ADVERTISEMENT

Great win for SR

Playing a CCL Blue team =/= playing a CAL Blue game.

Notre Dame played Benet week 2. It was an ESCC opponent but NOT an ESCC game. MC has lost 8 Blue games in a row. It's not a debate.

Reactions: USD24
@Cross Bones @MS4EVER @Wittymoniker1

They announce the uniform combo for the weekend game on Tuesday on their athletics twitter feed at StRitaAthletics. Maybe they'll go with the all blue again vs Loyola for Ms4ever and Witt Monk but throw in the SR helmet for bonesy and call it the "edgy special.
I liked the all blues too but the SR helmet would top it off, although who knows how the color combo would work. When we wore the white helmet with the all black we kind of looked like astronauts

They mattered to SR and BR or they wouldn't have shown upl You said something wrong and were called out on it. This isn't "Meet the Press" where you can give a whiny answer and get away with it.

Give a whiny answer? Mc hasn't won a conference game since September 18 2015 fact. The only whiny one hear is you . Mt carmel is not good and you can't handle it grow up. Have fun in the green the next two years if not more.

Give a whiny answer? Mc hasn't won a conference game since September 18 2015 fact. The only whiny one hear is you . Mt carmel is not good and you can't handle it grow up. Have fun in the green the next two years if not more.

I've been told off by somebody who still uses the trite expression, "Chitown." Ouch!

You made a statement that didn't hold up ... you were called out on that, and then you tried to run and hide. I don't know which school, if any, you attended, but if you were one of our Prep Bowl victims, then you are a very poor loser.

I've been told off by somebody who still uses the trite expression, "Chitown." Ouch!

You made a statement that didn't hold up ... you were called out on that, and then you tried to run and hide. I don't know which school, if any, you attended, but if you were one of our Prep Bowl victims, then you are a very poor loser.

I am a providence alumni. My statement still holds true. Your the only one in denial about that fact. When did I run and hide?

Prep Bowl games are not CCL Blue games, chitown-irish is right... 8 in a row. The Prep Bowl is the CBI of Chicago HS football. The only way to qualify is to LOSE in the big boy playoffs first. At the end of the season, maybe the Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, NY Jets, and SF 49ers can schedule a "Everyone Gets A Trophy" Bowl with the winner throwing a big parade. What a celebration... being the best of the worst.
I never understood the hating on the Prep Bowl. It tradition and allows kids to keep playing a game they love to play for just a little bit longer. That's not "everyone gets a trophy"
Thats playing because you don't want to end your career.

I am a providence alumni. My statement still holds true. Your the only one in denial about that fact. When did I run and hide?

I'm not in denial about anything. I can tell when things are going well and when they're not. Despite the most impressive record in the history of Ilinois prep football, we've had plenty of seasons where we weren't pleased with the results. I was a student during one of them.

I would have preferred to be in the state playoffs last year instead of the Prep Bowl, but it wasn't to be -- and I understood that. You made a sweeping mistake about my school's recent record and you were wrong. We beat SR and BR last November. Trust me, both of those teams wanted to win very badly. It was certainly CCL Blue to them, the coaches and fans.

You have a hair up your fragile little fanny, and you need to pluck it out.

Last edited:
Playing a CCL Blue team =/= playing a CAL Blue game.

Notre Dame played Benet week 2. It was an ESCC opponent but NOT an ESCC game. MC has lost 8 Blue games in a row. It's not a debate.

Who cares how you classify ESCC games. Get real.

I never understood the hating on the Prep Bowl. It tradition and allows kids to keep playing a game they love to play for just a little bit longer. That's not "everyone gets a trophy"
No hating at all. Just not sold on the point (from a certain poster) that the Prep Bowl deserves equal billing as a regular season conference game.

Reactions: RockSoup
Who cares how you classify ESCC games. Get real.

What was Mount Carmel's conference record last year? What is their conference record this year? That is how peoole classify "Blue games". You didn't prove anyone wrong. But i digress. You can go on living in your own world.

Reactions: ssfb2123
What was Mount Carmel's conference record last year? What is their conference record this year? That is how peoole classify "Blue games". You didn't prove anyone wrong. But i digress. You can go on living in your own world.

You got me. Who am I to argue with the prestige of the ESCC?

Changing the subject from this weird debate between one and many.

Blue Frosh race which I had predicted to be a dogfight is getting good. MC beat SR 35-20 this morning taking them to 2-0. Both classes for each team are very talented. Hope they get a chance to meet again when they are older.

PC frosh beat BR 26-20. BR beat Marist 21-14 to start the year.

Frosh football is great barstool talk but most people like the scores to gauge future competiveness. Happy to say these classes' games should all be competitive and tight as they move up the ranks. I guess 4 more years of tums and losing more hair.

Well some guys like to play the prep bowl thing from both sides. If your in the IHSA playoffs past the first two games they say to the teams who were eliminated sarcastically “enjoy the prep bowl”. But if you do not even qualify for the state playoffs then the prep bowl is the only thing you can hang your hat on. And without Thomas MC may not win a game in the blue this year either. If they had the IMG kids then maybe it’s a different story.

The BR/MC game is huge this week for both teams.

@Cross Bones @MS4EVER @Wittymoniker1

They announce the uniform combo for the weekend game on Tuesday on their athletics twitter feed at StRitaAthletics. Maybe they'll go with the all blue again vs Loyola for Ms4ever and Witt Monk but throw in the SR helmet for bonesy and call it the "edgy special.
Call me old fashion but I like they're red jersey, white pants combo. I want MC to bring back the yellow pants!!

Whenever any two of those teams meet, it counts and it matters. It's CCL Blue.

No offense, but how much would you know about the big boy playoffs? What's your record in regards to chasing the big trophy?
If he's a Naperville North fan, they won one in '92 against an awesome LA team.

Call me old fashion but I like they're red jersey, white pants combo. I want MC to bring back the yellow pants!!

I like the all blue and the all white. Very expensive to buy a second set of helmets for everyone. I normally sit with someone who was one of the several people who sprang for that.

to see the multiple uniform combinations click on the below link
https://twitter.com/StRitaAthletics

Last edited:
I know you didn't have the best week last week, but early line, can the Mustangs cover the 17 point spread LA will be giving?

While I did pick MC to win the part about would Rita even score was tongue in check. I thought Thomas would have been the game changer,

Loyola will win but should be a good game. Rita should cover the spread.

I know you didn't have the best week last week, but early line, can the Mustangs cover the 17 point spread LA will be giving?

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Spread is 6 on Calpreps and 25 on Massey. But Massey was dead wrong on MC-SR, and Calpreps was slightly better on MA-MCHS.

I'm going to delegate this one to the hot hand.

Feeto, step in here and set the line.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Spread is 6 on Calpreps and 25 on Massey. But Massey was dead wrong on MC-SR, and Calpreps was slightly better on MA-MCHS.

I'm going to delegate this one to the hot hand.

Feeto, step in here and set the line.

Yes, Feeto will address this. Let's just take the average from adding Calpreps and Massey, which is 31, then divide by 2. And lo' and behold, it's 15.5.

Reactions: ignazio
Back in the day, Rita's road jersey was all white pants and white tops with red numbering. I thought looking like Penn State was a real cool thing.
Wit,back in the 70's we wore white home with blue pants and all blue on the road.

I agree. Must be the era we grew up in. But I loved when SR played MC at Gately in the late 80s / early 90s and Rita wore all white and MC had the brown jerseys and yellow pants.

Reactions: McCaravan

Ouch.

I went with the edgy special. Blue, blue, white SR helmets. Went for best contrast with LA who I think wears gold, white, burgundy helmets.

The question is @MS4EVER when do we get to choose your color for the Nike hat, black or red?

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT