ADVERTISEMENT

How did the Class of 2018 pan out?

DadCoachSports

Jun 29, 2020
1. Luke Ford - Transfered from Georgia to Illinois. Started all 12 games for the Illini in 2021. Has a season remaining in Champaign.
2. MIcah Jones - Transfered from Notre Dame to Illinois State. Played in 7 games for ISU in 2021.
3. Devin Orourke - Played in 22 games over 4 seasons at Northwestern.
4. Jack Sanborn - All Big 10 Linebacker - Undrafted free agent signed by Bears.
5. Quincy Patternson - Transfered from VT to NDSU.

....Will continue more when I have time.

1. Luke Ford - Transfered from Georgia to Illinois. Started all 12 games for the Illini in 2021. Has a season remaining in Champaign.
2. MIcah Jones - Transfered from Notre Dame to Illinois State. Played in 7 games for ISU in 2021.

OK and the point is....

I actually find this an interesting topic, especially in the off season
It is but people get offended since sometimes Tommy Football doesn’t pan out. Who cares the kid got four years of a free education and if he was smart enough to use the system to his advantage he will get a better job out of college then he should due to the simple fact that he was good at hut hut.

Reactions: Gene K.
Mount Carmel’s OL Jeremy Cooper who started on Cincinnati’s College Playoff team this past season has graduated but will be returning to Cincy for his graduate season.

MC’s IMG transfers Houston Griffith and Verdis Brown will also be returning to ND and Illini for their graduate year.

MC’s former do everything football player Alek Thomas should be in the Arizona Diamondbacks MLB lineup very soon I’m hearing after killing it in the Minors. No surprise there!

6. Mike OLaughlin - WVU - One year remaining. Coming back from knee injury. Played in 5 games in '21 starting 3.
7. Tyrik Henderson - Went from NIU to Iowa Western CC.
8. Elijah (Jamaal) Teague - Rostered at MN 18. 19, did not compete in '20 and hard to find where he is now.
9. Noah Shannon - Honorable Mention All Big 10 in '21. Has one year of eligibility remaining.
10. Bryce Effner - Made two starts at Penn State at Left Tackle in '21. Has one year of eligibility remaining.
11. Wyatt Blake - Northwestern. Played in one game in '21. Has a Sr season coming in '22.
12. Dashaun Mallory - Michigan State - Two-year letterwinner has played in 22 career games, including two starts. Has '22 Sr season remaining.
13. Ben Bryant - Cincy to Eastern Michigan. Finished '21 season as starting QB. '22 Sr Season remaining.
14. Jeff Jenkins - Iowa....retired but then entered transfer portal. Do not see him rostered anywhere.
15. Coran Taylor - Illinois - Switched from QB to DB. Not currently on IL roster has entered the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: NNFAN
6. Mike OLaughlin - WVU - One year remaining. Coming back from knee injury. Played in 5 games in '21 starting 3.
8. Elijah (Jamaal) Teague - Rostered at MN 18. 19, did not compete in '20 and hard to find where he is now.
9. Noah Shannon - Honorable Mention All Big 10 in '21. Has one year of eligibility remaining.
10. Bryce Effner - Made two starts at Penn State at Left Tackle in '21. Has one year of eligibility remaining.
11. Wyatt Blake - Northwestern. Played in one game in '21. Has a Sr season coming in '22.
12. Dashaun Mallory - Michigan State - Two-year letterwinner has played in 22 career games, including two starts. Has '22 Sr season remaining.
13. Ben Bryant - Cincy to Eastern Michigan. Finished '21 season as starting QB. '22 Sr Season remaining.
14. Jeff Jenkins - Iowa....retired but then entered transfer portal. Do not see him rostered anywhere.
15. Coran Taylor - Illinois - Switched from QB to DB. Not currently on IL roster has entered the transfer portal.
I hoping for big things out of Noah Shannon this season

Reactions: kkhawk
what about all the dudes from phillips? i think terrance taylor played some at toledo. not sure about the others.
Another MC castaway to Phillips. Left MC 3 weeks before the start of his senior season. Anyway he has done decent in his time at Toledo. I believe he has another year of eligibility he will be using and will return for the 22 season.

I think these threads show what everyone outside of IL knows…..the talent in this state is mediocre at best when looking at power 5 production and draft prospects.

I’m not sure why, outside of East Side, that is the case. It certainly seems as though there is far less participation in the NE and MW than there is in the SE.

Interesting... the one thing I learned ... talent is not always the challenge for power 5 kids. Big time football is extremely #1 very competitive (most know that), #2 scheme constantly change that may not fit skill set #3 poor coaches (in ability to develop SA) #4 coachs change jobs every 2-3 years #5 social environment #6 it is very hard academically plus balancing football #7 no personal life. #8 it is BUSINESS # Most program only care about 12-14 kids everyone is expendable. These are my first hand experiences. An untalked part is that many SA deal with mental issues primarily driven by expectations ... society put on them. The crazy issue id that those same critics or fans do not have the physical ability to even understand what those kids go through. Patents become a physiologist to thier kids during those 3-5 years. The good news, many kids leave college with Free Bachelors & Masters Degrees. Only 2-3% of Power 5 kids make NFL Rosters. An interesting view would be ... to figure out how many Power 5 kids end up being successful business, government, professionals, etc. Food for thought !

You don't even have all these right...

Hinsdale Central
TE Matt Bjorson Indiana University - played in every game all 4 years, starting twice. Key contributor on Special Teams. Graduating and Transferring to Miami Ohio for Grad eligibility.

WR Garrett Oakey Colgate - played in 18 games with 10 starts. Graduating

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Mount Carmel’s OL Jeremy Cooper who started on Cincinnati’s College Playoff team this past season has graduated but will be returning to Cincy for his graduate season.

MC’s IMG transfers Houston Griffith and Verdis Brown will also be returning to ND and Illini for their graduate year.

MC’s former do everything football player Alek Thomas should be in the Arizona Diamondbacks MLB lineup very soon I’m hearing after killing it in the Minors. No surprise there!
Update: Alek Thomas has been called up to the Majors and will be starting for the D-Backs tonight. Great success story from the Class of 2018!

Alec Pierce GBW - Played a major role at #4 Cincinnati. Drafted 2nd round to the Colts
Fotis Kokosioulis MS - Started at NIU transferred to Fordham. #3 in TD Recs for all of FCS; has 1 more yr.
Sampson Evans P.Ridge - Transferred from Iowa to East Mich. Plays RB, 13 tds last season; has 1 more yr.

Last edited:

And you kinda have to add Greg Newsome in the 2018 group as well. First rounder
GN /IMG

My guy Perrion Winfrey from Lake Park finished strong at Oklahoma these past two seasons and fell to the 4th round in the NFL Draft to the Browns. So he joins Newsome there, who he grew up knowing & playing against.

Reactions: Gene K.
My guy Perrion Winfrey from Lake Park finished strong at Oklahoma these past two seasons and fell to the 4th round in the NFL Draft to the Browns. So he joins Newsome there, who he grew up knowing & playing against.
Actually the talent in that year of the DVC was pretty darn good.

Reactions: Hfbfan
Actually the talent in that year of the DVC was pretty darn good.
Agree. Lake Park also had Keonta Nixon go to CMU & a bunch of talented FCS/D2/D3 kids. Wheaton North was loaded that year. NC had Peyton Thorne throwing to Jaden Reed plus plenty of other talent. NN had Drake Davis throwing to Calcagno and others. GBN had loaded of skill kids (& Newsome at IMG). The Valleys had talent. WWS I am sure had plenty of kids I am not thinking of also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT