ADVERTISEMENT

Hinsdale Central at Bolingbrook

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
This should be a great match-up of two emergent Sophomore QBs. Bolingbrook's Williams appears to be more than just someone throwing to some very talented receivers. HC's Contreras appears to be much more dynamic and able to extend plays than his 3 Varsity games last year.

HCs Defense showed some spark last week, but definitely struggled to get off the field in the second half. The offense is doing some new things, and shows signs of rejuvenation and explosiveness. However, HC is still young on both sides of the ball, with only 2 starting seniors on Offense, and 1 returning starter on Defense.

What does Bolingbrook look like? I know they took on Grayslake Central, but not sure what to take away from that game. Unless the WR Screen and run is a major part of their offense.

Reactions: net-se
🤣

I was making a thread but deleted it because I just didn't have information. Watched the NC/HC game and came away with HC size advantage will be noticeable.

I'm not sure what to take away from the Grayslake C game due to them being a smaller school, other than it's always going to hurt to lose a 4* WR however, boy does JR Chico Thomas ease the pain and if the transfer AJ Jones is as advertised then we can't even complain.

Obviously HC is the favorites though.

I thought the defense played well. Gave up a td on a short field in the first half. Second half NC had a long drive. HC held on goal line stand and the push into the end zone I thought should have been blown dead. Offense is only going to get better with the young qb.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Just a modicum of sand from Mr. Bone's here. ;)
Smh

There's no sand. Only the grim realities of life. Not sure why the picks are going the way they are in the WSC thread, but if I were a betting man...

Reactions: NNFAN
Smh

There's no sand. Only the grim realities of life. Not sure why the picks are going the way they are in the WSC thread, but if I were a betting man...
Couldn’t have anything to do with a 5* QB, could it? LOL

Everyone has players. HC's OL looks like they have all 3 Allen bros on it, and 2 more guys that are bigger.
Which teams have a QB offered by Michigan as a HS freshman? The trenches can definitely help HC, but imo the game revolves around the QB. Don’t mean BB will win every game, but definitely makes sense why they are favored by most posters against HC.

Reactions: chiliconcarne
Pretty sure in 4 games between these two schools the visiting team and underdog has won all 4 games. Game's at the Tar Pit in 'Brook, unfortunately.

Just throwing it out there - While he doesn't have the same amount of hype as BB's QB, HC's QB is no slouch. From what I've been told, they play together on the National Boom team where Contreras is catching the ball. He's routinely the best athlete on the field.

Just throwing it out there - While he doesn't have the same amount of hype as BB's QB, HC's QB is no slouch. From what I've been told, they play together on the National Boom team where Contreras is catching the ball. He's routinely the best athlete on the field.
If you haven’t seen BB QB you will know why he getting the hype. He is special. Let’s. see the game then talk afterwards. No disrespect to HC’s QB I haven’t seen him play so only I can on speak on behalf of the BB QB . Should be a great game.

Contreras is going to be hard to contain especially with that big OL protecting him. And the bother Contreras, hard to cover.
If you haven’t seen BB QB you will know why he getting the hype. He is special. Let’s. see the game then talk afterwards. No disrespect to HC’s QB I haven’t seen him play so only I can on speak on behalf of the BB QB . Should be a great game.
It'll be hard to duplicate last seasons numbers because we shouldn't be passing as much so hopefully down with the yards and TDs will also result in less INTs. The Hinsdale QB is a phenomenal athlete so the eyes will be on the QB matchup.

Oh - I agree, BB QB is special. I watched BB's game on NFHS this week, and the ball gets out of his hand quick. And #1 is insane. I'm just saying I think people don't realize how entertaining this game should be tomorrow night.

Reactions: corey90
Oh - I agree, BB QB is special. I watched BB's game on NFHS this week, and the ball gets out of his hand quick. And #1 is insane. I'm just saying I think people don't realize how entertaining this game should be tomorrow night.
That wasn't us, that was Chicago Academy.

• Haha
I heard the sophomores had a barn burner last night at Bolingbrook. On their grass practice field. That only has 1 goalpost. With no lights or visible game clock. Game started at 5:30 HC kicked a FG to win 24-22 in the dark.

Apparently Aj Greene from YouTube is going to be at this game tonight, along with a bunch of other national “media”. I have no idea who he is, but looked him up and he has 1.26m subscribers. It’s going to be a circus. I guess I’ll have to get there early.

Reactions: Cross Bones
I heard the sophomores had a barn burner last night at Bolingbrook. On their grass practice field. That only has 1 goalpost. With no lights or visible game clock. Game started at 5:30 HC kicked a FG to win 24-22 in the dark.
refs clearly didn't see that it was wide right. Glad to see Brook sophs competitive. As for the field, twitter tells me a big soccer game with the malfactors directly south of here.

Apparently Aj Greene from YouTube is going to be at this game tonight, along with a bunch of other national “media”. I have no idea who he is, but looked him up and he has 1.26m subscribers. It’s going to be a circus. I guess I’ll have to get there early.
That's the word, I don't know who he is either. But thats why they didn't play the sophs before varsity. I heard something about national media, but not sure why this game of all the games.

That's the word, I don't know who he is either. But thats why they didn't play the sophs before varsity. I heard something about national media, but not sure why this game of all the games.
Might have something to do with the BB QB and WR tandem.

Welp - tough game for the Red Devils. Our offense was played well. Our defense… didn’t. BB #1 and #2 had great games - along with the QB. I thought it was an exciting game. One score, had a chance.

The one thing I’ll say about Bolingbrook - their defense is not in great physical shape. Their d-line literally stopped rushing during a play. I wish them well (HC will need the playoff points) but no way I see Bolingbrook winning the conference.

Welp - tough game for the Red Devils. Our offense was played well. Our defense… didn’t. BB #1 and #2 had great games - along with the QB. I thought it was an exciting game. One score, had a chance.

The one thing I’ll say about Bolingbrook - their defense is not in great physical shape. Their d-line literally stopped rushing during a play. I wish them well (HC will need the playoff points) but no way I see Bolingbrook winning the conference.
Probably won't beat LWE. But not every conference team will be aided the way you guys were last night. I'd say 21 of the 31 points can be directly attributed to the zebras who did everything in their power to keep this close. I would actually add their names to the stat sheet and award them the TDs.

Probably won't beat LWE. But not every conference team will be aided the way you guys were last night. I'd say 21 of the 31 points can be directly attributed to the zebras who did everything in their power to keep this close. I would actually add their names to the stat sheet and award them the TDs.
From my perspective - and after a rewatch - they could have called more. Late got out of bounds on HC QB, a straight punch to the head of an HC receiver. It definitely was not a clean game. Objectively, holding can be called on every play, and there were probably some calls HC got away with. But in my opinion, BB deserved every personal foul they got.

From my perspective - and after a rewatch - they could have called more. Late got out of bounds on HC QB, a straight punch to the head of an HC receiver. It definitely was not a clean game. Objectively, holding can be called on every play, and there were probably some calls HC got away with. But in my opinion, BB deserved every personal foul they got.
Not at all. At the end of the 1st half when you guys were driving the guy was blocking our safety after the whistle and he shed the block. Not sure how thats a personal foul on us. But I did watch blatant holds on every single play of the second half when I started watching for it. Blatant block in the back by your WR on the safety but he still made the play. Intentional grounding near your goalline not called. Random clock stoppages in the 4th quarter. The out of bounds hit was actually one they got right since your player took a cheap shot and hit our guy in the back knocking him into your QB.

This was worse than in the Grayslake game where they false started and the line judge literally threw the flag, then allowed the play to continue then during the play picked up the flag like nothing happened.

Not at all. At the end of the 1st half when you guys were driving the guy was blocking our safety after the whistle and he shed the block. Not sure how thats a personal foul on us. But I did watch blatant holds on every single play of the second half when I started watching for it. Blatant block in the back by your WR on the safety but he still made the play. Intentional grounding near your goalline not called. Random clock stoppages in the 4th quarter. The out of bounds hit was actually one they got right since your player took a cheap shot and hit our guy in the back knocking him into your QB.

This was worse than in the Grayslake game where they false started and the line judge literally threw the flag, then allowed the play to continue then during the play picked up the flag like nothing happened.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree then. What I saw were two strong offenses against two defenses that have flaws. Both QBs are studs, but very different makeup. BB #1 May be the best receiver I’ve seen live. Good luck to Bolingbrook moving forward. I’ll be rooting for them, because HC will need the playoff points. We’ll meet again week 2 next year in Hinsdale.

Reactions: Cross Bones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT