ADVERTISEMENT

Guerin hires New AD....

guerinfbfan

Sep 25, 2005
Per sources,

Guerin Prep has officially hired Rob Wennington as their new athletic director effective as of today. Rob is the son of Chicago Bulls current announcer, Bill Wennington.

Rob was a former football player at Loyola Academy, as well as Boston College, has had career stops with the Boston Red Sox, and was most recently working with Northwestern University as a graduate assistant.

Best of luck to Rob and the athletes at Guerin this upcoming school year!

Last edited:
Per sources,

Guerin Prep has officially hired Rob Wennington as their new athletic director effective as of today. Rob is the son of Chicago Bulls current announcer, Bill Wennington.

Rob was a former football player at Loyola Academy, as well as Boston College, has had career stops with the Boston Red Sox, and was most recently working with Northwestern University as a graduate assistant.

Best of luck to Rob and the athletes at Guerin this upcoming school year!

What happened to the former AD, Carlson? How long has the position been vacant?

Didn't he just graduate from LA not too long ago? Seems too young to be an AD.
I never understood a school hiring an AD that has never been a head coach of a Varsity Sport.

Didn't he just graduate from LA not too long ago? Seems too young to be an AD.
I never understood a school hiring an AD that has never been a head coach of a Varsity Sport.
Happens more often in private schools. Public high schools you need an administrative certificate to be an AD. No need at a private school. I’ve see young guys with no teaching experience do his as a stepping stone of sorts.

Can't do much worse. I think the football program has won like 5 games in the last 3 years in one of the weakest conferences the state. Not including some CPL conferences.

I am all in on Guerin Basketball

Don't hold your breath.

Two winning seasons in the school's history in hoops. They haven't been a force in hoops even back to the Crusader days. Their best season in years was in 01-02 when they went 23-6.

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath.

Two winning seasons in the school's history in hoops. They haven't been a force in hoops even back to the Crusader days. Their best season in years was in 01-02 when they went 23-6.
In Izzo I trust

Don't hold your breath.

HC had a really good squad in the late 1970s. I think it was either 77 or 78. Some star player got hurt and derailed the whole thing. They were in the AP poll top 20.

Don't hold your breath.

The last "Battle of Belmont" basketball game between Pats and Cross in early 03 was one of the greatest sport events I ever witnessed. I believe that was HC's last year in the ESCC before the went to the CCL for their last year as HC. Cross was up 10 halfway through the 4th and the Shamrocks stormed back and won in regulation. The crowd at St. Pat's gym was beyond fire code capacity. One of those magical nights in high school sports. What a great rivalry that was in both football and basketball

Don’t forget Dennis McGuire. He was a member of the DePaul Final Four team and fan favorite along with Sam Manella.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT