ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Talk: Fox Valley Conference

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Just a place to break down the 2023 Fox Valley conference race.

If recent history follows accordingly this means 2023 will be the year for Cary Grove since it seems like PR and CG rotate winning the FVC every other year, right? Can others rock the boat and shake things up in 2023?

Top teams to watch? Sleeper team to watch? Player of the Year in the conference? Game of the Year? Lets talk Fox Valley conference for 2023 here!

McHenry will not be a contender along with Dundee crown and Hampshire. Cary Grove will be better than last year but I’m thinking 5-4 or 6-3 if they can catch a break. Burlington Central will have a chance to be a heart breaker to some teams if they sleep on BC. Huntley should win the conference every year but they will take a step back from last years 8-1. I figure they will be 6-3. Jacobs also should be a top of the conference every year. They are loaded with returning starters and should be a top of the conference at 8-1/7-2. CL South and CL Central will be retuning a ton of talent! I expect them to replace Huntley at the top this year and contend with Jacobs. PR will need to find a way to compete as the smallest school in the FVC along with these top dogs returning a ton of talent as seniors. PR is maybe the biggest question mark ??Watch out for Penza and Dimopolous connection from CL central and CL South’s Casimino and Prokos/Hess connection. Could be very dangerous.
Top 3 teams heading into the season have to be Jacobs, CL South, and CL Central.

I think that CG is a year away, They will be young again, senior class has some talent, but not big numbers. Jr and soph classes are loaded. They have to hope the injury bug doesn't get them again. 6-3 or 7-2, but the conference is loaded from top to bottom.

Reactions: Tork13
I think that CG is a year away, They will be young again, senior class has some talent, but not big numbers. Jr and soph classes are loaded. They have to hope the injury bug doesn't get them again. 6-3 or 7-2, but the conference is loaded from top to bottom.
I agree CG can and will beat some teams if they over look CG. I expect them next year to be back at the top of conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT