ADVERTISEMENT

Highschoolcube.com ??

I had to read this thread just because I saw The Disciple started it! Sorry, cant help you though.

Hey USD24…..can you believe it's been 30 yrs. since you and the rest of that great team won a state title?! That was a really fun year, one of my favorites.

Reactions: USD24
Great championship against Richwoods correct?

Yup. Hell of a game. JCHS drove about 60 yards in the last few minutes to win it 14 -13. i recall Richwoods(they were a very good team) had a kid that was an outstanding kicker and player. Believe he went to Northwestern.

Yup. Hell of a game. JCHS drove about 60 yards in the last few minutes to win it 14 -13. i recall Richwoods(they were a very good team) had a kid that was an outstanding kicker and player. Believe he went to Northwestern.
Ed Sutter if memory serves me correct. Played TE and punted at Northwestern. One of the better HS all around players I have seen in HS. I was at that game, really quality game.

Ed Sutter if memory serves me correct. Played TE and punted at Northwestern. One of the better HS all around players I have seen in HS. I was at that game, really quality game.

Yea, that's the guy. i couldn't remember his name right off. And yes, he was a great athlete. For me at least, it seems games like that one are few and far between anymore. Maybe i'm just getting old……..lol.

Last edited:
Yea, that's the guy. i couldn't remember his name right off. And yes, he was a great athlete. For me at least, it seems games like one that are few and far between anymore. Maybe i'm just getting old……..lol.
Welcome to the club . The 90 championship game was just as exciting. I agree but also the ones that hit home seem to be even more memorable. Kinda like I look in the mirror and see a young looking Mel Gibson....can't seem to get the wifey to agree though.....

Welcome to the club . The 90 championship game was just as exciting. I agree but also the ones that hit home seem to be even more memorable. Kinda like I look in the mirror and see a young looking Mel Gibson....can't seem to get the wifey to agree though.....

That's funny. …………those days were special………sometimes i miss them more than i should

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT