ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Valley Conference Championship off

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
CG vs Huntley is cancelled

Huntley is in Covid quarantine per News Radio 780

Fun fact: CG and Oswego (before East) were in the same conference in the early to mid 70’s when my siblings went to CG.

Reactions: missingwalter
Fun fact: CG and Oswego (before East) were in the same conference in the early to mid 70’s when my siblings went to CG.

Hard to imagine, but way back in the day, the Little 7 Conference included Oswego, Cary-Grove, Batavia, Geneva, Kaneland, Oswego, the original Plainfield High School, Sycamore & West Chicago.
Yes, that's a 9-team Little 7 but who's counting when you're having fun.
Cary-Grove bolted the Little 7 in the fall of 1973 to join the expansion-minded Northwest Suburban Conference, which also added that year the then not-so-mighty Stevenson and Woodstock. A few years later, the NWSC blew up to 12 teams and played two six-team divisions, but the area was blowing up population-wise and the 12-team NWSC didn't last more than a few years as Cary-Grove left to join the new Fox Valley Conference with same-district rival Crystal Lake High School (this was long before there was a Crystal Lake South and Prairie Ridge).
Crazy how Crystal Lake Central, Crystal Lake South, Prairie Ridge and Cary-Grove are a four-school district while Arlington Heights went from three (Arlington, Forest View & Hersey) to one.

Hard to imagine, but way back in the day, the Little 7 Conference included Oswego, Cary-Grove, Batavia, Geneva, Kaneland, Oswego, the original Plainfield High School, Sycamore & West Chicago.
Cary-Grove bolted the Little 7 in the fall of 1973 to join the expansion-minded Northwest Suburban Conference, which also added that year the then not-so-mighty Stevenson and Woodstock. A few years later, the NWSC blew up to 12 teams and played two six-team divisions, but the area was blowing up population-wise and the 12-team NWSC didn't last more than a few years as Cary-Grove left to join the new Fox Valley Conference with same-district rival Crystal Lake High School (this was long before there was a Crystal Lake South and Prairie Ridge).
Crazy how Crystal Lake Central, Crystal Lake South, Prairie Ridge and Cary-Grove are a four-school district while Arlington Heights went from three (Arlington, Forest View & Hersey) to one.
Hard to believe Waubonsee was once in the Little 7.

Looks like CG won big tonight. Can only tell by the final score I had to scrape for. Kind of pissed our local news Twitter was too busy to follow it. Too bad they didn’t get their shot at Huntley.

Top-notch facts! My brother-in-law was on the last of the Little 7 Conference CG team that won the whole ”thamn ding.”

Looks like CG won big tonight. Can only tell by the final score I had to scrape for. Kind of pissed our local news Twitter was too busy to follow it. Too bad they didn’t get their shot at Huntley.
I watched the game. They dismantled them in all phases. The kicker even scored a touchdown when he picked a fumbled ball. The boys had fun I think everyone got a chance to play. CG is loaded for the fall lots of Juniors in wings. Watch for #20.

Belvidere was once a member of the Little 7 Conference. Way before my time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT