ADVERTISEMENT

Great win for SR

Carmels defense is a wreck. Saw nothing but lazy plays. They really need to bring in personal that knows the spread.

He's a Montini Catholic (MCHS) supporter. Was probably just curious of some minor details.

OrangeWhips--always the sane one, just telling it like it is.
You Reeters guys are whiny.

And why are you bitching about us Reeters guys being "whiny?" You are something else! Hey, it's all good. Big win for Rita and just trying to rile things up a little. Keep up the good work, Chief.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
MC was embarrassing to watch tonight. After scoring easily on the opening drive, they were dominated the rest of the game. I've never seen Coach Frank so incredibly out coached before. It seemed like he gave up in the 3rd quarter. WE'RE IN BIG TROUBLE. PLAYOFFS!?!?!?

Reactions: McCaravan
Wasn't able to watch the game, but was it MC's defensive backs that hurt the defense?
IMO yes on D, especially #6....Thomas started outstanding and just went downhill. Nakos was a non factor. Dias started great then was abandoned. Davis with 5 carries...tip your cap to Rita, their game plan was executed excellent

Loyola coach at the SR/PC game said he though MC did themselves a disservice play two weak opponents to start the year. But no one is beating the door down to play MC either. I thought SR was looking past STL last week.

I saw the opening drives both teams and had to leave. Thought the score was going to be 49-49 at the end of the game.

Will watch reply Sunday. Did MC run out of gas in 2nd half or did SR just play that well.

Carmels defense is a wreck. Saw nothing but lazy plays. They really need to bring in personal that knows the spread.
They need to be able to throw the ball. It took them 7 min to score in the beginning of the 4th.

Reactions: feeto
Loyola coach at the SR/PC game said he though MC did themselves a disservice play two weak opponents to start the year. But no one is beating the door down to play MC either. I thought SR was looking past STL last week.

I saw the opening drives both teams and had to leave. Thought the score was going to be 49-49 at the end of the game.

Will watch reply Sunday. Did MC run out of gas in 2nd half or did SR just play that well.
No....they did not run out of gas. They were dominated in every aspect. Rita had a much better defense. Rita had a much better offense. Rita had a much better special teams. Rita had a much better game plan.

Reactions: RockSoup
Alek Thomas was clearly rusty in the passing game. MC is simply not good enough to withstand 2-3 turnovers a game.

Rita out hit and out coached MC. The question begs to be asked, how much longer is Lenti going to be around?

Mc has lost 8 straight blue games.

And may NEVER win another one if they don't beat BR and PC
Alek Thomas was clearly rusty in the passing game. MC is simply not good enough to withstand 2-3 turnovers a game.

Rita out hit and out coached MC. The question begs to be asked, how much longer is Lenti going to be around?

I'd say for a while; way easier go of it when MC goes Green, just racking up those conference victories. Getting a guaranteed 4/5 wins in conference allows MC to schedule maybe one strong non-conference opponent during Week 1 or 2.

Great crowd. Great atmosphere. SR was solid in all 3 phases of the game. The D was phenomenal (besides the 80yd dive). So hard to defend the veer, gotta stay in your gap, fill cut back lanes and wrap up. SR tackled the best I've seen them tackle in awhile.

Offense executed an excellent game plan with many of their weapons. Best video game play was a designed pass that broke down and looked like 8 and 1 improvised a bit and 1 made an OBJ catch down to the one yd line.

MC is not done by any means. 27 makes you hold your breath any time he has the ball. They'll figure when and where to use their weapons and would hate to see this MC team later in the season.

But tonight was Rita's night and they executed well.

Great crowd. Great atmosphere. SR was solid in all 3 phases of the game. The D was phenomenal (besides the 80yd dive). So hard to defend the veer, gotta stay in your gap, fill cut back lanes and wrap up. SR tackled the best I've seen them tackle in awhile.

Offense executed an excellent game plan with many of their weapons. Best video game play was a designed pass that broke down and looked like 8 and 1 improvised a bit and 1 made an OBJ catch down to the one yd line.

MC is not done by any means. 27 makes you hold your breath any time he has the ball. They'll figure when and where to use their weapons and would hate to see this MC team later in the season.

But tonight was Rita's night and they executed well.

You did well. Congratulations.

Reactions: RockSoup
MC was embarrassing to watch tonight. After scoring easily on the opening drive, they were dominated the rest of the game. I've never seen Coach Frank so incredibly out coached before. It seemed like he gave up in the 3rd quarter. WE'RE IN BIG TROUBLE. PLAYOFFS!?!?!?

Well, you'll always have your childish pizza jokes.

I think if we had the two IGM transfers MC still would have lost that game...tip of the cap to you SR....I'll really miss this rivalry

I think if we had the two IGM transfers MC still would have lost that game...tip of the cap to you SR....I'll really miss this rivalry
Well it's only two years if SR is not the next to rotate. I believe MC has PC and LA as their crossovers next year if my source is correct. No Southside Chgo connection next two years.

Very kind of you but I think MC would be dominant with those guys. It's ridiculous this rivalry is getting a break. There is so much more to this game than just football -- two nearly identical schools with identical missions.

New offense? They have been running the current one for how long? It would take several years to install a new offense. Talent and execution is what is lacking
I've never implemented an offense nor was I ever good at X/O evaluation, but for reference, Coach Schott ran Power I since he was an assistant in 1962 until scrapping that around 2005 at which time the entire program went Run and Shoot or Spread. It worked right away.

How long could it possibly take to change playbooks? Everyone learned and played as freshmen, right?

Those don't count I'm talking blue games that matter.

They mattered to SR and BR or they wouldn't have shown upl You said something wrong and were called out on it. This isn't "Meet the Press" where you can give a whiny answer and get away with it.

They mattered to SR and BR or they wouldn't have shown upl You said something wrong and were called out on it. This isn't "Meet the Press" where you can give a whiny answer and get away with it.
Prep Bowl games are not CCL Blue games, chitown-irish is right... 8 in a row. The Prep Bowl is the CBI of Chicago HS football. The only way to qualify is to LOSE in the big boy playoffs first. At the end of the season, maybe the Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, NY Jets, and SF 49ers can schedule a "Everyone Gets A Trophy" Bowl with the winner throwing a big parade. What a celebration... being the best of the worst.

Last edited:
I miss the SR on the Rita helmets. When did that change?
They still have them. They're like the 'brook now, they have like 9 uniform combinations. I don't know how they pick which one they wear. I'm guessing captain or team vote

Reactions: Cross Bones
Prep Bowl games are not CCL Blue games, chitown-irish is right... 8 in a row. The Prep Bowl is the CBI of Chicago HS football. The only way to qualify is to LOSE in the big boy playoffs first.

Whenever any two of those teams meet, it counts and it matters. It's CCL Blue.

No offense, but how much would you know about the big boy playoffs? What's your record in regards to chasing the big trophy?

Whenever any two of those teams meet, it counts and it matters. It's CCL Blue.

No offense, but how much would you know about the big boy playoffs? What's your record in regards to chasing the big trophy?

When Illinois plays Michigan in the NCAA tournament it's not a Big 10 game. Same thing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT