of from the class of 2019 on....some of the 2019 class may have used up their time but I’ll put them down in case they used their Covid year. Again players I KNOW of, if anyone is forgotten, feel free to add

Pat Sczeaniak- Army West Point

Marcelo Mendiola- SIU by way of Bowling Green and Cincinnati

Matt Lenti- Dayton

Rad Premovic, Eddie McGee and Davion Brooks- Northern Michigan

Dominic Barbosa- Roosevelt

Jalen Grant- Purdue after starting 3 seasons at Bowling Green

Buddy Reardon- Iowa (Long snapper)

Justin Lynch- NIU by way of Temple

Kenenna Odeluga- Illinois

Ben Perry- Louisville

Austin Heygood- Notre Dame College

Sean Brady- Lake Forest College

Jack Butcher- Wisconsin La Crosse

Mike Dobrich- Truman State

Gabe Krahn- Quincy

2022-
Joe Thompson- Western Illinois

JT Harris- Indianapolis

Derek Whaley- Minnesota State

Charlie Fordon- Lake Forest College

Enzo De Rosa- Illinois Benedictine
Younger Perry is at TIU(will be transferring)

Miles Smith is at Quincy as well

Reactions: McCaravan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT