ADVERTISEMENT

How Come NBCSN Doesn't Broadcast Games Anymore?

lkhammer57

Jul 16, 2014
The subject says it all. I remember for a few years NBCSN (at the time comcast sports net) they showed a few semifinal or quarterfinal games live on TV. I know they have picked up the Iowa state championships which fall on semifinal weekend, but I want to say they did both in 2014 and 2015. Does anyone know the story behind this? I would love to see those happen again. @EdgyTim

NBCSN Chicago will televise all eight state title games next weekend live, either on the main channel or on the Plus+ channel (if there's a Blackhawks or Bulls game scheduled for Friday or Saturday evening). So at least there's that. I do wonder why NBCSN stopped televising playoff games in the other four rounds.

Also, I don't understand for the life of me why Hub Arkush has color commentated Classes 7A & 8A the last few years. His delivery is painful to listen to - play-by-play man Dave Bernhard deserves a better partner.

Back in 2012 or 13, the predecessor of NBCSN showed the first part of the 7A game on the regular channel and then switched to the + version.

If you're planning to record one of the afternoon or evening games, be prepared to make two recording settings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT