ADVERTISEMENT

How is The FVC looking this year? Seems a bit too quiet

Based on some teams losing A LOT to graduation I would view Cary-Grove as the favorite with the return of their backfield, some linemen and their consistent Coaching staff. I think Priester is their wild card. Will he be the QB or play on the defensive side of the ball. The kid throws 93-95mph and is committed to TCU for baseball and plays ball all summer long. The option is something that takes rep after rep to get your timing and "mesh" down. Not sure you step in day 1 of practice and start that process. C.L. South has 2 of the top offensive linemen in the State (including the #1 rated player in the State in Keegan). Do they have enough athletes to fill in around them? Huntley is a monster school in a 5a conference. Sounds like they have some studs on the defensive side of the ball and their new QB was impressive this summer at some 7 v 7 along with a receiver that dominated and was very quick. The biggest question will be Prairie Ridge. After going 28-0 over two years and then graduating an incredible Senior class it will be interesting to see how they reload. Superman was truly something special and we may not see a more dominant player for years. The new regime will need to be a bit more multi-faceted than simply having the QB truck people all the way down the field. C.L. Central was a playoff team last year and had a lot of underclassmen playing up so it will be interesting to see if they can keep their playoff run going. Jacobs is the last team that appears to have the ability to contend for the conference crown. They return their QB, some athletes and a monster on the offensive line. Another larger enrollment school in the conference with a consistent coaching staff coaching staff that made the playoffs last year. Should be a fun year in the Fox since graduation last year hit the "reset" button on the entire conference. Every week should up in the air which usually calls for some exciting football!

Based on some teams losing A LOT to graduation I would view Cary-Grove as the favorite with the return of their backfield, some linemen and their consistent Coaching staff. I think Priester is their wild card. Will he be the QB or play on the defensive side of the ball. The kid throws 93-95mph and is committed to TCU for baseball and plays ball all summer long. The option is something that takes rep after rep to get your timing and "mesh" down. Not sure you step in day 1 of practice and start that process. C.L. South has 2 of the top offensive linemen in the State (including the #1 rated player in the State in Keegan). Do they have enough athletes to fill in around them? Huntley is a monster school in a 5a conference. Sounds like they have some studs on the defensive side of the ball and their new QB was impressive this summer at some 7 v 7 along with a receiver that dominated and was very quick. The biggest question will be Prairie Ridge. After going 28-0 over two years and then graduating an incredible Senior class it will be interesting to see how they reload. Superman was truly something special and we may not see a more dominant player for years. The new regime will need to be a bit more multi-faceted than simply having the QB truck people all the way down the field. C.L. Central was a playoff team last year and had a lot of underclassmen playing up so it will be interesting to see if they can keep their playoff run going. Jacobs is the last team that appears to have the ability to contend for the conference crown. They return their QB, some athletes and a monster on the offensive line. Another larger enrollment school in the conference with a consistent coaching staff coaching staff that made the playoffs last year. Should be a fun year in the Fox since graduation last year hit the "reset" button on the entire conference. Every week should up in the air which usually calls for some exciting football!
I believe the FOX has more 6A and 7A schools than 5A! I know you will all laugh at me for saying this, but I believe that Dundee Crown might make some noise in the FOX this year.

Reactions: lkhammer57
I believe the FOX has more 6A and 7A schools than 5A! I know you will all laugh at me for saying this, but I believe that Dundee Crown might make some noise in the FOX this year.
Correct....I was meaning 6a and yet typed 5a.

Reactions: MR. "T"
Huntley to the DVC?

That’s got to be 45 miles or so. Not sure the best route - guessing I90 to Schaumburg and then down the dreaded 355 which is under construction to I88west and exit Ogden for the Napers and Route 59 or Eola for the Valleys?

Or maybe I90 to Hoffman Estates and jump on Route 59 for the stomach churning,..Stop Light Lurching....Drive all the way down RT 59 to Aurora/Naperville.

I do the Schaumburg to South Naperville commute quite a bit and that portion is brutal.

I think I might try my luck and Patience with 30 miles of RT 59 and a stoplight every 100ft where I can stop and get a Big Gulp at the speedway or 7-Eleven.

Last edited:
Wow! Prairie Ridge's enrollment is 1436 and Huntley is at 3045. If you combined P.R. and C-G it would basically equal Huntley High School. Has Huntley's lower levels been able to schedule some games with some other district's so that their Underclassmen get some playing time? With the new JV set-up on Saturday mornings it seems like those kids might not have the ability to compete on a weekly basis.

I would agree, from talking to some FVC coaches, they're saying Crown is returning a TON of starters. If that is true it will make it very interesting. Since the conference lost those smaller schools, resulting in cutting down from 2 divisions to 1 9 team division, it has really resulted in this being a very interesting a tough conference year in and year out

I would agree, from talking to some FVC coaches, they're saying Crown is returning a TON of starters. If that is true it will make it very interesting. Since the conference lost those smaller schools, resulting in cutting down from 2 divisions to 1 9 team division, it has really resulted in this being a very interesting a tough conference year in and year out

D.C. Suds gone at Cary. Great Coach will be missed,he is with Mike Noll at R.B.
Have not confirmed anywhere about Suds joining the R-B coaching staff. Max Preps is showing a “Sutherland” but no first name and I know there was a Sutherland at Burlington Central years ago.

Have not confirmed anywhere about Suds joining the R-B coaching staff. Max Preps is showing a “Sutherland” but no first name and I know there was a Sutherland at Burlington Central years ago.
Actually just read on McHenry County Sports that R-B just added Steve Wood as their DC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT