ADVERTISEMENT

Great Season MC

We turned it around and played very well against some very tough competition. Some still can't believe we beat ESL.

Reactions: Gene K.
More proud of this MC team than any other in the past 30 years. We all had them dead in the water after that De La Salle loss.

As for next year, I expect Kyle Davis to get the bulk of the carries with Radimir Premovic running the veer with a lot more confidence. Maybe as good as that Navy QB did against Notre Dame today?

As with this year, I see them losing to Loyola in the regular season with their defense improving significantly come November

Reactions: Gene K.
That MC drive in the second half that ate up almost the entire 3rd Q was impressive to say the least. Especially again a tough LZ defense. When it was 7-7 I thought LZ was in trouble, but LZ's long drive in response to make it 14-7 sealed the deal. LZ was the better team this year, no question. But that veer offense was impressive to watch.

How does MC look for next year? Any ideas? I predict MC/SR will meet in the playoffs next year.
They have a lot of talent back. 5 on offense, including Premovic at QB and Davis at RB...6 on defense. Secondary will be strong with Brooks and McGee. About 5 others with spot starts and good playing time. Soph and Freshman went 16-1 combined. They will be strong in 2018 unless someone significant transfers or gets booted

More proud of this MC team than any other in the past 30 years. We all had them dead in the water after that De La Salle loss.

As for next year, I expect Kyle Davis to get the bulk of the carries with Radimir Premovic running the veer with a lot more confidence. Maybe as good as that Navy QB did against Notre Dame today?

As with this year, I see them losing to Loyola in the regular season with their defense improving significantly come November

MC also plays Maine South week 2. So definitely will know early what they have. Future looks bright though.

They have a lot of talent back. 5 on offense, including Premovic at QB and Davis at RB...6 on defense. Secondary will be strong with Brooks and McGee. About 5 others with spot starts and good playing time. Soph and Freshman went 16-1 combined. They will be strong in 2018 unless someone significant transfers or gets booted
If they project to be strong the next few years, why agree to drop down to the Green next year? As an outside observer, the timing of that move seems odd to me. They just made a run to the 7A semi-finals and extended the 7A favorites in a close, one-TD loss. And they have good talent in the program. As I understand the the "drop down" rule, MC was eligible to do it, since they had the worst record in the Blue over a 2-year period. However, they were not required to drop down. MC had to agree to it. Again, why do it if the program is in the shape it appears to be in the near future?

Then they get one year off from the annual asskicking. Better than nothing I guess.

If they project to be strong the next few years, why agree to drop down to the Green next year? As an outside observer, the timing of that move seems odd to me. They just made a run to the 7A semi-finals and extended the 7A favorites in a close, one-TD loss. And they have good talent in the program. As I understand the the "drop down" rule, MC was eligible to do it, since they had the worst record in the Blue over a 2-year period. However, they were not required to drop down. MC had to agree to it. Again, why do it if the program is in the shape it appears to be in the near future?
I really can't tell you. It's for two seasons, it's not a life sentence, in two seasons it could be SR or BR turn. They still have LA and PC on the schedule and added Maine South, so it's not really that much of a break.

I really can't tell you. It's for two seasons, it's not a life sentence, in two seasons it could be SR or BR turn. They still have LA and PC on the schedule and added Maine South, so it's not really that much of a break.

Thanks for all the info, MC fans. Is the CCL going to be the same come 2019? Is there any talk of changing the league? I know MC is in the Green and Bronco moves to the Blue, but I thought I heard there may be some changes come 2019? Anyone in the know?

Obviously, I wished MC stayed in the Blue, but I wonder how Montini is going to be in the Blue? No matter what the record is, SR gets up for the MC game every year. Thinking out loud here--and I am only thinking what would benefit Cascia--is it better that SR faces Bronco than MC for possible winning purposes?

I just worry about the wear-and-tear in this CCL Blue, and maybe with MC out, Bronco might not be as dominating physically as MC, although Bronco can win any of these games save LA. No disrespect to Bronco, but I believe MC is more physical than most schools.

Thinking about it a little more, having to play two CCL Blue teams is better than playing all four. Maybe Coach Lenti is onto something here. For example, Batavia played basically two tough teams in their conference in SCN and SCE and have performed very well in the playoffs. I believe Batavia was well-prepared physically against a very tough playoff run in 7A.

Lenti has the luxury of scheduling a top-tier football team in the early weeks because he has a cakewalk to the Green championship. Add Rambler and PC? and it's a tough schedule for MC, but not as tough with SR and BR.

With Maine, LA and PC on the schedule I'm guessing it's probably a lay up
The schedule essentially traded BR for StL, Montini for Marmion, Still play DLS who they lost to and PC LA. PC/LA are the crosses for 2 years also. And with no SR they picked up Maine South. Not sure on week 1 yet.

The difference will be that Montini while a good program is not MC.

While watching the Wisconsin/Michigan game the color guy made reference a few times of how the BIG plays 9 conference games and each week is a physical game. He continued that while the ACC and SEC may be a tougher conference they only play 8 conference games and then they spread them out more evenly pointing out that Penn State and OSU playoffs ended not with the OSU/Penn State game but the following week when both lost.

This is the thing when you have more talented teams on your schedule the games are tougher the injuries can pile up a bit and teams do not get a breather as much.

While I know I have piled on Rice in the past, this was the thing I saw with them this year. Playing the tougher schedule is not necessary the best thing for your record or the health of your team.

I think 2 major tests on the schedule is ideal. MC has that in Maine S and LA next 2 years.

I think 2 major tests on the schedule is ideal. MC has that in Maine S and LA next 2 years.
It's not a big deal to lose Rita? I thought that was a big issue (some old time rivalries were broken up to accommodate the CMC scheduling) in the CMC days.

It's not a big deal to lose Rita? I thought that was a big issue (some old time rivalries were broken up to accommodate the CMC scheduling) in the CMC days.
I'm extremely pissed that we're not playing Rita and Rice, especially Rita. I don't know why they kept LA and PC on the schedule and no disrespect toward those schools, but we should have kept the neighborhood Rivialrys going

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
I'm extremely pissed that we're not playing Rita and Rice, especially Rita. I don't know why they kept LA and PC on the schedule and no disrespect toward those schools, but we should have kept the neighborhood Rivialrys going

Best historical rivalry in the state. The schools should have found a way to play each other, even as non-conference foes.

I know they didn't play each other in 88 during the regular season. When is the last time since then?

Best historical rivalry in the state. The schools should have found a way to play each other, even as non-conference foes.

I know they didn't play each other in 88 during the regular season. When is the last time since then?

FWIW, I went to the playoff game vs HC and the LA side was about 30% full

As I recall, that day started out pretty rainy and improved right before game time. I suspect a lot of Chicago area games that day were not well attended.

Reactions: USD24

I don't think BR is complaining too much. Went to CCL website and there is no information on this. But I found that the CCL has 4 officers who are in charge and the V.P. is from MC. Each sport has a moderator. The guy in charge of football is also the guy from MC. If everyone has to take a turn how/why did MC come up first. I would have picked last in first out. PC first followed by BR. Anyone have any insider information?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT