ADVERTISEMENT

GBW @ Maine South

Where is silver helmets and capnbill? Three days to kickoff! Can’t be in preseason slumber this long! Must be that pesky thing called work!

MS defense is loaded. GW defense is loaded. Weather could be tricky!

MS 31
GW 21

52 points doesn’t scream loaded defense to me.

Bad weate predicted for Friday night all games could be low scoring

Reactions: Bowie50
I was at the game last year and won't miss the rematch. It should be really good.
This was one of my options but now I have to be in Plainfield by 6 so now either JCA/Rita or the Battle for Jane's Ave aka Bones Bowl

I think GBW makes it competitive this year, but I have MS by 10

The last few years the Hitters have not seemed to have the same level of line play as they did when they were churning out Power 5 conference linemen each year. Typically big games come down to the trenches. They do tend to play better on artificial turf so that should help with their speed especially in the backfield. I can't see them turning the ball over as much as they did in the matchup last year so should be closer but still thinking Maine South by 10+

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
Been quiet about this one. Do the Hitters get to exact a measure of revenge for last year's debacle?

@capnbillhitters your thoughts
@MS4EVER inquiring minds want to know

So the last few years have been a blast, but the bad taste in my mouth from last year lingers. and not sure I have it in me to defend the Hitters much anymore. While I love the kids and will always have fun watching the games, my honest opinions seem to turn the wrong screws in some people in the program. I want to see them do well, but it seems rather childish to continue to pick on that wound. What good does that do anyone.

I wish everyone luck this year and hope the year plays out for everyone the way they want. Personally I think the Hitters are going to need a really good draw if they are going to play 12 games this year. 8A is just too strong and not sure GW has the depth of studs that they used to.

My other issue is that with the NFL and CFA targeting helmet tackles so much, I would assume that GW will suffer significantly. If you take away the aggressiveness that Hetlet teams thrive on, you end up with either an out sized mismatch or a lot of penalties and I can't stand all the penalties I'm seeing.

As for this game, I think the Hitters stay with MS because they have speed all over that defense and on carpet, they will fly. I like the QB and his receivers and think he may pop a few seam routes over the top. Not sure RB Cox will have as much open field considering he started last year as the 4th option on offense. He will bust lots of highlight reel runs, but can't imagine his frame carrying a 2,000 yard burden. His special teams work might add 5-6 TDs this year, but the swarming MS defense might make Friday night tough sledding.

Again, I hope everyone has a great season. I will pop in from time to time if the juices get flowing, but I will choose to let the coaches focus on the kids and opponents. Cheers

You will be missed. You had all the good information. Luckily none of the staff knows me so I can criticize anonymously.

So the last few years have been a blast, but the bad taste in my mouth from last year lingers. and not sure I have it in me to defend the Hitters much anymore. While I love the kids and will always have fun watching the games, my honest opinions seem to turn the wrong screws in some people in the program. I want to see them do well, but it seems rather childish to continue to pick on that wound. What good does that do anyone.

I wish everyone luck this year and hope the year plays out for everyone the way they want. Personally I think the Hitters are going to need a really good draw if they are going to play 12 games this year. 8A is just too strong and not sure GW has the depth of studs that they used to.

My other issue is that with the NFL and CFA targeting helmet tackles so much, I would assume that GW will suffer significantly. If you take away the aggressiveness that Hetlet teams thrive on, you end up with either an out sized mismatch or a lot of penalties and I can't stand all the penalties I'm seeing.

As for this game, I think the Hitters stay with MS because they have speed all over that defense and on carpet, they will fly. I like the QB and his receivers and think he may pop a few seam routes over the top. Not sure RB Cox will have as much open field considering he started last year as the 4th option on offense. He will bust lots of highlight reel runs, but can't imagine his frame carrying a 2,000 yard burden. His special teams work might add 5-6 TDs this year, but the swarming MS defense might make Friday night tough sledding.

Again, I hope everyone has a great season. I will pop in from time to time if the juices get flowing, but I will choose to let the coaches focus on the kids and opponents. Cheers

capnBill - I have always enjoyed your posts. Hopefully you will drop by more frequently than what I am perceiving via reading between the lines in your above post!!

Huge early momentum swing. GW misses wide open TD then gets stuffed on 4th. First play Hawks hits a pass and GW with typically unsportsmanlike 15 yarder

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT