ADVERTISEMENT

High School Hockey Fans

PC Dad_MC Grad

Aug 22, 2018
i know this is a football forum, I was curious to know if we could start and maintain a single thread on high school hockey. Any takers? Especially fans of NT, LA, St Viator, St Ignatius, Stevenson etc etc and other competitive programs

LA currently is the State 8A Football Champ, Defending State Hockey Champ and Defending Boys State Lacrosse Champ.......we brought the "band" - to a lot of the Hockey and Lacrosse games as well.....that "ChiTown Chugger guy ....really helped us out........"

Reactions: Bowie50
although I am told by the "hockey crowd" which may be way crazier/insane than the "football crowd" - that HS Hockey is nothing when compared to Triple AAA and that the real deal is there........so all you have to be able to do is pay 15-20 grand a year to play ....and travel around for 20 weeks a year to ensure you son's NHL success...........but not my gig.......but seems way more crazier and expensive than HS Football that is for sure...........but I will let the hockey "crowd" ........comment........

although I am told by the "hockey crowd" which may be way crazier/insane than the "football crowd" - that HS Hockey is nothing when compared to Triple AAA and that the real deal is there........so all you have to be able to do is pay 15-20 grand a year to play ....and travel around for 20 weeks a year to ensure you son's NHL success...........but not my gig.......but seems way more crazier and expensive than HS Football that is for sure...........but I will let the hockey "crowd" ........comment........
AAA hockey is the real deal. The Mission, Chicago Young Americans, Fury, etc. Only high school teams, right now, in state that could compete against AAA teams are
NT and LA, everyone else gets squashed!

Hockey fans for sure crazy bunch. I was in that mix when I watched MC back in late 70s/early 80s. MC and StL ruled the roost back then.

AAA hockey is the real deal. The Mission, Chicago Young Americans, Fury, etc. Only high school teams, right now, in state that could compete against AAA teams are

Hockey fans for sure crazy bunch. I was in that mix when I watched MC back in late 70s/early 80s. MC and StL ruled the roost back then.
I’ll give you MC obviously but St. Rita had 82 state champs and 84, 86 final four. StL was also very good. Great games. I thought those buildings would fall with the crowds. Great memories

The first lines of NT and LA have players of AAA caliber, but from top to bottom there is no way they can hang with those programs. LA has played in the Prep League for years and has pretty much been at the bottom of that league year in and year out.

Last edited:
Triple AAA... so 9 As?

I know you're mad at the school for the Lenti situation, but there's no need for this level of sarcasm.
If you met me, you’d know that there is ALWAYS need for this level of sarcasm. I consider myself a failure if I don’t make my wife cry before breakfast.

Hockey, lacrosse, specialization, club sports, declining population/enrollment ... putting a quality 11 inside the white lines (and winning) is not getting any easier in most places.

Wasn't there an article not long ago about these clubs keeping the costs artificially high?

The first lines of NT and LA have players of AAA caliber, but from top to bottom there is no way they can hang with those programs. LA has played in the Prep League for years and has pretty much been at the bottom of that league year in and year out.

if you are not from Minnesota/Wisconsin/or the east coast(high school hockey teams), you are not even getting a sniff, if you play for an illinois high school team. unless they are superstars.
Illinois kids need to start out in these programs at 10u and progress. team Illinois and mission and start looking for (junior a) teams to get a tryout. if they are serious players. some will get to play in small colleges or something. but, if you really want to play hockey, you need to go the juniors route and gain as much experience as possible

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT