ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Triad dangerous teams down south

Highland seems to be especially dangerous this year! They put a beating on an Alton team that gave E'Ville, Belleville West and E. St. Louis all they could handle. I think that they are going to do VERY well in the playoffs.

Reactions: Pennst79
Triad played highland very well without there top running back who played last night really good def but I agree highland is very talented!!

Coach Bassler was a first-year assistant coach my senior year. He was given running backs - and this was Hickey’s senior year too.

He’s a no-nonsense kind of a guy - but I think he was initially shocked by the culture of my class but soon just rode the wave. He was a cool guy and I always root for Triad because of him.

Highland and Rochester will be a 50-49 type game. They will face each other. The rest of the south is fodder.

Highland is the best team in the area this year. Very talented QB, speedy and an discipline defense. Would have love to see them in 5A this year. Wanted a matchup with Phillips for state.

Triad is good as well just not the offensive juggernaut that Highland is.

Highland will be NO match for Rochester. It will be men against boys. The Rockets are too refined of a team for anyone in 4A, North or South, to deal with.
In regard to Highland, I think the Bulldogs should consider it a good effort if they get within 30 of Rochester. Get within 20 and they should start popping the corks!!

No offense meant to Highland, but you all have to realize that we are not talking about a normal small school football program when talking about Rochester.

Highland will be NO match for Rochester. It will be men against boys. The Rockets are too refined of a team for anyone in 4A, North or South, to deal with.
In regard to Highland, I think the Bulldogs should consider it a good effort if they get within 30 of Rochester. Get within 20 and they should start popping the corks!!

No offense meant to Highland, but you all have to realize that we are not talking about a normal small school football program when talking about Rochester.

Foolish post. Will show it too you later. Highland's offense is every bit as good as Rochester's.

You’d put them above Flyer?
I'm a Flyer at heart. It hurts to even say it but yes. ESL is rebuilding this year. QB is banged up, what should have been the top running back in the area, out for the year in the first play of the season.

Next man up is not working in our favor this year. Last night was very disappointing for me watching them hang on against Alton. I'm hopeful we can turn it around in the playoffs but the odds are not in our favor.

Is this Rochester team better than last year team?

I'm a Flyer at heart. It hurts to even say it but yes. ESL is rebuilding this year. QB is banged up, what should have been the top running back in the area, out for the year in the first play of the season.

Next man up is not working in our favor this year. Last night was very disappointing for me watching them hang on against Alton. I'm hopeful we can turn it around in the playoffs but the odds are not in our favor.
Is Perez out?

The QB is elite - does not make mistakes. the other skills not at the level of individual greatness of last year, but a solid bunch all around. This is a Derek Leonard QB.

So last year...
Rochester was carried in the title game by the twins. Solid team overall (of course), but definitely carried by the twins.
Big INTs on D, made the spectacular plays on O.
If this is the case, and I have no reason to doubt cru90, there may be a very small sliver of hope for the rest of 4A.

If an East Side guy admits this ... yikes.

At the same time, East Side in 7A is no cake walk. They embody “playoff hockey.”

Pretty sure his area does not inlcude Metro East. No, he doesn't think Highland is better than the Flyers.
The area where I grew up is Tez’s area and that includes Highland. I remember vividly, Touchdown Billy Greenwald. Played him (froze my ass off on the sideline I mean), as a sophomore in the playoffs.

Another measure of being in “the area:” I had a side piece from Highland when I went to SIUE.

That’s Metro East.

Is this Rochester team better than last year team?

Yes. This team for the entire regular season has ZERO turnovers, NONE. No interceptions, no fumbles, nada. Their defense is also better than last year on the whole, although maybe not as dynamic in the defensive backfield like the twins were last year. No way is Highland's offense the equal of Rochester's, not even close.

Yes. This team for the entire regular season has ZERO turnovers, NONE. No interceptions, no fumbles, nada. Their defense is also better than last year on the whole, although maybe not as dynamic in the defensive backfield like the twins were last year. No way is Highland's offense the equal of Rochester's, not even close.

Highland 461 Points, Rochester 449

Keep trying

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
So last year...
Rochester was carried in the title game by the twins. Solid team overall (of course), but definitely carried by the twins.
Big INTs on D, made the spectacular plays on O.
If this is the case, and I have no reason to doubt cru90, there may be a very small sliver of hope for the rest of 4A.
What I wrote I intended to convey that the rest of 4A is Effed ... probably. It will be your secondary against Nic Baker finding just one open receiver every four plays. Or maybe he tucks it away - the string bean from last year bulked up and runs it very well too.

Rochester is the prohibitive favorite and I think Highland follows closely.

That said, the games get played by testosterone pumped young men, Anything can happen, What no one else can claim is to have kicked Nic Baker's backside - except Althoff when they sacked him 10 times last year in the strangest quarterfinals I can remember.

This year's front 7 is bigger, fast and stronger, but the D backfield is much less talented compared to last year. It depends on how quick Nic can find a guy to throw to.

For sure, Althoff can/will lean on a team with the run. If the pass is not there, they will get a first down in three plays.

It's time to see what's what!

Reactions: dcaudle68
I still say game last year they ended up handily winning vs Johnsburg, but without a handful of brilliant individual plays by the twins it’s a different ballgame.
That’s not even mentioning the nail biter vs Althoff that propelled them to the title game.

I tried to tell you people, but I give up. Rochester is not of this world, and making them have to play before awarding them the trophy is an insult to them and, frankly, unfair to the rest of the 4A field. For coaches to tell their teams before the game that they have a chance against the Rockets and then to go out and get pounded is NOT the way to gain the kids' trust. It may lead them to never trust what an adult tells them again.

I tried to tell you people, but I give up. Rochester is not of this world, and making them have to play before awarding them the trophy is an insult to them and, frankly, unfair to the rest of the 4A field. For coaches to tell their teams before the game that they have a chance against the Rockets and then to go out and get pounded is NOT the way to gain the kids' trust. It may lead them to never trust what an adult tells them again.
No one enjoys this schtick.

Reactions: doctor_d
I still say game last year they ended up handily winning vs Johnsburg, but without a handful of brilliant individual plays by the twins it’s a different ballgame.
That’s not even mentioning the nail biter vs Althoff that propelled them to the title game.
The Wyoming twin is one of just a couple true freshmen playing. Althoff’s CJ Colton redshirting as a cornerback with him

Well played sir.

In your weird little world you seem to have 2 teams that everyone should just fall over for to worship as unbeatable. Supermans team and the Rockets. What happens if they played Hinter? Does the universe implode and become a causality of the titanic clash?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT